Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

(Just a goody-two-shoes reminder that those on the beta program are under an NDA until release).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

As both a bass station hi and an ionosphere 2 owner this is exciting news. Would love it if this started a trend. Not only from the software side but imagine hardware that had specific patches out of the box for certain software with it's own specific routing and capabilities... :hyper:

This looks like the final push from Live to Cubase for me now, the fact users have been asking Ableton for NRPN since 2003 shows ableton have no intention of supporting any hardware.

I admit NRPN sucks but most hi end hardware synths use it.

Wasn't 2.5 supposed to be released this week? Looking forward to it!

quantum7 wrote:Wasn't 2.5 supposed to be released this week? Looking forward to it!
The 2.5 public beta is available now to registered 2 owners. :tu:
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

jarnold wrote:
quantum7 wrote:Wasn't 2.5 supposed to be released this week? Looking forward to it!
The 2.5 public beta is available now to registered 2 owners. :tu:
Awesome!

Omnisphere sounds incredible to me. However, this makes me wonder what the sound coming out of the mapped synth is like... is it shrill noise.. wacky wobbler... or something usable? :lol:

And another thought after watching the sonicstate sooperbooth interview -- One could spend years just going through patches in Omnisphere... I think he said 13k patches? haha. You'd almost need a hand at just demoing them to find a go-to list. At least that is what I'd need otherwise I'd get sidetracked just keyboard noodling and demoing patches.

Sometimes too big of a choice is limiting...

More good news - 2.4.3 is out for everyone and it fixes the Windows granular CPU bug. No more crazy spikes on those patches, excellent work.

On the 13,000 presets thing... pretty much since day one I’ve always thought that wholesale patch browsing was a non-starter in Omni. The key of course is to drill down via the tags to a specific set of criteria, and then you’re patch browsing a manageable set of choices. This is why I drone on about the various tagging issues Omni 2 has - it’s a really important part of the Omni ecosystem, and it’s never worked anything like as well as it should. Oh, and that 13,000 figure is a bit of a cheat in that it’s combined soundsources and patches. It’s still a massive number of patches though.

That ongoing moan aside, of course it does reflect how insanely diverse Omni is.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:More good news - 2.4.3 is out for everyone and it fixes the Windows granular CPU bug. No more crazy spikes on those patches, excellent work.

On the 13,000 presets thing... pretty much since day one I’ve always thought that wholesale patch browsing was a non-starter in Omni. The key of course is to drill down via the tags to a specific set of criteria, and then you’re patch browsing a manageable set of choices. This is why I drone on about the various tagging issues Omni 2 has - it’s a really important part of the Omni ecosystem, and it’s never worked anything like as well as it should. Oh, and that 13,000 figure is a bit of a cheat in that it’s combined soundsources and patches. It’s still a massive number of patches though.

That ongoing moan aside, of course it does reflect how insanely diverse Omni is.
Not to mention the also insane number of equally diverse and often very high quality third party patches available.

Quite so, aMUSEd. Omni tells me I have factory 8,623 patches (that includes Trilian, Keyscape and the 2.5 patches). But Windows tells me I also have 6,508 3rd party patches. Over 15,000.... that's ridiculous... how did I get that many?
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:More good news - 2.4.3 is out for everyone and it fixes the Windows granular CPU bug. No more crazy spikes on those patches, excellent work.

Woah they really after all these years finally addressed the windows granular cpu issue? Crazy.

I always laughed at how they combined soundsources with patches for their number of “sounds”. A few yeah the tagging is a disaster in V2. But oh well.

100 percent agree about the tagging / browsing system. Even sent them a video showing how it could be improved years ago and unfortunately still waiting. Shame really.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

You are joking of course, you have to actually sign an NDA and its "public" beta
noiseboyuk wrote:(Just a goody-two-shoes reminder that those on the beta program are under an NDA until release).

topaz wrote:You are joking of course, you have to actually sign an NDA and its "public" beta
noiseboyuk wrote:(Just a goody-two-shoes reminder that those on the beta program are under an NDA until release).
But you have to agree that you won´t talk about it in public or post demos etc. if you join the public beta. So it´s kind of you agree to an NDA if you use the public beta.
Public just means here that everyone with a V2 license can join it.
But i guess i´m allowed to say that i´m quite surprised how well it can fit the analog tones.
And indeed i never thought that i now want a hardware synth more than ever.
Mostly it was quite the opposite, that software replace hardware but now a software wants me to get hardware :D
Last edited by Cinebient on Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like that's going to happen.
Cinebient wrote:But you have to agree that you won´t talk about it in public or post demos etc. if you join the public beta. So it´s kind of you agree to an NDA if you use the public beta.
Public just means here that everyone with a V2 license can join it.

Return to “Instruments”