Tone2 Gladiator 3 (public beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gladiator 4

kiezum wrote: On the 2nd page they discuss the technique and there's a link to an watermarking algorithm that can do it in 100x realtime. So encoding an audiostream in realtime should be possible (http://audiowatermarking.info/awt1_details.php).
Thanks for pointing that link out. AWT also have a certain number of customers:

https://audiowatermarking.info/customers.php

Cheers.

kiezum wrote:The question you didn't answer is: do you use audio watermarks in your plugins?
AudioWatermarking.info wrote:Publishing names of AWT customers is generally a problem. The nature of watermarking requires that even the fact of watermarking is kept secret.
For the above reason, I do not think that question will overtly be answered by Tone2, despite use of such anti-piracy technology (or related anti-piracy technology) in Gladiator having at least been been eluded to previously. :shrug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Urs wrote:
Markus Krause wrote:Furthermore i will examine if i'll remove the abbility export the osciallators as wavs for Gladiator3 again. This thread has shown that there is a high demand on abusing it.
I think that's not a good idea. It's a feature that you already announced. People are looking forward to it. And it's a good feature. It makes sense. It gives your customers a benefit. Taking it away now is, hmmm, impulsive?!?

And it has nothing at all to do with whatever companies are sampling your stuff for their nth whatever sample library. They probably just want to sample your presets. Lazy buggers.

And if you're still afraid of us "abusing" it... don't worry. As Lotuzia once said to me, "you worry too much". And you do too. In the meantime we have figured out how to import a sample and slice it into a set of wavetables all by ourselves. Not sure if it works as well as your solution, but I guess our common customers will tell us sooner or later. No threat from our side. (where's the peace smiley from gearslutz when you need it?)
Well put. My take on things is this. People who buy sample sets that are just some synth’s factory patches brought into Kontakt, they’re never going to buy your synth anyway. Doing away with that is just going to make it that your name isn’t out there as much as other synths. I’d say put in the EULA that all sample sets that use Tone2 synths just have to say it clearly in the name. “Megartranceuntzuntz Tone2 Gladitor Sample Collection.” Done. I’ll often search Soundcloud and Youtube for sample set collections and use them demo examples to decide on buying a software synth. The only thing you do when you come down really hard on something like that is kind of generate this idea that as a developer you don’t really trust anyone. That’s how I feel. Even though I own 3 Tone2 products, I bought them despite feeling that as a company they are a but aggressive. It’s like being followed by store security while you’re shopping. OTOH, you can thank me for help selling a Zebra/HZ combo sale last week to a guy who was hell bent on sticking with hardware. I enjoyed doing it because I believe in the product and the company.

I recommend Tone2 as well... though less frequently. I really love Icarus, but I put off buying it for a while because of past issues with Tone2. Maybe you think people are stealing your software a lot because you do things like suggest features (to the point of putting in non-functional UI) that never materialize. That’s pretty dishonest. U-He did that with Uhbik X, but made up for it by adding a bunch of free plugins to the already inexpensive suite. You’d have bought yourself a ton of good will if you’d said, “We realized that adding resynthesis to Gladiator 2 was beyond the scope of what we could do. Please accept our apology and look in your email for a coupon code for a free patch library.” While that might seem like losing money to you, what it really does is get people to be a bit looser with the Tone2 name dropping when someone asks for a synth that does _________. (Insert popular sound that will soon be done to death but could probably be done with almost any synth plugin. :lol:)

Similarly, have great support, fair pricing and good, unobtrusive copy protection and move on. Warez kiddies aren’t going to buy your software anyway. They probably only f around with the cracked copy for a weekend and then forget about it. Those who do keep using it will one day grow up and I bet they’ll get sick of looking for buggy cracks and end up buying a legal license at some point.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Markus Krause wrote:Furthermore i will examine if i'll remove the abbility export the osciallators as wavs for Gladiator3 again. This thread has shown that there is a high demand on abusing it.
I suggest to export it as a format that readable by other Tone2 synths. Let's say I want to use the exported sound from Gladiator in Nemesis or RayBlaster or Icarus etc. A proprietary format is a good solution in this case. I believe it is good to have this option among Tone2 synths :)

It seems that many people have missed this, because we did not advertize it. Since 2010 there is our the free resynthesis tool for Gladiator2 available.

