Wasn't KORG supposed to be fixing the Legacy Collection GUIs!?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KORG promised they were working on enlarging the GUIs for the KORG Legacy Collection on Dec. 20th of last year(2017).

That's quite a long time, with no word of advancement on this epic and monumental programming task! They haven't even finished ONE of the plugins, in nearly 6 months!? I guess they figure if they stall and hem-haw around long enough everyone will forget about the KORG Collection altogether, even if some purchased the collection based on their promise to fix it. What a shame!

And the years just keep rolling by...
Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SciFiArtMan wrote:KORG promised they were working on enlarging the GUIs for the KORG Legacy Collection on Dec. 20th of last year.
Ok, I'll bite. Where did they promise that?

chk071 wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote:KORG promised they were working on enlarging the GUIs for the KORG Legacy Collection on Dec. 20th of last year.
Ok, I'll bite. Where did they promise that?
If I'm not mistaken, it was stated in the email that I got from them informing me about the Odyssey.

Alright.

I disagree about making a joke about the "epic task" to making a better GUI though. In fact, it could be quite a big task. Especially considering that all that has to be done for more 10 year old plugins, which surely don't sell that well anymore.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am hoping for larger GUI's, scalable even. As for the age of the plugins who cares they are some of the most accurate representations of the real things around.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

chk071 wrote:Alright.

I disagree about making a joke about the "epic task" to making a better GUI though. In fact, it could be quite a big task. Especially considering that all that has to be done for more 10 year old plugins, which surely don't sell that well anymore.
I have no doubt. Look how long it took Arturia to update their GUIs.

Well, they didn't say "we promise", but "we plan". Plans can go awry as we all know.

"Some features widely requested by users will be added to the KORG Collection in future updates. We plan to refine the user interface on a large-scale among other improvements"

Sure it sounds encouraging, but everyone should be aware of the fact that KLC are old plugins, using old frameworks, and doing a GUI refresh is very likely anything BUT easy, so it might be quite some time before we see these things come into fruition.

EvilDragon wrote:Well, they didn't say "we promise", but "we plan". Plans can go awry as we all know.

"Some features widely requested by users will be added to the KORG Collection in future updates. We plan to refine the user interface on a large-scale among other improvements"

Sure it sounds encouraging, but everyone should be aware of the fact that KLC are old plugins, using old frameworks, and doing a GUI refresh is very likely anything BUT easy, so it might be quite some time before we see these things come into fruition.
Which is why I didn't get the Odyssey (don't need it) and why I'm not holding my breath on the larger GUIs.

Of course I never thought Arturia was going to redo their GUIs either so who knows.

No I do think it will happen. But at their own pace.

so, looks like KORG is a liar.

Iva wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 am so, looks like KORG is a liar.
trollbot just woke up?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Iva wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 am so, looks like KORG is a liar.
your hammer pulled you off?

I want bigger guis. That’s all

That's cool, but that also doesn't make Korg liars "just because".

Return to “Instruments”