KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2429 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 am

mickbenjamins wrote:These arent Expansion, but with Maschine you always got their Factory Library, which is a 8GB library with samples. With Mikro MK3 you get a selection of that library, hence the name
Thanks - so in that sense a 2nd hand Mk 2 could be a better buy. Mk3 looks a bit slicker, but I don't really see any enhanced features except the glide strip.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Gribs
KVRian
856 posts since 9 Feb, 2007 from San Ramon, California

Re: KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Yowza, the upgrade price for Ultimate is $399.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

midi_transmission
KVRist
206 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:46 pm

noiseboyuk wrote:
mickbenjamins wrote:These arent Expansion, but with Maschine you always got their Factory Library, which is a 8GB library with samples. With Mikro MK3 you get a selection of that library, hence the name
Thanks - so in that sense a 2nd hand Mk 2 could be a better buy. Mk3 looks a bit slicker, but I don't really see any enhanced features except the glide strip.

But the glide strip is the thing. Afaik you can't control FX otherwise on the Micro, right? So the new thing with MK3 with the strip is that you can control one parameter at least??? (not absolute sure)

Klinke1
KVRian
605 posts since 19 Feb, 2011

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Gribs wrote:Yowza, the upgrade price for Ultimate is $399.
There will be a 50% sale next year june/july. Just..ehrm ..wait.
- WonderEcho -

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2355 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:59 pm

Klinke1 wrote:
Gribs wrote:Yowza, the upgrade price for Ultimate is $399.
There will be a 50% sale next year june/july. Just..ehrm ..wait.
Yes, I‘ll do... :tu:

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Kevin63101
KVRist
309 posts since 30 Apr, 2008 from St Louis, MO

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 pm

Have they listed OS compatibility requirements for K12 and specifically Kontakt 6?

My machine is Win 7 home. Planning on keeping it that way due to legacy software.

GoldieK
KVRist
57 posts since 30 Jul, 2016

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Kevin63101 wrote:Have they listed OS compatibility requirements for K12 and specifically Kontakt 6?

My machine is Win 7 home. Planning on keeping it that way due to legacy software.
Right there with you, I still use 64Bit Win 7 Pro. Far as I can tell from the posted specs, they are still supporting WIndows 7. The operating system that just keeps going and going and...

dZamora
KVRer
6 posts since 15 Mar, 2017

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 pm

This comes from Sweetwater, a reputable reseller/distributor, about Massive X:
Massive X
NI’s flagship wavetable synth heads in a radical new direction with Massive X, with more sounds and more delicious presets to stoke your analog and digital appetites. Massive X looks to be not just one of the best virtual synths on the market, but one of the best synths, hardware or software, of its time. Highlights include:

Hands-on modular architecture — drag and drop to route oscillators into one another, create feedback loops, etc.
Single-page interface, complete with insert FX
2 wavetable oscillators with hundreds of presets
10 waveshaping modes to affect how wavetables are scanned through
5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Onboard Monark filter — the best-sounding filter NI makes — plus filters inspired by synth giants
6-voice unison creates striking effects
New, sweeter chorus sound
Dimension Expander is better than ever
Better CPU efficiency — no need to Eco Mode

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6172 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:37 am

dZamora wrote:This comes from Sweetwater, a reputable reseller/distributor, about Massive X:
Massive X
NI’s flagship wavetable synth heads in a radical new direction with Massive X, with more sounds and more delicious presets to stoke your analog and digital appetites. Massive X looks to be not just one of the best virtual synths on the market, but one of the best synths, hardware or software, of its time. Highlights include:

Hands-on modular architecture — drag and drop to route oscillators into one another, create feedback loops, etc.
5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Onboard Monark filter — the best-sounding filter NI makes — plus filters inspired by synth giants
I’m surprised if it only has 2 oscillators. The line about dragging and dropping to route oscillators into one another would also be strange if there were only 2. And in the image the osc area was titled dual wave tab osc. So then I wonder if there are two dual osc, for a total of 4, or what?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

HcDoom
KVRian
857 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:45 am

Yes, weird they went for 2 oscs only? :/

Kevin63101
KVRist
309 posts since 30 Apr, 2008 from St Louis, MO

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 pm

GoldieK wrote:
Kevin63101 wrote:Have they listed OS compatibility requirements for K12 and specifically Kontakt 6?

Right there with you, I still use 64Bit Win 7 Pro. Far as I can tell from the posted specs, they are still supporting WIndows 7. The operating system that just keeps going and going and...
Komplete 12
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

macOS 10.12 or 10.13 (latest update)

Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64-bit, latest Service Pack)

Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended), Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher10 GB free disk space (170 GB for complete installation)Supports ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPIRuns in 64-bit VST, AU, AAX hosts.

SLiC
KVRAF
2842 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:23 pm

dZamora wrote:This comes from Sweetwater, a reputable reseller/distributor, about Massive X:
Massive X

5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Doesn’t seem that different to most wavetable synths, Serum does most of this!
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6172 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:26 am

And only one filter? There was just one in the screenshot, which makes me think there’s more to be seen because I doubt they would go down to just one filter rather than the two that massive has.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

dangayle
KVRian
789 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Post Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:22 am

I think it’s just a wavetable synth that they’ve decided to call Massive, despite being entirely unrelated. And I bet I’m right that it is a Reaktor synth with a standalone shell, despite people getting on me and saying it’s not.

rod_zero
KVRAF
2910 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Post Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:52 am

it amazes me people assume this synth is Reaktor based just because the GUI looks like.

As if the company couldn't use the same GUI assets/style in various products.
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”