DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

I didn't see anything about this one until today. Hopefully there isn't a thread discussing it already.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/dms-as ... di-samples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkm0z1s_akI

Not only isn't there a thread but it's hardly even been mentioned. It was brought up briefly in the "what's do you want to see" thread. I mentioned that nothing new's come out this year and one person pointed me to this synth. I checked it out and decided I don't need another EDM synth.

Crazy price for what looks very basic.

simmo75 wrote:Crazy price for what looks very basic.
I was thinking you can get Electra2 for $149, or maybe (a few I thought of just now) Rapid, Zebra, or Avenger for close to the price they want for it.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looks ok, nice and simple, user friendly, but i dont really see why anyone would want it today. 10 years ago maybe...

Not sure if i'd call 4 oscillators, 6 envelopes, a mod matrix, waveform import and wave editor, a fully featured fx section, and 10.5 GB sound library "simple"... at the very least, i see it up there with other synths which have the same specs. And Hive and Sylenth1 do offer a lot less for the same, or a higher price respectively.

chk071 wrote:
Not sure if i'd call 4 oscillators, 6 envelopes, a mod matrix, waveform import and wave editor, a fully featured fx section, and 10.5 GB sound library "simple"... at the very least, i see it up there with other synths which have the same specs. And Hive and Sylenth1 do offer a lot less for the same, or a higher price respectively.
It does have a lot of sample content. I haven't downloaded the demo yet, but I've heard some demo tracks. I guess the best thing is to do is just demo it and see how it sounds and the way it works.

chk071 wrote:
Also Sylenth1 is approximately $166 and Hive is $149. Ascension retails for around $201 on their own website.

I can't see how to download a demo version... (?)

Has anybody tried the demo?
It looks like an EDM monster... :help:

simmo75 wrote:Has anybody tried the demo?
It looks like an EDM monster... :help:
I can't figure out how to get the demo version.

If you click the "Download Demo" button on their website nothing seems to happen...can't download anything.
https://www.dancemidisamples.com/dms-as ... er-plugin/

You have to select download demo, then add the free demo to your cart. i.e. you'll need to set up an account to get the demo.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Was going to demo it but can't find a way to do it. Clicking the Download Demo button just makes the button disappear and a sound example starts playing.
db3 just explained above how to do it
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Doesn’t hold a candle to any synths in the $200 price range that I can think of. I guess what you are paying for is the ROMpler portion along with MIDI patterns .. but even Avengers sample content and sequences are quite good notwithstanding the fact the rest of the synth is light years ahead.

Return to “Instruments”