Biotek 2 Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BioTek 2

brewt wrote:So, uh, microtuning?
I didn't see any mention of it in the manual.

I think you mean the tuning to certain scales or am I wrong? I think that isn't possible. I don't need it cause I am playing everything freely as a piano player, but I will look for that option for you.

Didn't find it. Think it's not featured.

You can reach the download content page via the settings sign to the upper right or via directly clicking the Biotek logo. Have joy. :)

Is there no preset browser for this thing? I can't find one.

There is one. it's the folder icon.

But first you need the download content. Than the presets are there. Maybe you have to show Biotek where the content is stored but I did not have to do that.

nichttuntun wrote:There is one. it's the folder icon.

But first you need the download content. Than the presets are there. Maybe you have to show Biotek where the content is stored but I did not have to do that.
I downloaded and installed the content but when I launched Biotek 2 the first time, there were two lines. I don't remember what they said and I can't get them to appear again upon shutting down and reloading but one of them, the 2nd line, alluded to my not having installed the content. I know I did so I hit ignore and went to the next screen.

By the folder I assume you mean the thing next to the + and - keys on the left. When I hit that, all it does is add another oscillator. So it seems to be connected to the + key.

I did check the paths listed. They are the exact paths where the content was stored. Now, the samples show up when I go to OSC and choose sample. They're there. But no presets are showing up other than the default one that loads when you load Biotek 2.

So I am totally stumped.

wagtunes wrote:Is there no preset browser for this thing? I can't find one.
There are two demo modes. It's been a while but the one you get when just starting out has no working browser and injects a (too loud) noise every 30 seconds. The other you need to activate from the same window used to enter a serial code. This unlocks all the functions for 30 days, including the browser.

I missed this the first couple of times I used it.

Gamma-UT wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Is there no preset browser for this thing? I can't find one.
There are two demo modes. It's been a while but the one you get when just starting out has no working browser and injects a (too loud) noise every 30 seconds. The other you need to activate from the same window used to enter a serial code. This unlocks all the functions for 30 days, including the browser.

I missed this the first couple of times I used it.
Yes, I did that. I had to enter my email and my password and it unlocked the demo and it says I have 30 days. There is no longer a hiss. But I have one preset, the default, and that's it and no way to load any others.

Thinking this was because I have an older version of Cubase (7.0.7) I tried in another DAW, MuLab. Same problem.

Can somebody please upload a screen print pointing to where this browser folder is.

Okay, I think I know what the problem is. Somebody please confirm this for me.

After you enter your email and password to start the demo, the "unlock" at the top should disappear, correct? Please check to see if "unlock" no longer shows on your demo. It still shows on mine, even after reloading the plugin.

If that's the problem then it's the same problem I had with Biotek 1. It won't completely authorize the demo. I know this because it tells me it's still running in restricted mode. I can try offline but that didn't work last time either. They had to do something on their end to get this working.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I think I know what the problem is. Somebody please confirm this for me.

After you enter your email and password to start the demo, the "unlock" at the top should disappear, correct? Please check to see if "unlock" no longer shows on your demo. It still shows on mine, even after reloading the plugin.

If that's the problem then it's the same problem I had with Biotek 1. It won't completely authorize the demo. I know this because it tells me it's still running in restricted mode. I can try offline but that didn't work last time either. They had to do something on their end to get this working.
So, I meant the folder icon right to the Biotek2 logo, direct near to the 2.0.7 version number. This is the preset browser. Maybe try to re-load after entering your email and password.

The "unlock" disappears after entering your email and PW.

I just installed the content (I remeber now, that it is an installer and you don´t have to manually show BioTek where the files are) and then everything was there. But I never run the demo, I bought it right away.
I had to unlock it twice too. Don´t know why but it works since then and it was no big deal at all. Good luck.

nichttuntun wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I think I know what the problem is. Somebody please confirm this for me.

So, I meant the folder icon right to the Biotek2 logo, direct near to the 2.0.7 version number. This is the preset browser. Maybe try to re-load after entering your email and password.

The "unlock" disappears after entering your email and PW.

I just installed the content (I remeber now, that it is an installer and you don´t have to manually show BioTek where the files are) and then everything was there. But I never run the demo, I bought it right away.
I had to unlock it twice too. Don´t know why but it works since then and it was no big deal at all. Good luck.
Yeah, doesn't work. Same problem as last time. Brian had to unlock it for me and I don't remember what he did. I emailed him. If he doesn't get back to me before the sale ends I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy it and hope. Biotek 1 worked so this should work.

I hope.

Have always supported Tracktion, right from the beginning. However I shall let this upgrade pass for now. I feel that update pricing is a little too deep! However, they had given out some great freebies in the past. Good for them!

Gamma-UT wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:It´s totally worth it. You didn´t mention the killer modulation matrix that came with version 2.
Probably because it's the same as in version 1. Maybe you'd like to point out some differences if you think you found some.
It seems not so:

New In Version 2

Spinal Saw Oscillator Type with up to 11 sawtooth oscillators in one, with FM and in-oscillator sync
Granular Sample Oscillator Type, with FM
Transistor Ladder Filter Type with 6, 12, 18 and 24 dB lowpass characteristic and resonance up to self-oscillation for all slopes
Sallen-Key Filter Type with 12 dB lowpass characteristic

Automation of all parameters (some hosts might be limited to first sound layer)
Dedicated browser page with filters for author, category, style and timbre and full-text search
Assign Source Info Menus showing where a modulation source is assigned to
500+ factory patches

4 virtual analog/sample playback oscillators
4 operator FM synthesis (can use samples)
Sync, Ring Mod, PWM, waveshaping
2 multimode filters in series with distortion and EQ

Filter Types: 4-pole & 2-pole LP, BP, HP, BS (Notch) 1-pole LP, HP Comb (Tuned Delay for Karplus Strong) Redux (SR, Bit Reducer)

200 modulation routes, 32 modifier routes (performing mathematical functions on the modulation sources), assignable GUI macro controls

8 Flow LFOs (each with 8 individual parallel syncable sub LFOs)
4 effects in series

Effects Types: Reverb Delay Compressor/Limiter Distortion Chorus Flanger Phaser Redux

4 envelopes (can be up to 32 stages with looping sustain and release sections, curvatures for each stage)
Sample import (Osc), MID file import (Arp)

wagtunes wrote: I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy it and hope. Biotek 1 worked so this should work. I hope.
Biotek 2 works, with all presets, in Linux. Will more than certainly work elsewhere also. If you liked Biotek 1, then there's no show stopper.

NVM. Fixed it.

Return to “Instruments”