SONiVOX Stratum

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Caine123
KVRAF
5245 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 am

Caine123 wrote:Dont buy their shit . This is a f++××÷ company. No support i mesaaged them on facebook and emails 3 times. No reply. F%%% them
Everyone who wonders about their reputation.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11097 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Mon May 21, 2018 11:36 am

Gamma-UT wrote:
menthol wrote:I can honestly say I've never before seen such venom directed at a company in this forum. (And that's saying a lot.) :o
As a sample library supplier (Sonic Implants), Sonivox does OK. Their software leaves a lot to be desired. It's had, ahem, a bit of an effect on their reputation.
This! It's almost weird enough that I'd love to know the story. Did they get some intern to work for free over every summer to code each plugin or something? In general the quality is bad, but, there's some variation. I think that they must recognize this though as this is the first plugin from then, AFAIK, to use the struQture engine, which, AFAIK, is not them.

https://www.qubiqaudio.com/

The reverb NOS Roomer also uses this engine, I have no idea what's involved with the "engine", but it appears to be similar to synthedit or perhaps Halion in some sense, only with a lot more capability. I'm not sure if it's just an API, or a full instrument build environment/data flow language, but it certainly seems to provide very high level audio tools, e.g., fx.

So, it's very possible that they realize that they can't code for shit and are relying on tools from other vendors in an effort to try and salvage their reputation. The knobs and other U/I elements appear to be salvaged from their other products. In other words, it might sound fine, but I'm going to let other people be the testers.

moshimoshi
KVRist
59 posts since 18 May, 2016

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 pm

ghettosynth wrote:the struQture engine, which, AFAIK, is not them.

https://www.qubiqaudio.com/
https://www.qubiqaudio.com/about-us

No idea about the full story behind this, but I just had a look at this page - seems like 2 out of the 3 Qubiq founders also founded/had involvement with Sonivox. So it looks like it is at least partially them.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11097 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Tue May 22, 2018 2:45 pm

moshimoshi wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:the struQture engine, which, AFAIK, is not them.

https://www.qubiqaudio.com/
https://www.qubiqaudio.com/about-us

No idea about the full story behind this, but I just had a look at this page - seems like 2 out of the 3 Qubiq founders also founded/had involvement with Sonivox. So it looks like it is at least partially them.
I stand corrected. I probably should have read more of their website LOL! It sounds like it is, for all intents and purposes, the same people who have brought you other plugins of limited value and ability.

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRian
1316 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Caine123 wrote:Dont buy their shit . This is a f++××÷ company. No support i mesaaged them on facebook and emails 3 times. No reply. F%%% them
+1
Shady company, average (at best) plugins.

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRian
1316 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Aloysius wrote:SONiVOX Rectum
:hihi:

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
9298 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:02 am

Plugivery wrote:I use to enjoy reading KVR's constructive members posts...

Have fun !
One should learn to take the good with the bad.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

moshimoshi
KVRist
59 posts since 18 May, 2016

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Plugivery wrote:I use to enjoy reading KVR's constructive members posts...

Have fun !
This sounds a bit indignant to say the least, and I think you're not doing yourself any favours. I don't have an opinion either way on users' posts here. But I notice you're a dealer for Sonivox. You should understand that the reputation a company gets for quality of software/updates/support is usually warranted. And if a company makes up completely ridiculous marketing BS there's a risk they could get called out on it. So IMHO your indignation is misplaced. It would probably be more useful to feed back the sentiments from this thread to your client Sonivox :tu:

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
22084 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:34 pm

+1

Also remember that customers (are usually) quite forgiving. If you want to receive praise ... do the right thing.
I didn't get where I am today ...

chk071
KVRAF
17032 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:41 pm

menthol wrote:I can honestly say I've never before seen such venom directed at a company in this forum. (And that's saying a lot.) :o
About who? The company or the customer?

There are companies which get shit here non-stop, yet have created some of the best-selling and most popular products. It's the nature of the beast. And, when i say beast then i mean beast.

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
22084 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:43 pm

chk071 wrote:... And, when i say beast then i mean breast.
:roll:
I didn't get where I am today ...

zzz00m
KVRian
1293 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:52 am

ghettosynth wrote:
moshimoshi wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:the struQture engine, which, AFAIK, is not them.

https://www.qubiqaudio.com/
https://www.qubiqaudio.com/about-us

No idea about the full story behind this, but I just had a look at this page - seems like 2 out of the 3 Qubiq founders also founded/had involvement with Sonivox. So it looks like it is at least partially them.
I stand corrected. I probably should have read more of their website LOL! It sounds like it is, for all intents and purposes, the same people who have brought you other plugins of limited value and ability.
Exactly!
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

musicartist
Banned
102 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:34 pm

MVP loops also seem to use the struQture engine for their plugins.

Big Tick
KVRAF
3205 posts since 29 May, 2001 from New York, NY

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:20 pm


jbarish
KVRist
282 posts since 28 Apr, 2017

Re: SONiVOX Stratum

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Has anything ever been good from SONIVOX??? I put them in the same "Better Off Flushing Your $$$ Down the Toilet" category as Sknote, Crysonic, Beatskillz, and SoundSpot.

Return to “Instruments”