KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
chk071
KVRAF
17037 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:15 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
recursive one wrote:
chk071 wrote:TBH, i'm even quite convinced that it won't be the successor to Massive. Rather wishful thinking IMO.
While I'm quite convinced that everyone hopes for a nex gen wavetable super synth which would take the best of Massive, Serum, Virus TI etc, I'm also quite convinced that it's going to be yet another boring and uninspiring thing, either some sample library or yet another Reaktor thingie which nobody except for Tim Exile is ever going to use.
There ar some good reasons to think the contrary to both of these guesses. Personally I just can’t believe that after already having both a realtor drum machine called massive as well as a synth called massive, that they would actually name yet another unrelated product “massive” something. On the second point, I also assumed it would some mildly interesting reactor thingie, but then I noticed that massive x not only has its own license, but also a massive x factory library. Only their big platform products have this like maschine, reaktor and kontakt. So that made me think it would be it’s own thing. Maybe?
I'd be all for it. I just can't imagine it, after such a long time, and after the direction NI took with their products. We'll see.

That's why i said that leaks suck. :lol: Too much speculation, too little real info...

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6152 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:08 am

I have to say that this particular leak has been fun. We get to see each new product grandually released, for which we already knew the names.

I’m prepared to be underwhelmed with Massive X. The K12 upgrade already looks pretty good.

Another reason I think it would make a lot of sense for them to release a stand-alone synth is that they can fit it into the komplete kontrol Maschine type workflow. I’ve been saying forever that they should make a new flagship synth that is fully controllable from hardware like Maschine. With this factory library license I am choosing to be optimistic. On the other hand I sort of feel like that would actually be too much new stuff it’s k12.

The only annoying thing is 4 damn threads about the same thing. I’m sticking with this one, the original!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
29655 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:40 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I’ve been saying forever that they should make a new flagship synth that is fully controllable from hardware like Maschine.
Komplete Kontrol is better for synths, Maschine is still too limited by its beat based music focus. It can't even fully support the current Massive.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:44 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I’ve been saying forever that they should make a new flagship synth that is fully controllable from hardware like Maschine.
Komplete Kontrol is better for synths, Maschine is still too limited by its beat based music focus. It can't even fully support the current Massive.
Neither can komplete kontrol. They are the same in terms of layout. But massive and the other synths were made before their hardware. Perhaps they could make a synth that was made to fit around the Maschine/kk functionality (pages of 8 etc.). But, to counter my own point, 8 knobs just isn’t a practical layout for synth sound design.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

aMUSEd
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Neither can komplete kontrol. They are the same in terms of layout. But massive and the other synths were made before their hardware. Perhaps they could make a synth that was made to fit around the Maschine/kk functionality (pages of 8 etc.). But, to counter my own point, 8 knobs just isn’t a practical layout for synth sound design.
Actually Massive was made to fit with Kore, so from the start it was meant to support the 8 knob paradigm, these are meant to work with the macros, deeper editing in Massive has always been more mouse driven due to the graphical envelopes (same with Absynth) . The problem with Maschine though is you can't even play Massive as it's meant to be played because Massive uses aftertouch lot as a modulator and Maschine doesn't support that. So Massive is crippled in Maschine.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:15 am

Fair enough but this is all completely beside the point of what I was getting at, which is fitting a synth to work with komplete kontrol the Maschine lets you go mouseless, without looking at the screen. However I think I’ve convinced myself out of that possibility anyways.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2210 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:45 am

Massive appearance of Massive threads...
Where will all this end?
A massive black hole to engulf all other threads?!? :borg:

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
9971 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:47 am

martinjuenke wrote:Massive appearance of Massive threads...
Where will all this end?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp3_a-PMTw
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

mickbenjamins
KVRist
54 posts since 22 Mar, 2017 from Berlin, Germany

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:59 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Massive appearance of Massive threads...
Where will all this end?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp3_a-PMTw
Still like that track after all those years

Phorous
KVRian
836 posts since 28 Apr, 2014 from Texas

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:23 am

Anyone tried the new Massive expansions? https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... m-massive/

The techno and bass ones look interesting enough.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

mholloway
KVRian
956 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:41 am

Phorous wrote:Anyone tried the new Massive expansions? https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... m-massive/

The techno and bass ones look interesting enough.

If you read the fine print they are old patches collected from the various Maschine expansions (many Maschine expansions also include Massive presets).

Maybe that won't bother you, but there's no denying it's just another case of Re-package / Re-sell.....nothing new here.
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

jsp1979
KVRAF
2856 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 am

mholloway wrote:
Maybe that won't bother you, but there's no denying it's just another case of Re-package / Re-sell.....nothing new here.
Only one of the expansions (Spectrum Quake) says it contains previously released presets. The others are apparently new.

But don't let that get in the way of a good story.

mholloway
KVRian
956 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 am

jsp1979 wrote:
mholloway wrote:
Only one of the expansions (Spectrum Quake) says it contains previously released presets. The others are apparently new.

But don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Ah, when I read that about Spectrum Quake I assumed it was true for the other two as well, I didn't bother to check. Thanks for the correction.
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

jancivil
KVRAF
15366 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 am

aMUSEd wrote:
I watched a demo of it yesterday, KK [now?] fully reveals all of Massive for control. It was probably at Sweetwater, the video.

aMUSEd
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:33 pm

You've been able to go deeper with Massive in KK as long as I can remember, via multiple levels of control pages (which of course is a bit of a pain to dive through but this is the case with any 8 knob system) - as long as you load one of the NI converted factory presets. That's the catch, the problem is, unlike third party plugins with assigned templates, as soon as you load a patch that has not been setup that way it only exposes the macro page in an organised fashion, the rest do show params but just in their default automation number based order, which makes them really hard to use meaningfully. This is a paradoxical and frankly ridiculous limitation of KK loading Massive patches natively and has never really been addressed, some other NI instruments also have this problem.

Return to “Instruments”