SONiVOX Stratum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Stratum Transwave Synth

If you're on Windows 10, have you tried the stand-alone version?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:28 am If you're on Windows 10, have you tried the stand-alone version?
Have now!

As you can see in the first image I posted, I'm on Win10 20H2 build.

Thank you. For me, after purchase, the stand-alone and plugin were both crashing on W10.

My purchase link is dead now.

I guess I should get the trial version again direct from the SONiVOX website, or is there another place that you know of?

On the website, the only update I see if for Mac.

MAC Update V1.1 (Stratum)
Adds Mac OS Catalina and Big Sur Support

I think I installed the SoniVox version first(*), then deleted it and installed the Akai version, but I don't think there was any difference except possibly that the akai download version had a newer iLok installation included.

So if you have it activated on your ilok account it will probably work fine just installing the trial version and it'll unlock automatically.

* At first my order didn't send me an unlock code, and InMusic/Akai's support told me to install the trial to play with it until the code turned up (about a day and a bit later).

It's activated on my Generation 2 iLok.

All links in my emails are dead.

Tried getting trial version from SONiVOX today. The system said it was sending out a link but nothing has arrived yet.

I purchased on 23 Feb 2021

I assume you bought it via fastspring as part of the akai sales then, if so you can go to fastspring and click on 'my account' and it'll ask you for your email address you ordered from, then send a one-time link for accessing the account, the download links should be in there. I just checked (because I realised I hadn't grabbed the mac version installer when i bought it) and the download links were still active from there

Oh, good idea. The link didn't arrive from SONiVOX, so that will be my next move. Thanks! :)

Not making any progress. Going to leave it for now.

Later that same day ...

Customer discovered that PluginBoutique have a SONiVOX Single Products Installer download page.

http://support.pluginboutique.com/hc/en ... Installers

Result: Same deal as before. Stand-alone crashes after a second or two. Not going to bother trying the plugin version again.

I just set up my MacBook Pro running Mojave with Logic Pro X 10.5.1 and Scrotum runs fine. I now remember at one point I changed the AAX plugin properties for Stratum from read only and it actually came back up in Pro Tools under Win 10 properly one time after I did that but once only then no more. Windows or Pro Tools resets the plugin's properties back to read only after I change it. SMH!

sugarnutz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:20 am I just set up my MacBook Pro running Mojave with Logic Pro X 10.5.1 and Scrotum runs fine.
:hihi:

the_Simian wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 pm @mcbpete are you saying you got Stratum working in your DAW with their current build on Windows? What is your DAW, just curious? IT would be interesting if it works in some and not others. I'm currently running the latest version of Ableton 10.
Sorry, only just seen this - Yeah it's working on the current builds of Reaper (6.27) and Ableton 11 (11.0.2) absolutely fine here on my Win10 machine

Where did you put your License? iLok (what version?) cloud or computer?

I have the license on a hardware key (v3)

I'm using iLok 2 and having problems (see above if interested).

There was a windows update and this later started working. Maybe it was a bad windows version that was conflicting with the plugin. Nontheless, it does work now, and it has some good sounds. I even used it in a track. Its not the best synth ever, but its not the worst either. I feel like I got 10 bucks worth

Where did you download the update from? I just tried the pluginboutique download link and experienced the same crash as before.

Return to “Instruments”