Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

Neon Breath wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:05 pm The activity indicators, how cute and fun... :roll:

But they should really fix the major bugs &issues first like the clicks & the crashes lot of people are having. Quanta is seriously crippled and half-baked.
Have you heard back feom AD yet? Im asking because ive had my eyes on Quanta for a while, but wont bother with it if the crashes and clicks aren't fixed.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I’d avoid this company at all costs.
They don’t even reply to customer emails...

Good to know. Thanks simmo
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:41 pm
Have you heard back feom AD yet? Im asking because ive had my eyes on Quanta for a while, but wont bother with it if the crashes and clicks aren't fixed.
Never got back.

Neon Breath wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:06 am
Never got back.
Then I will avoid AD like the plague

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm Ach man, after searching and trying many granular synths, Quanta was on my list to try/buy. It's sounding like I should avoid this plugin.
I'd avoid it, or any Audio Damage products. They don't even have the courtesy to respond to their customers emails (I've sent three). Apparently they offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you're not happy... . My stupid fault - I picked Quanta up in a sale without testing it thoroughly until too late. On the other end of the software vendor spectrum, MuTools MUX does granular, as well as just about everything else, so if you need a granular synth you could do a lot worse. Jo, the developer couldn't be more helpful if he tried.

From Twitter:

"More Quanta v1.1 news: we have successfully rebuilt the voice stealing algo to remove _all_ stealing clicks. This included the iOS version, whose low voice count was problematic in this regard."
https://twitter.com/audiodamage/status/ ... 2808686593

"v1.1 should be out within a week or so."
https://twitter.com/audiodamage/status/ ... 1452213249
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Neon Breath wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:06 am
Never got back.
Weird...i've always got answers via email from them...

cturner wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 pm From Twitter:

"More Quanta v1.1 news: we have successfully rebuilt the voice stealing algo to remove _all_ stealing clicks. This included the iOS version, whose low voice count was problematic in this regard."
https://twitter.com/audiodamage/status/ ... 2808686593

"v1.1 should be out within a week or so."
https://twitter.com/audiodamage/status/ ... 1452213249
If this update stops Quanta crashing and me losing work, I'll be very happy. Still, would have been nice to have had a response to my bug reports.

delete (I had mentioned I didn't buy it because of the clicking - I forgot that was not Quanta, for me, that was their looper. I did buy Quanta and have been enjoying it) :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Wed May 29, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quanta has been updated and is available.

'Changes include a _huge_ reduction in “clicking” from voice stealing, a lot of usability and UI updates, and many small bug fixes. This update is strongly recommended for all users.

Quanta has been updated on all platforms, and is on sale for 20% off on all platforms until Monday.

Note the iOS update and sale price may take a couple hours to reach your store.'

Does it work with out crashing now?

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:32 pm Does it work with out crashing now?
Did not have the chance to try it out yet, will do tonite when back in studio. Sounds promising though, beside the clicking issues I like the idea of having the visual animations showing the grain activity.

stable here!
iOS and OSX 10.12.6 (Reaper host)

CHANGES IN V1.1.0

New:
> Voice activity lights have been replaced with graph indicators. These show a sum of the level of mod going to the Output. (i.e. the graph is the total of everything routed to the OUTPUT channel in the mod matrix.) This gives a much better visual indicator of voice activity than the previous "is this thing on?" LED.

> FEGs now have animated activity indicators showing the progress of the FEG for every voice.
> FEGs now have a RESET button; this returns the FEG to its default "ADSR" state.

> FLFOs now have animated activity indicators for each active voice.

> Maximum voice count has been increased to 15. This should solve any lingering voice-rollover issues with MPE controllers.

> The salmon color of the interface has had its richness of salmon increased approximately 15%; we are confident this is the richest salmon color in the audio plugin industry.

Fixes:
> The voice stealing algorithm (which was the source of most if not all of the "clicks" that many users experienced) has been totally replaced, and Quanta is certified click-free.

> The cause of the CPU loading when the UI was closed on iOS was found and destroyed.

> The Mac factory preset download issues have been solved.

> Numerous improvements and fixes, and a complete rebuild against all current plugin SDKs.

> The salmon color of the interface has had its richness of salmon increased approximately 15%; we are confident this is the richest salmon color in the audio plugin industry.

:lol:

Return to “Instruments”