Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
70 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Thu May 03, 2018 6:14 am

Hello All,
We have just updated Granulizer to V.1.1
gui.png
This update is free for the current users.

You can find the new version of Granulizer here :
https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/sto ... ranulizer/

Existing Users : Under your profile you can also find earlier versions of the plugin.

New Features - Improvements include :
  • A bigger, cleaner and more streamlined GUI
  • New Grain Warp section, with audio rate amplitude modulation, with a modulator being shaped from the grain itself, making it capable of producing complex inharmonic textures.
  • Several bug fixes.
  • CPU optimizations
More on the plugin :

Granulizer is a granular synthesis software synthesizer (currently in Audio Unit format) intended for creative sound design.
It features a very versatile DSP engine that can go all the way from metallic crunch and grainy fuzziness to smooth reverb-like tones, spectral widening or chaotic soundscapes. The controls are deliberately kept few and simple, but you can get a great variety of really rich sounds with unusual harmonic content out of Granulizer.

Granulizer features:
  • High quality audio engine that performs time-stretching, pitch-shifting, granular resynthesis and spectrum manipulation.
  • Grain Warping Engine with audio rate feedback modulation, that produces complex textures in parallel to the granular ones.
  • Diffusion effect for wide droney sounds (think spectral reverb).
  • Spectral Shaping.
  • Frequency shifter for atonal variations.
  • Control over subtle randomization of certain internal parameters ("Magic" knob).
  • Attack/Release envelope.
  • Waveform view with loop selection.
  • Minimal, clean UI.
Version 1.1 ChangeLog:
  • New Bigger, Cleaner and more streamlined GUI.
  • New Warp section, for further grain manipulation.
  • Numerous bug fixes.
  • CPU optimizations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZmAoBZKpeU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8emDgZwYnJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMEc2joPhAw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ISS

killmaster
KVRian
894 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 am

Just a quick note. This would not install through the installer. I have to manually remove v1.0 before the installer would work.

Thanks for the update. Looks tremendously cleaner. Can't wait to delve into this!

simmo75
KVRian
992 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 7:44 am

Installed but still using the old little version.

Is this version backwards compatible?
I don't want to delete the old one and lose parts of songs.

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
70 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 7:53 am

simmo75 wrote:Installed but still using the old little version.

Is this version backwards compatible?
I don't want to delete the old one and lose parts of songs.
Hello simmo75, this version is tested to be backwards compatible, projects saved with 1.0.1 should open flawlessly with v.1.1, we have also tested that if you want to go back and for some reason install v 1.0.1 the existing parameters wont be affected, this can't be guaranteed though. Also in the about - registration screen, we have added a shortcut for the manual, for easy access.
best!
ISS

simmo75
KVRian
992 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 8:03 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Installed but still using the old little version.

Is this version backwards compatible?
I don't want to delete the old one and lose parts of songs.
Hello simmo75, this version is tested to be backwards compatible, projects saved with 1.0.1 should open flawlessly with v.1.1, we have also tested that if you want to go back and for some reason install v 1.0.1 the existing parameters wont be affected, this can't be guaranteed though. Also in the about - registration screen, we have added a shortcut for the manual, for easy access.
best!
Great Thanks, it's lovely! But... Crashing Ableton Live 10, High Sierra.

Edit: It's hard crashes constantly and is unusable on my system.

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
70 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 8:33 am

simmo75 wrote:
InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Installed but still using the old little version.

Is this version backwards compatible?
I don't want to delete the old one and lose parts of songs.
Hello simmo75, this version is tested to be backwards compatible, projects saved with 1.0.1 should open flawlessly with v.1.1, we have also tested that if you want to go back and for some reason install v 1.0.1 the existing parameters wont be affected, this can't be guaranteed though. Also in the about - registration screen, we have added a shortcut for the manual, for easy access.
best!
Great Thanks, it's lovely! But... Crashing Ableton Live 10, High Sierra.

