I am trying Sitala now. I have few suggestions/feedback/bug reports based on a small test run, if you want to implement/correct.
Sorry, for possible typos, I am writing this through small mobile.
0. First of all, Sitala behaved as stable plugin, doing what it should do perfectly without any problem. No crash in continuous one+ hour. Congratulations for great plugin.
1. Regarding my earlier post (about a FL Studio Sampler Channel Function), Existing Tuning knob in Sitala is not doing what I suggested. Actually, POGO knob in FL Studio modifies pitch envelope. It interestingly makes sample punchier or softer.
If interested, More details by FL Studio developer here:
2. How to delete already loaded sample in individual pad? It is not very clear. Right clicking on sample slot/pad only gives option to load sample. Am I missing something?
3. Getting out of "Rename..." option (accessible by right clicking sample slot) needs pressing Enter key or clicking on any other sample slot/pad only. Rename function remains active even if we move those big knob paramaters or click on other part of GUI.
Not a big issue. But, workflow killer.
Is it possible to get out of "Rename..." if we click anywhere on GUI or turn knobs?
4. Where do MIDI map presets are stored? Can we have option to save in same folder where Kits are stored?
5. For MIDI Map presets, "Manage Presets..." window shows just one option at bottom of window: " - " (delete)
If we press it, it deletes selected map without confirmation. Sometimes we may delete selected map by mistake.
Please give option of renaming selected midi map also.
6. It seems there is bug in midi mapping.
In piano roll, I have to put note at C3 to play sample mapped to C1.
In other words, samples need to be played by keys two octaves higher than shown mapped key just below the pad (playing D5 key will show as D3 on GUI).
7. "Edit MIDI Map" function remains always active till we again go to menu and again select it (to remove that tick mark).
Just pressing enter or clicking any where on GUI should take us out of midi map editing mode.
8. How to use "Use One Audio Output per Pad"? How can we link each pad to each channel? It is not clear without manual or small text help file.
9. Is it possible to have only vst DLL instead of installer?
10. While editing MIDI map, "S" (solo) can be activated/deactivated, but "M" (mute) can not be. You may keep either both of them changeable or not changeable in midi map edit mode. Not a big issue to functionality, but, may be redundant feature according to existing functionality.
11. Is it possible to add "sample retrigger" function? If we keep pressed a pad, it will keep retriggering the sample according to defined rate linked to host tempo.
Is it too much to ask this feature and still maintain its simplicity?
12. Can you make it possible to have a default start up MIDI map chosen by user (user definable default MIDI map)?
13. If I clear all stored kits from drop down menu using "clear" option, and, then, go to "Mapping Presets" menu option, "General MIDI" shows a small question mark- right side to rext (indicating some error).
If we click it, we get a pop up mentioning as below:
"The kit does not provide general MIDI mappings. You can add them by right clicking on the pads and selecting 'Map General MIDI'"
But, since the kit is cleared and there are no samples in any pad, only option we get after right clicking is: Load Sample
The pop up message has no meaning.
Even if kit is already loaded, there is no option of 'Map General MIDI' in options at right clicking pads.
Loading other two MIDI maps (Chromatic Keys and Only White Keys) works OK in blank kit.
How to auto map samples in pads to general MIDI map?
That's all for now. Sorry for too much text, I could not stop myself writing what all I found.
If you need more clarification on any point, let me know.
It's more than 1 hour now... writing and testing together.
Hope this helps to make this plugin better.
Best of luck.