Best Low Price V.A. Soft Synth

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 am

philsynth wrote:
I guess I didn't understand magware. I thought I could only download those synths from the monthly issue? Or are they still available? I haven't found them on google. I'm not familiar with magware.
There are magazines you buy an issue and then you have an access for the software that supplied with this magazine (usually a cut down versions of the full software, but still great ones).

In case of Computer Music magazine, you can buy a digital issue here: www.zinio.com (search for Computer Music) and when you read the magazine, you will find in the first pages instructions of how you download the software. Currently I can't access the website, but I hope by tomorrow they will fix it (it is very very slow now!). I bought the July issue mainly for ThornCM.

The software content are a lot really (many GBs!). Synths, effects, samples and tutorials etc. I suggest you first have this as a middle place between freeware and commercial.
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

Stefken
KVRian
555 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: Best Low Price V.A. Soft Synth

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 am

philsynth wrote: [Edit] So it says I download the latest computer magazine issue then I'm able to download all the previous CM synths from the vault?
Yes, you can download all synths AND effects from the vault when you buy just one mag.

As I understand it, there are sometimes vst's that are only featured in the specific download of a specific issue of the mag, so you won't be able to get these unless you also buy that issue.

But Bazille CM, Dune CM, Stix CM, ... are all in the vault.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
22996 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:51 am

Poly-Ana is up there with the best sounding VA's imho, and its on sale ...

www.admiralquality.com

philsynth
KVRer
29 posts since 16 May, 2018

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:01 am

Stefken wrote: Yes, you can download all synths AND effects from the vault when you buy just one mag.
Ah, ok I understand. Sorry, I thought I had to buy the issue the month the synth was released, and couldn't when the month was over. Wow, that's a good deal. 7 dollars... Thanks!
EnGee wrote: I suggest you first have this as a middle place between freeware and commercial.
Exactly, thanks!

Plus, even though the CM versions will have less features, the quality is probably the same as the full versions, and the full versions have free trials. I'm demoing Bazille atm. :tu:

chk071
KVRAF
17016 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 am

philsynth wrote:
Stefken wrote: Yes, you can download all synths AND effects from the vault when you buy just one mag.
Ah, ok I understand. Sorry, I thought I had to buy the issue the month the synth was released, and couldn't when the month was over. Wow, that's a good deal. 7 dollars... Thanks!
Rarely, there is indeed a plugin which is offered one time, and there's a limited amount of serials available. As has happened to Cakewalk z3ta. The plugins with CM in the name are meant to last though (they are part of the "CM studio plugins"). Unless they get removed for a reason, as has happened to very few 32-bit only plugins.

philsynth
KVRer

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:29 am

Cool, cool. I've been working with Bazille and I still prefer element 2, it's only 20 dollars more and the quality is worth it imo... however I'll work with Bazille tomorrow and see whether I'm able to make it sound better. Plus there's like 50 other synths bundled with the mag so I'll see whats up with the other ones mentioned. Plus I still have all the previous synths to try, I saw a moog emulation, and some other good ones. Wish I could try the Korgs, the demo songs sound really good. I'd probably purchase the polysix or the mono/poly honestly, however won't because there's no free trial. Thanks again for all the suggestions! It's overwhelming how many synths there are and I'm excited to try them all.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12006 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:Poly-Ana is up there with the best sounding VA's imho, and its on sale ...

http://www.admiralquality.com
Is it ever not on sale? :hihi:

In my view Element 2 has a rather particular sound, either one loves it or one hates it.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10513 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 am

Given what you are already using, I'd save for a copy of Repro, which can often be had in the 2nd-hand section of this forum.

philsynth
KVRer

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 am

fluffy_little_something wrote: In my view Element 2 has a rather particular sound, either ones loves it or one hates it.
Interesting. My favorite actual synths sounds are mostly Moogs and Korgs - two really different sounds. I'm not really a fan of the Rolands. What I like about Element is the tight percussive analogue sound quality of it's filter, something I haven't heard in any free synth, however I haven't tried enough paid/CM synths yet to say whether they're capable of it. I bet many of them probably are. The Korg polysix demo song has the same quality actually. I guess it's just a specific clean tight filter sound i like. And i wouldn't say Element does it perfectly, or I would have already purchased it. It just does it the best yet, however I have many more to try.
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Given what you are already using, I'd save for a copy of Repro, which can often be had in the 2nd-hand section of this forum.
Yea, I tried the free version of Repro when they where developing it. It's one of those next level synths I was considering. I might save up and see whether I could get a good deal somewhere.

Lotuzia
KVRAF
9694 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 am

Was going to suggest TAL U-No -lx but as you don't seem to enjoy Roland emus that much, I'd suggest, besides the Xils 3 LE the Xils-Lab PolyKB Player:

'The PolyKB II Player is much more than a simple player. It's also a fully featured real synth.

It gives you the liberty to fully customize 8 parameters you can select in a big list: Adsr values, Filter Cut Off and resonance, etc -See the complete list of parameters in the Features page -

But there's more : These parameters can also receive full automation via midi Cc. Its rather rare to have to automate more than 8 controls in real time for a preset, in addition of all the real times controls already contained in the preset and made available by our Sound Designers ( Ie the original Mod Wheel, After Touch, Velocity, LFO and envelope modulation assignations )

The PolyKB II Player also comes with the same acclaimed 250 hi quality preset library than its big brother.

Its also fully compatible with our Analog Bags 1 & 2 Add On soundbanks, as well as with some 3rd party soundsets, so you can extend the original library at a very affordable price. All your custom patches are also saved via your host, and projects using custom patches are saved with all your edits.

The PolyKB II Player is protected with a serial number, no USB dongle required !'

Also, you'll be able to upgrade to full version when you'll have more money for a fair price. One of the warmest and deep VAs, and only 39€ !

To listen to the sound of Poly KB II (identical sound engine) you can visit this page : Analog Ville for PolyKB II & 3
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

philsynth
KVRer

Post Wed May 16, 2018 7:26 am

Lotuzia wrote: I'd suggest, besides the Xils 3 LE the Xils-Lab PolyKB Player
Cool, thanks! I actually thought Xils 3 LE had amazing sound quality and it's what I chose to demo previously (I actually felt emotion when I was listening to the demo songs lol). I just haven't gotten a chance to really work with it because it took some time to figure out the matrix. Though most analogue synths claim "warmth", I agree, I definitely noticed the warmth of Xils' oscillators. I'm not much of a preset based synth person, however the demo of PolyKB sounds good and it seems to have versatility so I'll give it a look too. Much appreciated!

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10513 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Wed May 16, 2018 7:33 am

philsynth wrote:Yea, I tried the free version of Repro when they where developing it. It's one of those next level synths I was considering. I might save up and see whether I could get a good deal somewhere.
Maybe worth downloading the current demo as a yardstick with which to measure the others you are interested in. It really is next-level :tu:

philsynth
KVRer

Post Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Maybe worth downloading the current demo as a yardstick with which to measure the others you are interested in. It really is next-level :tu:
Dude, good idea. I could even try Arturia synths too.

rod_zero
KVRAF
2875 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Post Wed May 16, 2018 8:01 am

Around that price if I wanted phat analog sounds I would go for u.he ACE without a second thought, it is not only a great V.A. it is also modular so it can get to places many others can't.
dedication to flying

Stefken
KVRian
555 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 am

philsynth wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Maybe worth downloading the current demo as a yardstick with which to measure the others you are interested in. It really is next-level :tu:
Dude, good idea. I could even try Arturia synths too.
SEM V is probably your best bet but pricewise Arturia is only interesting when bought in a package deal.

Return to “Instruments”