Xhip Synthesizer v8.1 (alpha & RC)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xhip Effects Xhip Synthesizer

aciddose wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:45 pm I've always focused on functionality. For example I recently spoke to someone about "drum mode" and the lack of any ability to create custom keymaps. I'd like to eventually add layering and such but the GUI seemed to be most of the trouble (there is very little space in that tiny "control" section!)

I've realized though that a simple text-based list like a spreadsheet would actually do the job.

For example:
(key) (preset) (note) (parameter tweaks)
(C-4 60) (5) (C-4) (...)

That's actually not too bad of an idea and would fit in the control section. I may do that, but I don't plan to add it for 8.1 just yet.

I do have the effects saving dynamically with presets and banks now as you page through the presets. I haven't worked on Xhip for a couple weeks but it should be quick to finish up a new alpha version once I focus on it again. Mostly I need to test this and do some fine-tuning such as a button to bypass the effects sections.
:clap:
The Yoshimi synth dev has done a lot of text-based features
in the past two years, sometimes simple precision is
a great option.
Cheers

aciddose wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 am Try not to even reply to the GUI comments, it's a waste of time. You'll give your fingers arthritis if you engage with all of them. It's very easy to complain pointlessly (without doing anything about it).
lol
and what exactly are these complainers supposed to 'do'?
the complaints aren't pointless. it is a suggestion to consider improving the interface. it's a scrambled mess for some.
take the advice or leave it. but don't get all churlish. this is a forum where people give their opinion...

Suggestions definitely are grand but imagine if you worked on something for ages and gave it away for free then saw this:
inkwarp wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pmthat GUI is shocking. you're pissing on your chips before you even start.
Don't you think it'd get your back up a bit ?

not at all.
i would heed all criticisms/feedback.
whether it is free or not, there's no reason why you would want to make product the best it can be. it's just an opinion. it's not an ad hominem attack.
as i have said, this is a forum and as such is full of people's opinions. if it offends you, don't come on here whining.

aciddose wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 am We've gone over this. It works fine if you assign ADDITIVE parameter routing source "Key" to "Filter Frequency" or similar. This works because the value isn't limited until after all the modulation sources are mixed. You can assign ADDITIVE source "1.0" to "Filter Frequency" using positive or negative depth in order to offset the mid point.

In the future it will be possible to type depth: "40.0" or "sqrt(1/2)" to allow you to get exact values that are greater than -1 to +1 but that will only save you route rows, it's still possible to get up to 11x key tracking because there are 10 rows available.
OK I got it working! The mid-point thing is really tricky..so far best results for me is to turn off the actual tracking button to 0 and then use the route at 1.0 to modulate it. Mid point stays at C2. Then I would slowly turn the tracking button to move it across 100% tracking. I need to better understand the mid-point though which I think is influenced by the route..

It might be easier in the next alpha where I'll allow up to 400% tracking via the KBT parameter. I'll keep the parameter range the same but make it like the cutoff so it can be modulated outside the range via the routing.

Then you'll be able to very simply use source: "1.0" (or whatever) and dest: "filter kbt". I wish there were more space in the control section since it would make adding this stuff way more easy. It's extremely packed in there ATM with no real room to move things around without lots of work.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

inkwarp wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 pm and what exactly are these complainers supposed to 'do'?
Read the thread to see where we've already discussed your complaints and then wait, or go use some other software that does what you want.

I'd prefer if you use the right tool for the job rather than flooding the thread with useless posts (like this one.) I've already told you to take a minute of your OH SO VERY PRECIOUS TIME to bother to read the posts in this thread in a previous post, so this one is entirely redundant. I won't reply to any post about anything related to GUI unless it is original from this point forward.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

Lol
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I've updated the alpha version to r1155 where you can now apply up to 400% filter KBT using the route page.

https://soundcloud.com/xhip/kbt-400

To do this you only need to use "1.0" as a source (additive mode) and "Filter KBT" as a destination. 50% route depth is 1/2 of the parameter range: -100 to +100 = 200%, so 50% = 100% KBT. This means to get 400% you only need two route rows. This method solves the issues of parameter filtering and lack of glide (, with the KBT parameter glide applies correctly.)

Since the range of the cutoff is so wide you should only need a single addition row to "Filter Frequency" to offset it to where you need it. There is no way to adjust the zero point for KBT and won't be until I add much more complex routing capabilities (the ability to process/filter inputs, apply equations and so on.)

This version also has a "mostly" working preset effects where the preset should be automatically updated in most cases I'm aware of... that said I haven't tested it enough to be 100% confident yet. Preset effects will update automatically as you switch presets from the GUI or from MIDI "program change" messages when the "follow program change" switch is enabled. They should also save fine in preset, bank and state files (and therefore projects.)

Why hasn't it been possible to save presets with effects until now? Then the effects are if no use. Could just use external FX instead.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Why isn't it possible to summon green apple cotton candy from the void? Get to work bro, reality is useless left to its own devices.

All other synths with built in effects does that, BUT not yours. Its useless to have a serious conversation with you. i wont bother with this thread nor you anymore. :clown: :dog:

To be honest it answers your question in the manual and it's rather complicated. At the same time however you must realize your question was rhetorical, do you expect an honest answer? If it wasn't intended to be rhetorical you could have probably phrased it differently ... a lot differently. If it was, honestly you come off as extremely childish and stuck up.

I'll admit I've become mean and honestly rather snarky and simply don't have patience for bullshit anymore.

somebodys an unhappy shopper..lol

aciddose wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:51 pm To be honest it answers your question in the manual and it's rather complicated. At the same time however you must realize your question was rhetorical, do you expect an honest answer? If it wasn't intended to be rhetorical you could have probably phrased it differently ... a lot differently. If it was, honestly you come off as extremely childish and stuck up.

I'll admit I've become mean and honestly rather snarky and simply don't have patience for bullshit anymore.
Yes sorry i had a bad day. I take back what i said.

Return to “Instruments”