New Rob Papen synth : Go2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Go2

Vortifex wrote:Shame it doesn't have ADSR dials in the Amp section. Having to click on tiny dots on a visual envelope is finnicky and annoying. It has them in the ENV section but I can't find an easy way to make them usable as normal ADSR controls.
I completely agree! Why there are no knobs (sliders are better) for the AMP/Filter envelopes? :x adjusting the small dots is very annoying and not practical at all! This is a deal-breaker for me :?

Oh! There are dials! Just click "DIAL ENV" option in the upper right :oops:

Ok then I'm very tempted again now :hihi:

Something about the GUI just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not seeing if it will be a part of Explorer 4 or an upgrade?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds nice... Good price.

If I didn't have a rake of synths already I'd snap this up. I don't see it offering anything that I don't have at the moment.

Hope it does well all the same for RP.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Vortifex wrote:
EnGee wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Shame it doesn't have ADSR dials in the Amp section. Having to click on tiny dots on a visual envelope is finnicky and annoying. It has them in the ENV section but I can't find an easy way to make them usable as normal ADSR controls.
I completely agree! Why there are no knobs (sliders are better) for the AMP/Filter envelopes? :x adjusting the small dots is very annoying and not practical at all! This is a deal-breaker for me :?

Oh! There are dials! Just click "DIAL ENV" option in the upper right :oops:

Ok then I'm very tempted again now :hihi:
LOL I just found it, genuine facepalm moment.

Edit: although, every time I close the GUI and re-open it, the setting returns to the default graphical envelope.
It is Ok for me because I only need the knobs when I want to edit, so one more click doesn't matter ;)

I like the concept. Noting is new, but it is compact with very low CPU usage. It seems a mixer of Predator/Albino and other synths. The colour(s) is a strange choice given the SynthMaster popularity! They should maybe 'go to' more originality or just choosing the Predator's 1 lovely skin. But, overall I like it a lot especially the price is very well done :hihi:
I'll give it few more days and see how it goes. I already have Europa in Reason, and that is a monster synth, so GO2 might be a redundant.

Hmmm I expected to be unimpressed by this synth since I already own Predator 2 and Blue II and they all appear to be similar in function but there's something about the sound of Go2 I find very appealing.

I can't stand green but since Predator is red and Blue is well...blue, I suppose Green was the next logical choice. At least it's not bright yellow....... :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nocturnal909 wrote:I'm not seeing if it will be a part of Explorer 4 or an upgrade?
...upgrade (purchase)...
Last edited by Bodhisan on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord knows I don't need any more synths but I might have to pick up Go2 just for grins and giggles.... :hihi:
My Studio.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Looks like a rip off of Synthmaster

You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:Looks like a rip off of Synthmaster
synthmaster knobs have silver rings, Go2 does not.....
HUUUUUUUUGE difference :smack:

and wheres Go1? you just cant skip to 2... :x :x :x
Last edited by layzer on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

rod_zero wrote:they need to invest more in GUI design.
Ikr? Looks uninspiring and lazy.

insprational soundware

Looks like he ran out....

Really like how this synth sounds. :clap:

wagtunes wrote:Something about the GUI just doesn't do it for me.

Is it the disgusting colors?

Return to “Instruments”