Rack Extensions on Sale! What did you purchase?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a huge sale on RE in Propellerhead's shop now:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/deals/

I purchased FM4 for $25 and I'm very tempted to purchase Parsec2.

Anyway there are great racks out there and bundles. I thought also of Synapse RE collection which has The Legend, Antidote and interesting reverbs and other effects (I'm especially interested in the effects like Fat Space and GQ-7 as I already have The Legend and Dune 2, but still Antidote has much better interface!).

I'm thinking about picking up Euclidean Rhythms, seems like it could be fun.

Don't buy any rack extensions in 2018, Propellerheads have done nothing in regarding to the scaling of the rack, if you keep buying rack extensions then Propellerheads will never do anything to fix the rack scale issues. Buy some VST's instead that can scale to higher resolutions and also you gain the benefit of using them in other daws.

Native Instruments will be having half price sales soon with their products, even Reaktor 6 will be on sale...
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon May 21, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Fritz maybe

When does the sale end?

End of May I think.

Thanks

You are welcome :)

Antidote is really eating my mind! I can't resist anymore!

I thought to save money because I already have Dune 2. One problem (or two) with Dune 2 is the interface is not inviting to make my own presets as Antidote and another reason is that all Reason's racks respond to patch change in my P4 controller (in general, Reason has a great integration with Nektar P4/P6).

Parsec 2 is also very tempting, so I might end buying the two and shut up :hihi:

I'm very glad that I got Antidote. My trial is expired since last year when I had Reason 8, so I couldn't remember how it is really. The videos on the web are pretty old as well.

Anyway, there are few wavetables, but they are ok for me as it is not the reason I purchased Antidote. The sound and GUI design are really great. I might spent on just another synth, but actually I have canceled now upgrading my monitor! It is because Antidote is really perfect on the eyes! (1080p).

The sound and presets are really great! I like a lot the filter Sallen-Key as it is different from the traditional Ladder one. It will sit between the analogish ones (like The Legend) and the digital ones (Europa/FM4/PX7/Grain in my case). I think that's it for me, FM4 and Antidote this sale :)
Antidote.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

THE INTRANCER wrote:Don't buy any rack extensions in 2018, Propellerheads have done nothing in regarding to the scaling of the rack, if you keep buying rack extensions then Propellerheads will never do anything to fix the rack scale issues. Buy some VST's instead that can scale to higher resolutions and also you gain the benefit of using them in other daws.

Native Instruments will be having half price sales soon with their products, even Reaktor 6 will be on sale...
When do you expect this to start, I really want to snag Reaktor.

What about VK-2 synth?
Any impressions?

I got Euclidean Rhythms, Korde, Propulsion and Chord Detector.

I just bought Reason 9.5 in the marketplace, was debating whether to save my pennies for the upgrade to 10 or buy a couple of rack extensions instead. Any suggestions for a RE newbie?

lotus2035 wrote:I just bought Reason 9.5 in the marketplace, was debating whether to save my pennies for the upgrade to 10 or buy a couple of rack extensions instead. Any suggestions for a RE newbie?
Always check the compatibility with your version before you buy any RE.

The must own IMO is the new drum sequencer but it's only for 10.1 which has a new SDK. This is free currently for version 10 owners. The new midi players are also for version 10.1 I think.

Anyway, there are great synths (on par with the good VST ones) like The Legend, Antidote, VK-2, Expanse, Parsec 2, etc.

IMO, use the VST support till you upgrade to version 10.1 because the synths that come with version 10 (Europa and Grain) are in another level from Thor and other old synths and definitely worth it. That besides the very interesting new midi players.

If you have a license for The Legend (VST), you can email SYnapse Audio support and ask for free Rack Extension version :)

ReSpire is on sale ATM. And, Synapse Antidote is also on sale frequently. I think (not know) both are compatible with Reason 9.5.

Return to “Instruments”