Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
andrew71
KVRist
 
446 posts since 16 Jun, 2003
Bite, Freak and Dirt have been released today, making the K12U list even more accurate.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=4339
LooneyJetman - Follow me on Spotify | Bandcamp
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
 
3155 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA
Rapidly loosing interest in K12.
No mention of Absynth 6! :(
Perhaps Absynth will be merged into Massive X?

I am at a crossroads of a new beginning with a new main DAW.
Looks like I will move away from purchasing any new Naive Instruments products.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
jbuonacc
KVRian
 
518 posts since 7 May, 2006
Kalamata Kid wrote:... Looks like I will move away from purchasing any new Naive Instruments products.


because they didn't give you Absynth 6? good riddance.

why do all the crybabies buy NI stuff?
bungle
KVRAF
 
1558 posts since 12 Mar, 2004
jbuonacc wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:... Looks like I will move away from purchasing any new Naive Instruments products.


because they didn't give you Absynth 6? good riddance.

why do all the crybabies buy NI stuff?


Probably the same reason the excuse making fanboys do too.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
Elektronisch
KVRAF
 
2135 posts since 3 Feb, 2010
andrew71 wrote:Bite, Freak and Dirt have been released today, making the K12U list even more accurate.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=4339


Ive played around with these plugs and the Dirt distortion unit is one of the best distortion plugins i ever tried.
Elektronisch
KVRAF
 
2135 posts since 3 Feb, 2010
Mushy Mushy wrote:So the rumour is Massive X is going to be sample based.
The recently released sample based Sequential Circuits synth is called the Prophet X.

Coincidence? Will both have 8DIO content?


Well Iphone also has X but it doesnt contain much sampled content, definatly not from DIO8 :clown:

What is the rumours source?
User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
 
2017 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany
Massive will contain X Files content...

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
chk071
KVRAF
 
16812 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany
Elektronisch wrote:
andrew71 wrote:Bite, Freak and Dirt have been released today, making the K12U list even more accurate.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=4339


Ive played around with these plugs and the Dirt distortion unit is one of the best distortion plugins i ever tried.

I agree. Saturation sounds great, as does the foldback distortion. Quite CPU intensive, but, hey, sound quality has its price, i guess.
iPlogger
KVRian
 
678 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest
This might be off-topic, but is relevant. I'm thinking of getting a Komplete Kontrol keyboard (with Komplete 11) and wondering how tied the Komplete Kontrol software is to Komplete. If NI updates the Komplete Kontrol software, I'm wondering if I will also have to upgrade to Komplete 12 in order to download any new updates. Or is the Komplete Kontrol software a completely separate package I can update separately from their other products?
User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
 
2017 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany
AFAIK these are separate things...

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
iPlogger
KVRian
 
678 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest
Thanks martinjuenke. :tu:
Elektronisch
KVRAF
 
2135 posts since 3 Feb, 2010
martinjuenke wrote:AFAIK these are separate things...


Actually you are a bit wrong.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elektronisch
KVRAF
 
2135 posts since 3 Feb, 2010
iPlogger wrote:This might be off-topic, but is relevant. I'm thinking of getting a Komplete Kontrol keyboard (with Komplete 11) and wondering how tied the Komplete Kontrol software is to Komplete. If NI updates the Komplete Kontrol software, I'm wondering if I will also have to upgrade to Komplete 12 in order to download any new updates. Or is the Komplete Kontrol software a completely separate package I can update separately from their other products?


It depends on what functionality Komplete Kontrol update brings, Komplete Kontrol is quite tied to komplete package now but not in a way that it cant live without each other. If there will be an update to Komplete control there will be update to the instrument or fx plugin that will be needed to update. Native access usualy show up if there are any new updates and you can just update from there. So dont worry about that.
User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
 
2017 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany
Sorry Elektronisch, but I have Komplete Kontrol Hardware, Software and Komplete Ultimate, so I think I know what I‘m talking about...
iPlogger asked if Komplete Kontrol and Komplete Bundle (Ultimate or normal) are connected that they have to be upgraded together. The answer is a clear NO. You can use Komplete Kontrol software and hardware even without Komplete bundle, for example only AAS or u-he software if you like.

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
iPlogger
KVRian
 
678 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest
Cool. I really appreciate the input from both of you. Making me feel good about it. Here's the root of my question. Komplete Kontrol does not currently allow for layers (unless you are in MIDI Mode). Should they update Komplete Kontrol software to allow for layers (mulitple VST instruments) I was concerned if this update came out AFTER Komplete 12 is released, I would then have to upgrade to K12 to get the new capability. But it sounds like the KK software is its own product and download, which makes sense, now that I think about it. I have no experience with Kontakt and have been doing a ton of research this month to see if it will meet my needs so I'm still learning how things work.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments