Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
outputsounds
KVRer
7 posts since 29 Oct, 2013 from Los Angeles

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 pm

After years in the making, Output Inc. is ecstatic to announce ARCADE, a cloud-connected loop synthesizer with new content every day. Like a Netflix or Hulu for music makers, only Arcade also packs powerful tools to transform loops until they sound like you.

Output has revolutionized a musician’s workflow by eradicating countless folders, websites and file conversions from the search process. Vast and inspiring sonic worlds are delivered directly within Arcade, with audio that always locks to tempo and pitch. Curated loops are delivered in playable kits, already dialed in with 11 effects, customizable sliders and Output’s proprietary modifiers, making it fast to tweak content on the fly.

With respect to every artist’s unique voice, users can also drag and drop their own loops and samples to manipulate them with the same creative tools. Founder and CEO, Gregg Lehrman says “All you have to do is watch someone use Arcade for 5 minutes and you grasp the impact this will have on music production. Our goal from day one has always been to help musicians be creative. I think this is a huge next step in the fulfillment of that vision and can’t wait to hear how it inspires and transforms music.”

For only $10/month and free for the first 100 days, ARCADE is updated with new features, product lines, and loops all the time. Cancel any time and previously built sessions will continue to work play back forever. ARCADE is available now exclusively on output.com.

Product Link: https://output.com/arcade

Walkthrough Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSpDqkikaKg
Output I Outputsounds.com

cfanyc
KVRist
203 posts since 8 Dec, 2013

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:03 pm

when I die and be deemed unworthy of being admitted to paradise the devil
will come and say:

" Hi cfanyc. You were so bad during your life on earth that
your punishment is that you will be making music for all eternity
with a loop player. The loops will be provided by random
devils and you will be pressing the playback button.
You will also be paying an eternal subscription fee.
Other cursed souls will be pretending they are "creative"
"producers" and will be role playing to be rocking hard while their finger is stuck
for ever on the playback button. Watch them and cry."

Until that day comes, I can practice and prepare for hell with the closest thing:
ARCADE by Output!

handed
KVRer
20 posts since 4 Jun, 2018

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Edit: Deleted. I really shouldn’t be posting material related to Dante’s Inferno and Hell’s inner circle.

Weirdly attractive yet lacking sustenance. Love Output Movement. Even though this is obviously all about the loop packs and the subscription, it would be great to see a version without either of those things, just for shaping sounds.

Jed
KVRist
146 posts since 22 Oct, 2003 from New Zealand

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:12 pm

cfanyc wrote:when I die and be deemed unworthy of being admitted to paradise the devil
will come and say:

" Hi cfanyc. You were so bad during your life on earth that
your punishment is that you will be making music for all eternity
with a loop player. The loops will be provided by random
devils and you will be pressing the playback button.
You will also be paying an eternal subscription fee.
Other cursed souls will be pretending they are "creative"
"producers" and will be role playing to be rocking hard while their finger is stuck
for ever on the playback button. Watch them and cry."

Until that day comes, I can practice and prepare for hell with the closest thing:
ARCADE by Output!

Hahaha coffee spill moment

Cheers
Jed

User avatar
progtronic
KVRian
519 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm

cfanyc wrote:...you will be making music for all eternity with a loop player. The loops will be provided by random devils and you will be pressing the playback button...
Yeah.. I really don't understand what type of "artist", these kinds of products are targeting.

Hypernode.. now this. :neutral:

jackmazzotti
KVRist
276 posts since 18 Dec, 2006

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm

You can do this already with ableton drum racks with simpler.
Worshiping Jesus Christ with sounds and textures inspired by nature and cutting edge synthesis
http://soundcloud.com/jackmazzotti
http://www.spectrasonics.net/company/ar ... .php?id=22

simmo75
KVRian
946 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 pm

handed wrote:Edit: Deleted. I really shouldn’t be posting material related to Dante’s Inferno and Hell’s inner circle.

Weirdly attractive yet lacking sustenance. Love Output Movement. Even though this is obviously all about the loop packs and the subscription, it would be great to see a version without either of those things, just for shaping sounds.
You can use your own samples.

handed
KVRer
20 posts since 4 Jun, 2018

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Yep. But $10 a month is a strange proposition for someone who only wants to use it that way.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2244 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 pm

When i heard "subscribtion" turned the video off.

jackmazzotti
KVRist
276 posts since 18 Dec, 2006

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Elektronisch wrote:When i heard "subscribtion" turned the video off.
Yup. Zero interest in subscriptions.
Worshiping Jesus Christ with sounds and textures inspired by nature and cutting edge synthesis
http://soundcloud.com/jackmazzotti
http://www.spectrasonics.net/company/ar ... .php?id=22

twitewhite
KVRist
45 posts since 8 Mar, 2018

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:When i heard "subscribtion" turned the video off.
Yup. Zero interest in subscriptions.
Same here. I will not buy any subscription based plugin, with the exception of a pay-to-own scheme that allows you to purchase only what you need, not the entire catalog.

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2210 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:16 pm

How does this compare to Native Instruments Sounds
(which seems to stay in Beta forever obviously)?

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
29655 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:28 pm

outputsounds wrote:After years in the making, Output Inc. is ecstatic to announce ARCADE, a cloud-connected loop synthesizer with new content every day. Like a Netflix or Hulu for music makers, only Arcade also packs powerful tools to transform loops until they sound like you.

Output has revolutionized a musician’s workflow by eradicating countless folders, websites and file conversions from the search process. Vast and inspiring sonic worlds are delivered directly within Arcade, with audio that always locks to tempo and pitch. Curated loops are delivered in playable kits, already dialed in with 11 effects, customizable sliders and Output’s proprietary modifiers, making it fast to tweak content on the fly.

With respect to every artist’s unique voice, users can also drag and drop their own loops and samples to manipulate them with the same creative tools. Founder and CEO, Gregg Lehrman says “All you have to do is watch someone use Arcade for 5 minutes and you grasp the impact this will have on music production. Our goal from day one has always been to help musicians be creative. I think this is a huge next step in the fulfillment of that vision and can’t wait to hear how it inspires and transforms music.”

For only $10/month and free for the first 100 days, ARCADE is updated with new features, product lines, and loops all the time. Cancel any time and previously built sessions will continue to work play back forever. ARCADE is available now exclusively on output.com.

Product Link: https://output.com/arcade

Walkthrough Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSpDqkikaKg
One question about the sub - if you cancel you say you can keep using what you already used in 'sessions'. What exactly does that mean? Now it could be very specific and literal, ie it only lets you load what you are using in a particular project (ie stores the samples with the project presumably) but not create new projects, or it could be taken to mean you can still use what you have already downloaded but not download anything new, which would imply though that this would include in new projects?

Then there is the question of your own samples, can you continue to use those even though you have cancelled and again is this just what you have already used in specific projects or in new ones too?

Oh and what if you move to a different computer, or reinstall the OS or something like that?

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2244 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 am

I dont know what to feel about this product. It looks more like Dance Ejay in a DAW. And from video overview it seems like this is what it is, premade song phrases. Who is this product for aimed really? because you can just buy loops and manipulate them in a daw. Maybe for "producers" who want to impress something by pressing a key to let to hear the phrase?

I really feel very skeptic about this. Alot of output "engine" products for kontakt are cool in one or another way and very usable, but this yeah who is it aimed at for really? :)

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2414 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Re: Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 am

Such a shame what's happened to Output. Their first product Rev was so well conceived and executed, very musical, and its been downhill ever since. This surely represents a new low.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Return to “Instruments”