Poly-LD8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fluffy lol.

11142 posts

holy shit!

Hi,

thanx for the suggestions to make it closer to the original. The VCO uneveness can be managed and set by a button to switch VCO behavior on and off.
The fine tuning will be stay how it is. The HP Filter is an own adding as other *emulation* plugins have his own additions too. With SynthEdit is many more possible than some think of. It was just stoned a lot in the past, because of many *cheap plugins. Where i see it as a creative pool for creative peoples and it is not certainly bad.

I keep your suggestions in mind for a maybe further update.

Cheers,l-day

L-Day wrote:Hi,

thanx for the suggestions to make it closer to the original. The VCO uneveness can be managed and set by a button to switch VCO behavior on and off.
The fine tuning will be stay how it is. The HP Filter is an own adding as other *emulation* plugins have his own additions too. With SynthEdit is many more possible than some think of. It was just stoned a lot in the past, because of many *cheap plugins. Where i see it as a creative pool for creative peoples and it is not certainly bad.

I keep your suggestions in mind for a maybe further update.

Cheers,l-day
gave it a spin, it sounds good, as a polysynth should. can make good bass, pad and lead sounds. another tool in the toolbox. as usual, the onboard
effects help give it some unique sounds. :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hello L-Day,
i had to log in and comment, mainly to say a big thanks for all your freeware over the last few years.
I've been a big fan ANTOPYA especially. Very original synth, and i like the way the 'target' hides whatever modulation is going on in there. Can get really wild!

Thought you'd disappeared, but you're back with 2 new vst's!!!
DL'd the EightySix the other day, and now you've already got a new Vst, which i just DL'd also.

Please don't be discouraged by the negativity you read on here.
I had to step in with some positivity and encouragement and a very big THANKYOU for all your plugs.

Regards from Australia!

Just had a quick play with it, sounds good.
You always have good chorus and delay on most of your vsts which is great.
The bass, and italo patch are winners!

Also the first patch for 86 (Jupiter space) is really nice too.

Cheers man!!!

Hey L-Day,

you're probably aware that there is a Developer Challenge this year.

You should enter EightySix into it. (Maybe put a couple more things on it,
and more presets).

There are previous Challenge entries that i still use.

Variety of Sound's plugs i cannot live without.
Even though he won't upgrade to 64bit, he is still one of THE best at what he does.
Much better than commercial plug ins!!!!

For those who have been able to install this, what does it show up as in your plug-in manager? Sonar and FLS don't even see it, even though I have it in the same folder as my other 32-bit VST instruments.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:For those who have been able to install this, what does it show up as in your plug-in manager? Sonar and FLS don't even see it, even though I have it in the same folder as my other 32-bit VST instruments.

Steve
Hi Steve,

I do have it in Sonar.

It appears among the uncategorized instruments with the name "Container - SynthEdit (32-bit)".

It means that when the developer prepared the compilation in the box of Synthedit which launches that compilation... he forgot the rename his synth project and kept the default name.
:lol:

I confirm all the flaws found by Wok. That doesn't prevent to use this plugin, of course, which provides good sounds recalling the true hardware, but it is not yet a good emulation. Some more works have to be made, those wrote by Wok.

Jacques
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
planetearth wrote:For those who have been able to install this, what does it show up as in your plug-in manager? Sonar and FLS don't even see it, even though I have it in the same folder as my other 32-bit VST instruments.

Steve
Hi Steve,

I do have it in Sonar.

It appears among the uncategorized instruments with the name "Container - SynthEdit (32-bit)".

It means that when the developer prepared the compilation in the box of Synthedit which launches that compilation... he forgot the rename his synth project and kept the default name.
:lol:

I confirm all the flaws found by Wok. That doesn't prevent to use this plugin, of course, which provides good sounds recalling the true hardware, but it is not yet a good emulation. Some more works have to be made, those wrote by Wok.

Jacques
Thanks, Jacques. I actually looked for that too, since that's what I thought had happened. The problem might be that I have another VSTi that already shows up in Sonar as "Container - SynthEdit (32-bit)". It's a Mellotron emulation.

I know VSTs are supposed to get unique IDs in addition to names, but I don't know if that holds true for demo versions of SynthEdit VSTs.

I guess I'll temporarily remove the Mellotron VSTi to see if this one shows up. I have enough Mellotron emulations, anyway. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

hi,

SE 1.3266 is stable, the SE Polymod KX is a good example of the actual stability of SE. It is an open SE1 and it is provided with its SE source files. It done with 100% SE modules to export it in AU format.

If I can make complex electronic tracks with more than 20 instances of my complex VST at 96k with ASIO buffers set to 4 ms, I believe SE stable.

Xavier

Return to “Instruments”