KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

martinjuenke wrote:Sorry Elektronisch, but I have Komplete Kontrol Hardware, Software and Komplete Ultimate, so I think I know what I‘m talking about...
iPlogger asked if Komplete Kontrol and Komplete Bundle (Ultimate or normal) are connected that they have to be upgraded together. The answer is a clear NO. You can use Komplete Kontrol software and hardware even without Komplete bundle, for example only AAS or u-he software if you like.
Ah well i misunderstud the question. Yes you can use one without each other, but what i wanted to say that the komplete has deep integration within komplete kontrol (im also a user btw) :ud:

Nwm me then :D

I guess with the new TRK-01 and Dirt being excellent implementations, the upcoming update sounds promising. For me, most will depend on what Massive X brings to the table.
Pretty sure they will release that only at the very last minute. :wink:

Seems like NI is kicking back in gear. With previous releases like Form I was ready to abandon NI.

Stefken wrote: Seems like NI is kicking back in gear. With previous releases like Form I was ready to abandon NI.
What‘s wrong with FORM?

martinjuenke wrote:
Stefken wrote: Seems like NI is kicking back in gear. With previous releases like Form I was ready to abandon NI.
What‘s wrong with FORM?
What's good about Form? Nothing special really.
How many times have you heard somebody mentioning Form here?

Form is a pretty great sample mangling synth.

To each his own of course.

I find it not very musical. It resembles the rubbish wavetable scanning people like(d) to do in Serum.
Throw a bunch of waves together and scan the shit out of them.
Might be OK for dubstep, but for me personally it's more noise then music.

Objectively speaking, I don't think you will find Form mentioned a lot in the top vst charts.

Stefken wrote:To each his own of course.

I find it not very musical. It resembles the rubbish wavetable scanning people like(d) to do in Serum.
Throw a bunch of waves together and scan the shit out of them.
Might be OK for dubstep, but for me personally it's more noise then music.

Objectively speaking, I don't think you will find Form mentioned a lot in the top vst charts.
Noise can be a very Creative part in music.
And: depending on your creativity and skills you can get a lot more out of Form than noise!
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Stefken wrote: Objectively speaking, I don't think you will find Form mentioned a lot in the top vst charts.
:lol:

Selectively using some criteria which is not in itself authoritative really, you have only compounded the fallacious appeal to authority by argumentum ad populum; which you want to support your facile notion of its musicality or not. In itself such a tool only becomes musical in the hands of the musician using it. I mean I don't look to 'the top vst charts' for anything, and I have no idea what you're even supposed to be pointing to.

Why not just stick with 'it's not my thing' rather than try and make that more than it is.

jancivil wrote:
Stefken wrote: Objectively speaking, I don't think you will find Form mentioned a lot in the top vst charts.

Selectively using some criteria which is not in itself authoritative really, you have only compounded the fallacious appeal to authority by argumentum ad populum; which you want to support your facile notion of its musicality or not. In itself such a tool only becomes musical in the hands of the musician using it. I mean I don't look to 'the top vst charts' for anything, and I have no idea what you're even supposed to be pointing to.

Why not just stick with 'it's not my thing' rather than try and make that more than it is.
Must read this three times to understand and now I know you‘re completely right!

Form is nice but not one of the major draws in Komplete is all people are saying ..

jancivil wrote:

I agree with you 100%.

Having said that, people tend to talk about things that they really like. So when something isn't talked about much, or at all, you do have to wonder how "good" it really is at what it does.

For example, I never talk about Revitar when people ask about VSTs for strumming guitar. I mean it's not God awful but compared to the quality stuff we have today, I can't see a reason for using it unless you want a sub standard performance. And I do have Revitar and did used to use it before I got things like Real Guitar and even VIR2 stuff. But since then, I might as well delete Revitar off my hard drive.

Form? I tried it out for a bit when I first got Komplete 11. I honestly don't remember what I thought of it because, quite honestly, I have way too much stuff. It's all starting to blend together except for the few things that either really stand out or, things that I have for a very long time and know inside out.

The things that I own that I use almost all the time?

Pianoteq 5 (almost exclusively for piano parts)
EWQL Orchestral Stuff (at least until I get VSL this month)
MODO Bass (the only bass I use for electric bass)
Real Guitar (The whole line)
VIR 2 Guitars (Electric and Acoustic)

For stuff like drums? Eh, nothing really stands out. I'll use Battery 4, samples, Kontakt factory stuff, whatever strikes my mood

For synth leads, pads, FX, etc., eh, again, it's all starting to mush together. And with over 100 of these things, there are days when I just look at the list and close up my DAW and go play a dungeon crawler. Truth is, because there are so many good synths, there are very few that I turn to all the time.

But I do know this much. There are a few things that I do own, like Revitar, which is free of course, that I know I will never, ever use again. Most of that stuff I have gotten rid of. Some still remains but will eventually be tossed or sold.

Point is, that Form is rarely talked about (if that is in fact the case, and I'm not 100% convinced it is) there has to be a reason. Because people do talk about the synths that they love.

At least that's been my experience.

Well, I guess FORM is deemed "not special" by the same people who also find ABSYNTH "outdated" (and a lot of similar nonsense too). Meanwhile other people are just enjoying their toys - instead of talking about them... :shrug:
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

dreamkeeper wrote:Well, I guess FORM is deemed "not special" by the same people who also find ABSYNTH "outdated" (and a lot of similar nonsense too). Meanwhile other people are just enjoying their toys - instead of talking about them... :shrug:
:hihi:

First, Form is really a need to RTFM sort of deal to get the most out of. It's interface is intuitive to a point then it's time to get a clearer picture.

I demoed it a couple of times and I plan to buy it. In fact I would actually buy Komplete if I wasn't going to buy VSL Synchron FX Strings, which is it for a month. It is not, however, a familiar approach to sound design for me.

I'm using Skanner again right now, and its whole design begins with (and is recursive to in its modulation and so forth) scanning a sample loaded in it. Now here, it may be seen that some samples give the more 'musical' result before you start with the modulation and all the feedback or effects. But I don't even proceed from a necessary dichotomy of 'noise!' vs 'musical.'. And once you really exploit it, it's practically impossible to have a picture of the outcome. unpredictable to say the least. But if you don't, well I'm using it for the main lines, it's the 'melody' instrument before I start orchestrating. Brass is the primary impression for this, even french horn. But I like the crazy stuff and shock when you get into turning on the stuff on the macro page.

So Form is about shaping, and as far as I know it's a unique design. I would guess it's not talked about because it's not understood by many. What's talked about more here is subtractive synthesis and how well modeled this thing vs the other thing is. So that argument from popularity is a bit like 'More people like Taylor Swift than this weird music you like, so there.'

I only have NI synths on this drive. Absynth, which is still comparatively just futuristic; Massive; and Reaktor Skanner, Spark, Kontour, Monark. I'd like to have Prism and Form, probably in that order. I don't like bloat and KVR or 'the top vst lists' are not influences here. I have demoed a few other things, which are good but is it going to mean la difference in my tracks, probably not.

generaldiomedes wrote:Form is nice but not one of the major draws in Komplete is all people are saying ..
Well, no, the one person I reacted to did more. It would be a major draw for Komplete for me, because for not much more than it costs I could have Komplete right now, and it is one of two draws like that for me (other one being Prism).

Return to “Instruments”