Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

2395 posts since 25 Jan, 2007
...it's possible, but the longest gap there's ever been between Kompletes is 2 years - that lands us at September.

Everything else from that leak is out now except for a couple of effects, Middle East, Massive X and Kontakt 6. It feels as much stuff as their previous releases - in Ultimate it's 8 new instruments, 5 new effects and 20 expansions (vs K10's 11 new instruments, 2 new effects and 0 expansions). My guess is their need to get some income in September would outweigh their need to wait for Kontakt 6 to be ready. If - say - Kontakt 6 came out in Jan, NI wouldn't lose any money at all, but they'd keep their cashflow up and may get a 2nd wave of interest on its release.

Massive X is totally unknown at this point, so we're all guessing. I think for a lot of people its nature will depend on whether or not people go for it. If it is some huge new belated answer to Omnisphere then that's one thing, if it's a Kontakt instrument with some sampled presets quite another. Personally I think the former is more likely, but hey - who knows.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
ATS
KVRAF

5679 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA
chk071 wrote:
Chapelle wrote:http://www.kvraudio.com/news/native_ins ... ete_4_6052

These prices back then. Massive for $339 / €299. :o

Yep. That's some steep prices.

BTW. Calling your product "Product X" seems quite hip these days. So, i guess it has no reason but the hip factor. The usual.

actually nowadays calling someone a hipster in a big insult, so hip is not as hip as u think :)
chk071
KVRAF

16819 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany
Well... hipsters are not aware that they do everything to be hip. :D
TaylorSN
KVRer

9 posts since 5 Aug, 2017
I wonder if new library will come with Kontakt 6.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

6121 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:00 am Re: KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

I’m still quite confused about the fact that Massive X and the Massive X Library are two different licenses. I can’t think of another product that is licensed this way in komplete, unless it is its own plugin. Like kontakt and the kontakt factory library or Maschine and the Maschine Factory library. Right?

Could this mean Massive X might actually be its own plugin and not a Reaktor ensemble or kontakt thing? Unless it’s a Reaktor ensemble and then there is also a Maschine/Battery/kontakt library derived from it or something. They have done that kind of thing before.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
chk071
KVRAF

Is there already a release date for K 12? NI just launched a sale on Komplete, and, i doubt that they'd do that in the grace period, so, it's probably some time until they actually release K 12, right?
TaylorSN
KVRer

9 posts since 5 Aug, 2017
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I’m still quite confused about the fact that Massive X and the Massive X Library are two different licenses. I can’t think of another product that is licensed this way in komplete, unless it is its own plugin. Like kontakt and the kontakt factory library or Maschine and the Maschine Factory library. Right?

Could this mean Massive X might actually be its own plugin and not a Reaktor ensemble or kontakt thing? Unless it’s a Reaktor ensemble and then there is also a Maschine/Battery/kontakt library derived from it or something. They have done that kind of thing before.

That is rather wishful thinking, but Massive X could resemble Logic’s Alchemy or UVI Falcon both of which feature a sample-based synthesis engines. In this scenario additional libraries might contain actual wavs, not just patches.
SLiC
KVRAF

2713 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales
chk071 wrote:Is there already a release date for K 12? NI just launched a sale on Komplete, and, i doubt that they'd do that in the grace period, so, it's probably some time until they actually release K 12, right?

Yes, I am pretty sure no one that buys Komplete 11 now will get the Komplete 12 update free....I think it will launch Set/Oct
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
chk071
KVRAF

Yeah, that seems more likely. :)
Tj Shredder
KVRian

1034 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space
There is only a sale on the updates, the full version has full price!
That tells a lot...
SLiC
KVRAF

2713 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales
Yeh but they would be accused of screwing people if they did half price updates to 11 and then immediately followed that with an update to 12....you get no credit with NI for having the 'almost' new version- update from 8 or 11 it will be the same cost to 12....

They could of course pout Kontakt 6 or anything else before the Komplete update, I seem to remember Reaktor 6 came out in-between Komplets…..
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
fmr
KVRAF

7453 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal
SLiC wrote: They could, of course, pout Kontakt 6 or anything else before the Komplete update, I seem to remember Reaktor 6 came out in-between Kompletes…..

You remember right.
Fernando (FMR)
lelderkin
KVRer

13 posts since 27 Mar, 2018
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I’m still quite confused about the fact that Massive X and the Massive X Library are two different licenses. I can’t think of another product that is licensed this way in komplete, unless it is its own plugin. Like kontakt and the kontakt factory library or Maschine and the Maschine Factory library. Right?

Right... also Reaktor + Reaktor Factory Library and Battery + Battery Factory Library.
v1o
KVRian

1075 posts since 1 Oct, 2004
lelderkin wrote:

Right... also Reaktor + Reaktor Factory Library and Battery + Battery Factory Library.

I’m guessing it’s going to ship with a massive library of wavetables. Gigs worth of them.

Unlike others here I don’t think Massive X is going after Omnishpere. There’s already Absynth for that.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2
dreamkeeper
KVRian

824 posts since 23 Jan, 2006, from Universe #5346198720
v1o wrote:Unlike others here I don’t think Massive X is going after Omnishpere. There’s already Absynth for that.

Absynth and Omnisphere have as much in common as a F1 race car and a Rolls Royce...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments