ModulAir by Full Bucket Music (v1.2.3 released)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ModulAir

I can't find answer in the PDF but I'd be happy to learn the way it's done. (If it's available at all.)

Is there a way to hide unused slots?

Is there a "MIDI out module" (or some neat trick) in Modulair to send sequences to other VSTs?

Is there a realistic chance having a "random virtual cable" in the next version? I like the "plug" concept with the left-click selection of an available option. But it'd be a nice experiment to use alt-left-click to pick a random option. Always looking for those happy accidents ... :)

Best regards, András

Good Lord, this thing is absurdly complex. I had no idea it could do FM (8 operator algorithms, what an actual F) formant and resonators all at once, I thought it was just another straightforward analog modular. What a mind-boggling complexity. And all of this for free. Some presets sometimes don't produce any sound at all and make Cakewalk crash: clipping audio with no sound audible though, the problem persists even after removing the plugin. It hasn't happened with any other plugin I've tried in the DAW, strange.

Hence, it still seems sort of buggy at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to create my own sounds without any of the mentioned issues, maybe it's just an issue with select presets. But man, I hope Bjorn continues to develop this, will donate a coin or two when I get a chance. Absolute madness, what a terrifying monster this is.

If there is clipping with little or no sound, check for dc... Easy to create in a modular, especially if feedback is involved...

That clipping happens irregularly while flipping though presets without changing anything. Although it might be DC, the thing is sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it subsides on its own, sometimes I need to restart my DAW to resolve the issue. I've also noticed this problem occasionally resurfaces while using the saturator module too.

It could be, that states of a module are preserved when switching presets causing this. What happens if you delete all modules and then reload the patch?

As I say, it happens irregularly. Sometimes the plugin will play just fine, sometimes it will clip in this weird way for no apparent reason, it doesn't seem to be related to specific patches though. To resolve the issue, you either have to wait a little for it to go back to normal and simply reload the plugin or reload the entire project, as sometimes even removing the plugin doesn't solve the clipping issue. It's not a big deal and I can make my own patches just fine, it's just there still appear to be quite a few bugs to be squashed. With all that being said, it's an amazing plugin, it's like a Yamaha DX7 and a VL1 rolled into one, just awesome.
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:20 am It could be, that states of a module are preserved when switching presets causing this. What happens if you delete all modules and then reload the patch?
I will try to replicate the issue and then check this out and report back. But as I say, even removing the plugin doesn't help sometimes, so I doubt it's gonna help much and I'm not exactly sure it's related to states of modules being preserved. But I will try removing the modules and reloading the patch to see if it solves the clipping issue either way.

Best thing to do is to send me a patch that causes your problems.

The presets that sometimes seem to cause the aforementioned issue are Digital Age, Serious, Spectral Formant, possibly The Beast From Below, although I'm not sure about the latter one. All patches are unmodified factory presets.

Version 1.2.0 released. Not sure if it fixes all your issues though. :hihi:
https://www.fullbucket.de/music/modulair.html

Cheers, Björn

instant (full-) crash with crashreport upon inserting on mac os x mojave, AU version,
in logic 10.5.1 as well as in hostingAU

can send you crashreports...

Full Bucket wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:21 am Version 1.2.0 released. Not sure if it fixes all your issues though. :hihi:
https://www.fullbucket.de/music/modulair.html

Cheers, Björn
Will check out later and report back. Thank you for developing the synth, it's a treasure.

Can confirm the validation crash in Logic. I'm on 10.6.1 and Catalina.

No problems with the previous version of ModulAir.

Confirmed for Mac AU - there was a problem with the PKG installer file. :dog: This is fixed now.
No need to re-download ModulAir for Windows users.

https://fullbucket.de/music/modulair.html

Cheers, Björn

validates in logic and is now working fine in logic (10.5.1) and hostingAU (in osx mojave)
thank you!

Nice to hear muki. Great synth isnt it? :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”