New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
SMH
KVRist
179 posts since 22 Feb, 2017

Post Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:09 am

Dasheesh wrote:You won’t catch me saying this but once in a blue moon, but me likey some SMH right now.
Gosh, thanks! :oops:
Ever go on sale?
It's on 35 % off sale right now. Sale was supposed to end yesterday but their web site and Facebook says they extended it through the weekend. (Possibly because I asked them to. I wasn't sure I'd get paid last night in time to catch the sale- sometimes it doesn't come through til Friday- and I wanted to get Scamp, which I did. Thanks Admiral :tu: !! )

SMH
KVRist

Re: New Poly-ana update (MPE!)

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Looks like everything at AQ is currently 50% not sure for how long. New Scamp update too and he said on GS that another PA update is coming 'any hour'. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=217 :hyper:

SMH
KVRist

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:59 am

There it is!! Looks like you can set your own start up bank now- nice! https://twitter.com/AdmiralQuality/stat ... 8643246080

nichttuntun
KVRist
480 posts since 22 Nov, 2017

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Where do skins go again - want to change to that one
If you're on Windows, then:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Admiral Quality\Poly-Ana\skin
Hi,
I need a little help also.
On my Win7 machine I could do it that way and the custom skin was working.

On my Win10 machine I don´t have a Admiral Quality folder...there is no installer and I just copied all files into my VST-folder. In there I exchanged the skin-folder but nothing happened.

:help:

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23021 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 am

nichttuntun wrote: On my Win10 machine I don´t have a Admiral Quality folder...there is no installer and I just copied all files into my VST-folder. In there I exchanged the skin-folder but nothing happened.

Make a folder yourself at:
Put the skin you want Poly-Ana to use in there.

nichttuntun
KVRist

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
nichttuntun wrote: On my Win10 machine I don´t have a Admiral Quality folder...there is no installer and I just copied all files into my VST-folder. In there I exchanged the skin-folder but nothing happened.

Make a folder yourself at:
Put the skin you want Poly-Ana to use in there.
It´s strange but working. Thank you a lot. :tu:
Now it has just to be bigger. Even the 1200 sized custom skins are small as hell and tiny to read on a screen with 2560 resolution :(

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 am

Yeah. Resizable GUI's would be great. Next update maybe? :)

nichttuntun
KVRist

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:Yeah. Resizable GUI's would be great. Next update maybe? :)
I guess that will be illusory for a long time. I contacted the developer and told him he would make many people happy :)

Just programmed a bit and on a big screen it's really no fun with this tiny fonts and general size. I use the Dusk skin and that is already a bit bigger than the original but the fonts size seems to be the same.

Can't say enough how thick and full of pressure the bottom end of this remarkable VST is.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:48 am

nichttuntun wrote:Can't say enough how thick and full of pressure the bottom end of this remarkable VST is.
Yeah. AQ was way ahead of the curve when Poly was first released. The first VST I ever heard with real bass presence. There's more competition these days, but Poly-Ana still sounds great to me.

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2096 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:46 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:Can't say enough how thick and full of pressure the bottom end of this remarkable VST is.
Yeah. AQ was way ahead of the curve when Poly was first released. The first VST I ever heard with real bass presence. There's more competition these days, but Poly-Ana still sounds great to me.
+1
A well-behaved signature.

SMH
KVRist

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 am

+2 first thing i noticed too!!

Return to “Instruments”