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=197.0

Dowload link:
http://www.tone2.com/Resynthesis_Tool_f ... iator2.zip

What does it do:

It allows you to create custom vocoder sounds or to resynthesise instruments.
It loads a 16 bit mono wav file and creates a custom mf2 files (custom HCM synthesis oscillator) for Tone2 Gladiator2.

Please note this:

- This tool is intersting for professionals only. You should be skilled with computers or sound design.
- The utility is PC only
- We do not provide support for this utility
- The software is provided "AS IS" and to be used at your own risk.
- Results may vary, not all wave material is suitable for resynthesis
- The utlility works with 16 bit mono wave files (default header)
- The sounds must have a wavelength of 512 samples
- Some wave material will crash the utility, note that extra header information (wavelab) could be a cause for this

-----------------------------------------

How to create a custom vocoder sound for Gladiator2:

1) Start resynthesis utility
2) 'File->load WAV' and select a 16 bit mono WAV file which contains speech like 'VocoderMe.wav'
3) Resynthesize it with 'Analyze->Cos 2048'.
4) Play it back with 'Play->Resynthesis slow'.
5) Save it with 'File->save MF2 Multiwave'. It will create a file called 'new.MF2'.
6) Rename 'new.MF2' to '137VO Gladiator.mf2' and overwrite the file in Vstplugins/Gladiator2_data
7) Load Gladiator2
8 ) Press Init to create a new patch and select 'VO Gladiator' as waveform for oscillator1. use 'OSC12 LOOPSPEED' to control the playback speed.

How to resynthesize a an instrument for Gladiator2:

2) 'File->load WAV' and select a 16 bit mono WAV file like 'ResynthesizeMe.wav'
3) Resynthesize it with 'Analyze->Kaiser 16384'.
If you can see vertical lines on the image the tuning of the wave file is not suitable for resynthesis.
The wavelengh of the source MUST be exactly 512 samples. This is a base frequency of exactly 86.13Hz @ 44.1 Khz Samplerate. Not all sounds can be resynthesized without artefacts.
5) Save it with 'File->save MF2 Multiwave'. It will create a file called 'new.MF2'.
6) Rename 'new.MF2' to '137VO Gladiator.mf2' and overwrite the file in Vstplugins/Gladiator2_data
7) Load Gladiator2
8 ) Press Init to create a new patch and select 'VO Gladiator' as waveform for oscillator1. use 'OSC12 LOOPSPEED' to control the playback speed.

zerocrossing wrote: Well put. My take on things is this....
I agree that how you come across to your audience/buyers is very important.
Even more than technical expertise actually.

A few companies have great music software, but people here advise against buying from them because of a greedy attitude towards their buyers (a few companies like IKMM keep popping up).

I can understand Tone2 wants to protect their IP but need to do so in a way that it doesn't scare of buyers. But I understand they are going to rewrite their EULA, which is a good thing.

This is a Gladiator thread but just quickly, if you don't mind, is such a (similar) tool also available for Icarus ?

Cheers.

mevla wrote:This is a Gladiator thread but just quickly, if you don't mind, is such a (similar) tool also available for Icarus ?

Cheers.
Icarus can resynthesize internally (eg, create wavetables out of samples). So, I'd say the tool is built-in. Actually, that's what this fuss is all about, basically.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Markus Krause wrote:It seems that many people have missed this, because we did not advertize it. Since 2010 there is our the free resynthesis tool for Gladiator2 available....
Huh. Well, thanks for that. I do appreciate it, but releasing something like that and not really letting me know is about the same as not releasing anything at all. Would it have killed you to send an email out to registered users? It goes back to what I was saying about providing “...good support...” Don’t get me wrong. I own Gladiator 2, Icarus, Nemesis, Electra 2 and Multi-FX. I think they are as good or better than anything out there. I just think you’d be better off as a company if you put more energy into showing appreciation for your customers than treating everyone as a potential thief.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

