Tone2 Gladiator 3 (public beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gladiator 4

Tone2 wrote:o Added cross-product-compatibility: Save->'Export...' exports the sound of osc1 as an Icarus compatible wavetable in wav format
That's a capital feature. I had been thinking that Gladiator2 really could use an export wavetable function to allow me to import into Icarus for some crazy fun... Markus must have been tuning in to my wavelength. :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
Tone2 wrote:o Added cross-product-compatibility: Save->'Export...' exports the sound of osc1 as an Icarus compatible wavetable in wav format
That's a capital feature. I had been thinking that Gladiator2 really could use an export wavetable function to allow me to import into Icarus for some crazy fun... Markus must have been tuning in to my wavelength. :tu:
Yeah. I tried this function and it is awesome. Love it

exmatproton wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:
Yeah. I tried this function and it is awesome. Love it
Nice! :party:
export.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So the GUI update does not adress my situation where it is still not usable on a laptop, even on a large screen at this point. I am surprised people have been wanting a larger GUI rather than a more conservative one.

You are running 1366x768?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

yul wrote:So the GUI update does not adress my situation where it is still not usable on a laptop, even on a large screen at this point. I am surprised people have been wanting a larger GUI rather than a more conservative one.
I love the new display as it fits perfectly on my monitor with 1920 by 1080 resolution.

yul wrote:So the GUI update does not adress my situation where it is still not usable on a laptop, even on a large screen at this point. I am surprised people have been wanting a larger GUI rather than a more conservative one.
The gui is what it is, i am afraid. I don't see them spending a lot of time on a reworked (read; complete overhaul) gui. I must say that this change is already pretty good (at least for 1080P screens and above).

wagtunes wrote:
Debutante wrote:They are not expensive. You are poor. Big difference.

I'm not a rich person myself, but I have to back the devs on this; the time, the effort, the education that went into this is not cheap - people are earning a living. Then they have to support/upgrade it and continue educating themselves with new tech and so on. What can you do with 150 Euros today anyway?

I think it's a small price to pay for the enjoyment it brings. Wanting everything for free is unreasonable.
Well, I look at it this way. And I agree, the devs deserve to earn a living. However, when I price instruments and ultimately decide if something is overpriced, I compare to other instruments in their price range and the features each one brings.

My perfect example is this. And mind you, I own 5 Tone 2 synths.

Saurus 2
Electra 2
Nemesis
Icarus
Rayblaster

So I'm not a Tone 2 hater.

Okay, my example. And I am not going by the current sale prices but by the regular prices that I paid for the synths.

Electra 2 - $199
Zebra 2 - $199

If you're going to tell me that, feature for feature, Electra 2 is as feature packed a synth as Zebra 2, you are on some serious drugs. There is absolutely no comparison between those synths. Zebra 2 blows Electra 2 out of the water on every count.

That is pretty much the scenario for every Tone 2 synth. If you compare them to other synths in their price range and synths even cheaper than Tone 2 synths, Tone 2 synths do not stand up.

That is not to say that Tone 2 synths aren't good. That's not the same thing. All I am saying is that I can get a synth of equal or better quality for less money.

Icarus 2 - $199
Serum - $189

I actually think both of these synths are overpriced but Serum is clearly superior in design to Icarus and it costs $10 less.

Rayblaster at $199 is almost criminal given how little that synth actually does.

Were I not someone who buys synths because he runs a business around buying synths, I probably would not have purchased more than maybe Saurus 2. I actually think that synth is a good value at $119. Not an amazing value, but a good value. Their other synths, not so much.

Tone 2's synths, based on the competition, are $150 synths outside of Saurus 2. That's what they should be selling for. Essentially they are all about $50 overpriced. That's a lot of money for some people.

Again, this is based on a synth by synth comparison comparing feature to feature.

I don't expect you to agree, and I'm sure you don't, but I just wanted you to know where I'm coming from. It has nothing to do with entitlement or not feeling that devs don't deserve to make a living. But with all the competition out there and the quality that you can get today, Tone 2's prices are on the upper end for what their synths do.

There is no disputing that.
This guy gets it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .

On their website:
Icarus costs $179, not $199.
Electra is $189, not $199.
Nemesis and Rayblaster is $169, not $199.

I guess they have lowered the dollar price because of the euro exchange rate

flakes2 wrote:On their website:

I guess they have lowered the dollar price because of the euro exchange rate
There was a time when you had one price for Euro and US except when you want to pay, you couldn't pay in dollars same as Euro. So if the price was 199 euro you were paying some insane amount like $217 US. So I'm being very kind when I say US $199. It was way worse than that. So please don't quote me current prices.

Times were not always so wonderful with Tone 2.

flakes2 wrote:On their website:
That's a temporary special. It shows "$199 $179". Summer sale, update intro or something?

It's permanent.

Ok then. Maybe we buy some. Does anyone know if .wav exported from Gladiator or Icarus can be used & shipped with other products, e.g. soundbanks for Serum? Or do Tone2 somehow retain some kind of copyright on user created documents?

Urs wrote:Ok then. Maybe we buy some. Does anyone know if .wav exported from Gladiator or Icarus can be used & shipped with other products, e.g. soundbanks for Serum? Or do Tone2 somehow retain some kind of copyright on user created documents?
If I create a morphtable in Gladiator and then put it into a wav for e.g. Icarus or serum convert is the original file much but no more original. So in my opinion the question of copyrights does not arise. Korg in Marburg wrote years ago that direct digital copying would be an infringement of copyright. It was about the samples of the VS waves of the Wavestation. One would have to transfer the waves directly from the chips. That would be illegal then.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Urs: The license agreement of the Tone2 products does not allow a ripping or sampling of the product and a re-use for sample CDs or other commercial products. It can only be used for the production of songs. Everything that goes beyon requires a written permission from the copyright holder.

Why do you want to copy it? Why don't you create new and own ideas?

Return to “Instruments”