New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
SMH
KVRist
191 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Post Wed May 09, 2018 4:00 pm

New MPE update for Admiral Quality Poly-ana http://www.admiralquality.com/poly-ana_1_3_2_released/ !

Now I only need a MPE contoller. :ud: Any recommendations?

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
11553 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Wed May 09, 2018 4:43 pm

While I don't have an MPE controller it's good to see Poly-Ana getting any kind of love. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
SMH
KVRist
191 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Wed May 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Teksonik wrote:While I don't have an MPE controller it's good to see Poly-Ana getting any kind of love. :)
:tu:

Previous update before this one looks to have been about 10 months ago so not too too bad. http://www.admiralquality.com/poly-ana- ... s/#changes

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6175 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Wed May 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Poly-Ana worked quite well already with MPE (I actually sent the instructions to roger Linn that he posted on his sound generators page about how to use it), but it’s great to see it made even easier.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRian
1411 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Wed May 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Poly-Ana is a quite expensive player even if on sale. Is it worth it? How does it compare to other MPE synths like Equator, Synthmaster, just to name two...

User avatar
SMH
KVRist
191 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Thu May 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:Poly-Ana is a quite expensive player even if on sale. Is it worth it? How does it compare to other MPE synths like Equator, Synthmaster, just to name two...
Just try it and see!! :love:

simmo75
KVRian
995 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Thu May 10, 2018 12:32 pm

This update crashes Ableton Live 10 on mac and Poly-Ana has the worst GUI ever...
Wish the guy would just get a decent GUI and make a freakin installer.

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
29812 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

The Limeflavour skins are perfectly usable.

User avatar
SMH
KVRist
191 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Thu May 10, 2018 3:14 pm

aMUSEd wrote:The Limeflavour skins are perfectly usable.
Same. I <3 this one Image

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6175 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 pm

simmo75 wrote:This update crashes Ableton Live 10 on mac and Poly-Ana has the worst GUI ever...
Wish the guy would just get a decent GUI and make a freakin installer.
There are lots of skins. The hoverland dusk is my favor aesthetically but I like ingo’s for clarity. Can’t temeber the skin name right now.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

User avatar
SMH
KVRist
191 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Fri May 11, 2018 4:51 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
simmo75 wrote:This update crashes Ableton Live 10 on mac and Poly-Ana has the worst GUI ever...
Wish the guy would just get a decent GUI and make a freakin installer.
There are lots of skins. The hoverland dusk is my favor aesthetically but I like ingo’s for clarity. Can’t temeber the skin name right now.
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/poly-an ... /downloads

Bit weird but I like that its big.

bill45
KVRAF
2211 posts since 15 Jun, 2006

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Sat May 12, 2018 2:58 pm

What is MPE?

chk071
KVRAF
17321 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Sat May 12, 2018 3:04 pm

SMH wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The Limeflavour skins are perfectly usable.
Same. I <3 this one Image
You know, that's a lot better than the original skin, but... it also shows that the issues with the GUI layout are not quickly solvable by a new skin. Way too many controls on one page, and way too little space between the control.

Only way i could imagine using that is to fill the whole full HD resolution screen.

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8515 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Sat May 12, 2018 3:23 pm

I just dropped a new skin into my Polyana folder after renaming the old skin folder but its still loading the default skin.

User avatar
SMH
KVRist
191 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Sat May 12, 2018 3:24 pm


Return to “Instruments”