KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

It's out for those who preordered! Downloading stuff now :hyper: One thing I noticed though - did anybody who didn't have it previously get Supercharger GT? It says it's included in the regular bundle, but it's not showing in Native Access for me.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:02 am You're also not a new kid on the block easily swayed by shiny GUIs and "this monitor has more pixels than my retina has receptors to discern those pixels with". :P
I'm not about to change my gaming monitor so company's don't have to enlarge their guis. My 2K monitor looks way better than my old 1080p. I seen you in past saying stuff about people not needing higher end monitors. There is a reason everything is moving to 2k and 4k and just because you don't like it doesn't make it not so.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

2K is still fine, but 4K/8K is insanity that doesn't make any sense.

^If you were using any software but NI plugins, you would know that 4K makes perfect sense. It's ridiculous to see local tech guru denying technical advancements :D

If Ableton didn't add automatic plugin scaling, I'd not even consider buying NI.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:33 am 2K is still fine, but 4K/8K is insanity that doesn't make any sense.
well, I did some searching and came up with this article saying many can see the difference on a 4k monitor. It seemed to make sense to me.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1113-4 ... ifference/

BUT even if people can't see the difference, a lot of people are starting to get these monitors so it only makes sense for devs to make their plugins work on these displays. I mean you can sit there and say how it is stupid and all that but I think you will end up losing business in the end.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 am ^If you were using any software but NI plugins, you would know that 4K makes perfect sense.
I use other software as well and still stand by my statement - 2K is fine (I have it on my Surface) but 4/8K doesn't make any sense to me personally. Especially when great majority of applications are not even supporting 2K properly. Technological advancements are fine, but if the software cannot follow at the same speed, it's not exactly logical. Then it ends up being tech advancement for the sake of tech advancement and not much else (it has more of everything, so it has to be better than what I have now? I don't buy that).

Then it ends up being tech advancement for the sake of tech advancement and not much else (it has more of everything, so it has to be better than what I have now? I don't buy that).
Man, it looks better and easier for an eye. Once you try, there's no coming back.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

So you think I didn't try them yet claim stuff? Of course I tried 4K monitors. I see no gamechanger difference compared to 2K. Easier on the eye? Not really as far as I'm concerned.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:18 am
Then it ends up being tech advancement for the sake of tech advancement and not much else (it has more of everything, so it has to be better than what I have now? I don't buy that).
Man, it looks better and easier for an eye. Once you try, there's no coming back.
I'm with ED on this. 4k is a farce. First most devices aren't 4k they are UHD or less. Second, it works on phones because the apps are primitive, with few controls that are easy to scale. Third, having 4k reso then scaling your app back to 1k is dumb, and that's what most people do so they can read the text. 2k on up to 38" monitors is excellent unless you are 6" from the screen.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I wouldn't say it is a "farce", after all, i'm well able to spot the difference between HD ready, and full HD resolution on a 5" smartphone screen... but, people are surely blinded by numbers these days.

That said, i can very well comprehend that anything up from 27" would very well benefit from a higher resolution. It IS sharper. I'd agree though that on screens smaller than 27", it should be pretty pointless. At least, i wouldn't buy one with 4k in that size.

You also have to wonder whether or not we should really hold such a discussion. If you really can't stimulate your brain enough to cope with conditions which are paradise compared to what we had 20 years ago, then there's surely a serious problem with not being able to be happy with anything. I'm quite happy with my cheapo 130 € 24" TN panel here. Sure, there's much better, but, would it give me double, or triple the satisfaction, compared to double or triple the price? Don't think so. Especially with colours, you can quickly adapt and get used to almost anything. And, IMO, even such cheap TN panels have come a looong way in the last 10 years. If i remember the first TN panel i had... that was so shitty that i don't even want to think about it now. :D

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:17 am I wouldn't say it is a "farce", after all, i'm well able to spot the difference between HD ready, and full HD resolution on a 5" smartphone screen... but, people are surely blinded by numbers these days.
That's because most phones today have a higher pixel density (2K-3K or thereabouts), which would make the difference between HD ready (720p) and FHD (1080p) quite obvious. SJ_Digriz was mentioning 4K specifically as being a farce. I agree.

Depends on the screen size though, doesn't it? 27" with 4k = higher pixel density than 27" full HD.

yes, but until you get in the high 40s and 50s, the 2k monitors look just as good as the uhd monitors, unless again you are 2 inches from them. I have a 30" 2560x1600 that I've had for years. It is a proofing monitor and has excellent color accuracy. I have a 50" samsung 4k (really UHD) TV that I can switch into PC mode that I use to track video to project most of the time. Unless you are are right on top of them, there is no advantage to the samsung. This is not my only experience with this either. At work we have some of those apple cine-displays. They are not discernably better than the very old 2560x1600 monitors we have that are all from 28 to 32 inches.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Fair enough. I only have a 4k TV, so i'm not able to rell really. Of course, on the TV, you see the difference to the resolutions which get interpolated, but, can't judge from that of course, interpolation always looks worse.

Wait...so debate about Kontakt having outdated small non zoomable, non scaling GUI FOR YEARS, Even at version 6 - ended up with EvilDragon claiming 4k monitors aren't something because 2k is fine for him.

Hm haha how convenient.

I guess other amazing developers such as U-he (actually quite a few developers adapted their interfaces already - even dumb Roland did it) developed their interfaces for 4k screens and Retina monitors and other resolutions just like that - out of fun. Yes these companies are so dumb to invest company money and resources in developing something just like that - cuz they can..

Yeah make sense...to shape your view and accommodate whole world of people to your marginalization of how things should be..seems right

And internet person is claiming it's not needed cuz he don't see a use of something which is out for a while already.

Totally makes sense.

Return to “Instruments”