New Rob Papen synth : Go2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Go2

tonedef71 wrote:Calm down lad, and download the free demo today.
I have always wondered, is there any demo that isn't free? :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Import own Waveforms?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

starflakeprj wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:Calm down lad, and download the free demo today.
I have always wondered, is there any demo that isn't free? :)
Tone2 advertise any of their synth as a free download. Even when you enter their site, it says that you can download the best synthesizers for free. Which means that the download is for free. Oh, the generosity. :clap:

And, no, i don't have anything against Tone2. They do their thing, and i wish them the best. :)

All in one window GUI huh? From the screenshot it looks like I need to click a button to reach mod slots 5-8 everytime and click to go back to mod slots 1-4 again if I want to use them? OMG, I hate that! Not even going to demo this. :hihi:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I noticed when I move a control on the display using the mouse while playing a chord (or any notes at all) for about 6 or 7 seconds the display has a sort of hiccup and the audio stops, and the graphics look a bit different. It doesn't happen if I use a knob on the MIDI keyboard and move it that way, it only happens when using the mouse to turn a knob on the display. I am using Cakewalk by Bandlab (formerly Sonar) 64-bit.

I just tried the same thing using my older Sonar X3 64-bit and it didn't have that issue. I started from a cleared/init preset in both cases. I haven't tried it in Cubase 9.5 yet.

Examigan wrote:I noticed when I move a control on the display using the mouse while playing a chord (or any notes at all) for about 6 or 7 seconds the display has a sort of hiccup and the audio stops, and the graphics look a bit different. It doesn't happen if I use a knob on the MIDI keyboard and move it that way, it only happens when using the mouse to turn a knob on the display. I am using Cakewalk by Bandlab (formerly Sonar) 64-bit.

I just tried the same thing using my older Sonar X3 64-bit and it didn't have that issue. I started from a cleared/init preset in both cases. I haven't tried it in Cubase 9.5 yet.
I have tried to reproduce what you have experienced in Cubase 9, Reaper 5 and FL Studio 12 but nothing. I don't have such a problem, so maybe it is related to Sonar.

starflakeprj wrote:I have always wondered, is there any demo that isn't free? :)
There may be others but it will cost you money, at least in the form of a temporary deposit to demo Audio Damage plugins. You get the money back if you don't like it. Not really a cost but not free either.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

What CP is RP using these days?

EnGee wrote:
Examigan wrote:I noticed when I move a control on the display using the mouse while playing a chord (or any notes at all) for about 6 or 7 seconds the display has a sort of hiccup and the audio stops, and the graphics look a bit different. It doesn't happen if I use a knob on the MIDI keyboard and move it that way, it only happens when using the mouse to turn a knob on the display. I am using Cakewalk by Bandlab (formerly Sonar) 64-bit.

I have tried to reproduce what you have experienced in Cubase 9, Reaper 5 and FL Studio 12 but nothing. I don't have such a problem, so maybe it is related to Sonar.
Thanks for checking. 8) I just tried the same thing with a few other synths in that new version of Sonar (now called Cakewalk by Bandlab) and it didn't happen with those plugins. I will put in a support ticket for it on the Rob Papen site.

EDIT: I was going to add a support ticket, but then I just tried the same thing with Cakewalk this morning and it is fine. :? Weird. I will keep an eye on it, as now (thankfully) it is working perfectly.
Last edited by Examigan on Fri May 11, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote:What CP is RP using these days?
I don’t think they use any corporal punishment now since the human rights act made it illegal to spank warezers and crackers.

I think it's pretty cool, I already have UHE's Hive though which at it's current pricing is 4 times the cost of Go2. The creative and animated screen aspect is really clever and deep to bring it more alive, I've not seen that on any other synth before.

At 1080P the two screen sizes provided are just too limiting, one is either too small whilst the other is just overtly too big in that it covers the full screen, blocking out the GUI elements of Studio One such as the main transport bar and main icon and menu bar. UHE's Hive as well as his other free instruments deal with this perfectly with being able to scale from really small and compact to very high resolutions...This scaling aspect needs sorted, and it's one of things resisting me from purchasing this.

Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Fri May 11, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Nielzie wrote:All in one window GUI huh? From the screenshot it looks like I need to click a button to reach mod slots 5-8 everytime and click to go back to mod slots 1-4 again if I want to use them? OMG, I hate that! Not even going to demo this. :hihi:
Spot on :tu:
It's not like there is no space for 4 more tiny rows.
Opportunity wasted.
I'm ok with matrix but at least all on one page.

there's a new version out. 1.0.0b. anyone noticed the ARP in host sync mode is not in sync or at least runs not smooth as before? (using ableton 10/windows)

it seems without host sync it runs better, but whats the point in host sync? (syncs the bpm all the time?)

I added a support ticket on the RP site as that original issue I had earlier has cropped up again.

I might have a problem! A different one though! It is like I hear some very soft crackles sometimes! I'm not sure of it yet as it also appears and disappears randomly. I will check it again soon.

Return to “Instruments”