Toontrack SD2 to SD3 strange upgrade policy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got a "black-mail" from them also, they absolutely stinks, I gave them far to much of my money, and my trust, for what it is,..

Angaged with them by glueing me to their platform, with superior, and far to many overpriced libs, (even when they was achieved on deals),..

Now they reward me by pushing me in a dead-end, and trying to rob me,..

This is the worst example I have seen in 20-30 years ,.. and I have seen a lot
HM

Yep. I'm a pretty big SD fan. I got the email too and it pi$$ed me off. So much so, that I recently downloaded the Addictive Drums demo. Will have to check it out soon. Maybe another company will get my money, who knows?

Bought BFD3 insteadt ,... bye Toontrack
HM

We should all write to Toontrack and say 'HURRY. QUICK.' We will no longer be supporting you after December 31, 2018. YOU are being DISCONTINUED.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just use BFD and get better drum sounds :wink:
No auto tune...

For me things are clear. I have already sold my SD2 and the expansions. It is up to someone else to feed Toontrack now.
Last edited by emanuelsj on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks like maybe they shot themselves in the foot...foolish move? You betcha! Should have kept upgrade path infinite. As an owner of SD2 this is a dick move.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

I, too, find Toontrack’s heavy handed upgrade tactics odious and customer unfriendly.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

It's probably got very little to do with the creative guys who would be the heart and soul of the company...

It's those corporate bean counters again...

When companies put profits before people,it's a very good reason to consider bringing back the guillotine...

It worked pretty good in the past :party:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm Just use BFD and get better drum sounds :wink:
Well considering FXpansion just discontinued BFD Eco (which I bought for $20), their approach has been to offer me an upgrade to BFD3 for $74 :o Now that is a no-brainer worthy of my credit card and similarly ends the option for Toontrack.

First they gave us "Drumkit from Hell"

Now they give us "Upgrade from Hell"

Should have been a little more critical from the start with someone using such a stupid name entering the market, saw a video once with one of the founders who apeared to be a bit like a satanist also btw.

Guess they are laughing their arse of by now

I got that cheap BFD3 upgrade also

Looks much more straight forward and not so over-cluttered like SD3 has ended up, and who was asking for all the surround-overkill from hell ?

Not me

Sample-import at last, yes, but very veak implimented, they dont really want people to be able to intergrate their own sounds fully

They only whant to sell their own overpriced sets I guess
HM

I used to love Toontrack before their heavyhanded tactics with EZD2 and SD3, but now they're really crapped the bed.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Toontrack throws in a free New York Studios Vol 1 SDX when buying SD3, but only for the regular and crossgrade version, not the upgrade version (see fine print at bottom of their site: "Only Regular and Crossgrade versions of Superior Drummer 3 will grant a free New York Studios Vol.1 SDX."). Great way to say "FU, SD2 users" :tu:

paterpeter wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:17 pm Toontrack throws in a free New York Studios Vol 1 SDX when buying SD3, but only for the regular and crossgrade version, not the upgrade version (see fine print at bottom of their site: "Only Regular and Crossgrade versions of Superior Drummer 3 will grant a free New York Studios Vol.1 SDX."). Great way to say "FU, SD2 users" :tu:

Don't know how to tell you this, but I believe SD2 comes with NY Studios Volume 1. :-)

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

SD3 has some really great built in FX. I wasn't happy about the upgrade policy, or how long it took me to download but I am very happy with the software, so far. They have tons of video tutorials on YouTube as well, to get you started. There's a lot more to this update than just a new GUI.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”