fmr wrote:Icarus can resynthesize internally (eg, create wavetables out of samples). So, I'd say the tool is built-in. Actually, that's what this fuss is all about, basically.
OK. I'm looking at getting Icarus soon, but still have not much of an idea about how it works. Sounds pretty good in the digital realm. Complements quite well synths like u-he Diva and Zebra2 (and many of their wonderful 3rd party soundsets ) by bringing this digital crispness. Each has its virtues, combining them enhances a sound palette.

Cheers.

mevla wrote:
fmr wrote:Icarus can resynthesize internally (eg, create wavetables out of samples). So, I'd say the tool is built-in. Actually, that's what this fuss is all about, basically.
OK. I'm looking at getting Icarus soon, but still have not much of an idea about how it works..
It's a dynamic wavetable scanning synth so, it works pretty much like any other synth of the kind. If you know Xfer Serum, Waldorf Nave or Largo, etc., you have an idea of how Icarus works.
Fernando (FMR)

Markus Krause wrote:It seems that many people have missed this, because we did not advertize it. Since 2010 there is our the free resynthesis tool for Gladiator2 available.

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=197.0

Dowload link:
http://www.tone2.com/Resynthesis_Tool_f ... iator2.zip

What does it do:

It allows you to create custom vocoder sounds or to resynthesise instruments.
It loads a 16 bit mono wav file and creates a custom mf2 files (custom HCM synthesis oscillator) for Tone2 Gladiator2.

Please note this:

- This tool is intersting for professionals only. You should be skilled with computers or sound design.
- The utility is PC only
- Results may vary, not all wave material is suitable for resynthesis
- The utlility works with 16 bit mono wave files (default header)
- The sounds must have a wavelength of 512 samples
- Some wave material will crash the utility, note that extra header information (wavelab) could be a cause for this

-----------------------------------------

How to create a custom vocoder sound for Gladiator2:

2) 'File->load WAV' and select a 16 bit mono WAV file which contains speech like 'VocoderMe.wav'
3) Resynthesize it with 'Analyze->Cos 2048'.
7) Load Gladiator2

How to resynthesize a an instrument for Gladiator2:

2) 'File->load WAV' and select a 16 bit mono WAV file like 'ResynthesizeMe.wav'
3) Resynthesize it with 'Analyze->Kaiser 16384'.
If you can see vertical lines on the image the tuning of the wave file is not suitable for resynthesis.
The wavelengh of the source MUST be exactly 512 samples. This is a base frequency of exactly 86.13Hz @ 44.1 Khz Samplerate. Not all sounds can be resynthesized without artefacts.
7) Load Gladiator2
A very nice little tool. If you follow the guidelines and edited the audio properly obtained very good results.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Markus Krause wrote:Please note this:

Hi Markus, is this statement above the official license for this Resynthesis tool? More specifically am I to take that this tool can be used to generate output used anywhere without restriction or extra Tone2 permission?

If so, thank you for the freebie and I'll add it to my toolbox.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. It does not emit .wav.
Feel free to call me Brian.

8)

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:44 pm "Hey, if you want to create your own wavetables, you can use following 3rd party products: ..." and "btw. we use the same standard format for wavetables as these products: ... - so you can use our waveforms in their software too!".
If you are still considering third party products to cross-promote for their wavetable editing capabilities, it appears that the maker of Vaporizer2 endorses the use of his product to make wavetables for other plugins:
vastdynamics wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:52 pm
vastdynamics wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:59 pm
teilo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:56 pm FYI - Any wavetable made for Serum/Rapid/Pigments/etc., will work in Vaporiser2 as-is. I was able to use all my Serum WAVs just by browsing to them.
Yep - took some time to understand that format ;-) 8)
And by the way: it also works the other way around -> user Vaporizer2 as wavetable editor and import in one of the other plugins. :party:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”