Edit: It's hard crashes constantly and is unusable on my system.
Sorry to hear that, could you send us the crash report here ? admin@inertiasoundsystems.com
Also the exact version of high sierra, and ableton live, so that we can have a look.
Thanks a lot!
ISS

simmo75
KVRian
992 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 am

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Installed but still using the old little version.

Is this version backwards compatible?
I don't want to delete the old one and lose parts of songs.
Hello simmo75, this version is tested to be backwards compatible, projects saved with 1.0.1 should open flawlessly with v.1.1, we have also tested that if you want to go back and for some reason install v 1.0.1 the existing parameters wont be affected, this can't be guaranteed though. Also in the about - registration screen, we have added a shortcut for the manual, for easy access.
best!
Great Thanks, it's lovely! But... Crashing Ableton Live 10, High Sierra.

Edit: It's hard crashes constantly and is unusable on my system.
Sorry to hear that, could you send us the crash report here ? admin@inertiasoundsystems.com
Also the exact version of high sierra, and ableton live, so that we can have a look.
Thanks a lot!
Just sent it now.

Neon Breath
KVRAF
2942 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 10:04 am

Hopefully it won't crash on my Ableton Live 9... (High Sierra here too)
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

User avatar
Julien Unison
KVRist
346 posts since 9 Oct, 2006

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 am

Works perfectly here :

MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2015 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3 Samsung SSD
Sierra 10.12.6
Logic 10.4.1
U N I S O N : shoegaze / electronic / black metal wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Neon Breath
KVRAF
2942 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Thu May 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Great update! Loving it so far. Granulizer is better than ever. I think it's a solid update with new features and stuff that make it even more fun and creative to use.

Couple points:
-I had to delete the previous version of the plugin, installer didn't seem to write over the old one. All fine after that.
-Large GUI!!! Probably the best feature in this update.
-Pitch parameter is very welcome! Smooth and great.
-The Wrap, although I'm not sure what 'Grain warping engine' does even after checking the manual, it does sound pretty cool. Adds more depth & an unusual color to the granulation, especially combined with the Spectral FX. You can achieve quite unique and weird granular stuff with those two.

Thanks for the update :D :tu:
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
70 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Fri May 04, 2018 3:39 am

Neon Breath wrote:Great update! Loving it so far. Granulizer is better than ever. I think it's a solid update with new features and stuff that make it even more fun and creative to use.

Couple points:
-I had to delete the previous version of the plugin, installer didn't seem to write over the old one. All fine after that.
-Large GUI!!! Probably the best feature in this update.
-Pitch parameter is very welcome! Smooth and great.
-The Wrap, although I'm not sure what 'Grain warping engine' does even after checking the manual, it does sound pretty cool. Adds more depth & an unusual color to the granulation, especially combined with the Spectral FX. You can achieve quite unique and weird granular stuff with those two.

Thanks for the update :D :tu:
Hey Neon!
We're happy to hear that!
We'll look into the installer glitch asap!
Warping is an AM Feature, with a modulator that its phase gets distorted according to grain samples :).
More exciting things are also on their way!
Cheers!
ISS

PierreJoseff
KVRer
11 posts since 7 Mar, 2018

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Fri May 04, 2018 3:40 am

Works wonderfully here :

MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2014 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
El Capitan 10.11.6
Ableton 10.0.1

it's big update, in love with pitch parameter !
and always the magic button is ... magic !


Thank's

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
70 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Fri May 04, 2018 7:18 am

PierreJoseff wrote:Works wonderfully here :

MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2014 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
El Capitan 10.11.6
Ableton 10.0.1

it's big update, in love with pitch parameter !
and always the magic button is ... magic !


Thank's

Happy to heat that!!
As said before more cool features are on their way and we are excited to work on them!
Stay tuned :hyper:
ISS

Organoid
KVRer
1 posts since 2 Feb, 2018

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:43 am

Oh,can't wait for the windows version!

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
70 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Re: Inertia Sound Systems Granulizer Updated to V.1.1

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Updates!!!

We have moved the codebase to JUCE, to achieve cross platform drone, glitch and soundscape creation.

We are really close :)
Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.00.31 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ISS

Return to “Instruments”