U-HE's Zebralette EVOL-X 200 | Set Extension 2020 Released |

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cant wait to see this :lol:

THE INTRANCER wrote:
functionform wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=492065&p=6902293&hi ... c#p6902293

From the last zebralette osc a lot of people wanted an option for the sync position in the signal flow to be changed. Would that be possible? That complaint was all over the discussion thread if you want to review it.
Only UHE will be able to do that as from what you're describing, requires access to the internal code within the core .exe file, which is compiled and encrypted. What I'm doing is at the GUI level which is more of what you can call object based.
What your 'product' is typically called is writing a new 'skin'. "Object based".. is nearly as misleading as this entire thread. :) You are creating a 'skin' for the free version of u-he Zebra. Your stuff goes into the https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html patchlib, among the other skins and threads for skins, typically are found in the u-he section of the forum, which is why this post is causing confusion. Folks are probably mistaking your big announcement as something more than a new skin for zebralette. Skins are cool, but they are basically changing colors of what's already there. This is a lot of hype, for a paintjob. :hihi:

jdoo wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:
functionform wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=492065&p=6902293&hi ... c#p6902293

From the last zebralette osc a lot of people wanted an option for the sync position in the signal flow to be changed. Would that be possible? That complaint was all over the discussion thread if you want to review it.
Only UHE will be able to do that as from what you're describing, requires access to the internal code within the core .exe file, which is compiled and encrypted. What I'm doing is at the GUI level which is more of what you can call object based.
What your 'product' is typically called is writing a new 'skin'. "Object based".. is nearly as misleading as this entire thread. :) You are creating a 'skin' for the free version of u-he Zebra. Your stuff goes into the https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html patchlib, among the other skins and threads for skins, typically are found in the u-he section of the forum, which is why this post is causing confusion. Folks are probably mistaking your big announcement as something more than a new skin for zebralette. Skins are cool, but they are basically changing colors of what's already there. This is a lot of hype, for a paintjob. :hihi:
Oh come on man! At least you could say 'thank you' to the guy who obviously has put a lot of time creating the skin. :x
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

jdoo wrote: What your 'product' is typically called is writing a new 'skin'. "Object based".. is nearly as misleading as this entire thread. :) You are creating a 'skin' for the free version of u-he Zebra. Your stuff goes into the https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html patchlib, among the other skins and threads for skins, typically are found in the u-he section of the forum, which is why this post is causing confusion. Folks are probably mistaking your big announcement as something more than a new skin for zebralette. Skins are cool, but they are basically changing colors of what's already there. This is a lot of hype, for a paintjob. :hihi:
That's because it is something more than a new skin for Zebralette... and if you had read the previous posts I made, you will know that there is far more involved than simply firing up photoshop as many others have and simply changing colours, and doing a 'paintjob'. There is over 3000 lines of scripting code to deconstruct and to try and understand, but even when you have (unlikely as this is something you are constantly learning through this), you still have the time consuming process of manipulating the code and typing everything such as values manually...

The additional 100+ interface variations are an added bonus...and those which are designed to integrate within the restrictions I have within the bounds of what's possible, and fusing them to create interfaces which are both innovative and unique with script based code and improved overall design.
____

For others waiting... thank you for you patience... as I mentioned earlier, it's the presentation stuff I'm doing right now and this does involve the creation of both video and music, the latter of which I finished yesterday. Today it's going to be the video production side of things.... So it's kinda like a project within a project but the latter part is just as important I think as a developer and particularly with such a project that has taken many weeks to get where I wanted it to get to... it's more fun than the scripting side in any case. :D This will take a day I think...going by other video projects like this...

Right now I'm in the middle of a heatwave, so need to get out, rather than be stuck inside all day...in Scotland...this weather is never predictable... ..Right after this post I'm going down to the beach on two wheels :)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

jdoo wrote: This is a lot of hype, for a paintjob. :hihi:
Go back to gearslutz. What, are they having
a two bit pedantic word mincing contest or something? :hihi:
As a small-time car collector, and vst collector,
I can tell you that the paint job sells the collectible.
A car that's straight and gorgeous to look at
won't be on the market long, and a plugin that
has the same qualities will find lots of users.

I find the hype informative, and while some skinning
involves paint, there are a lot of gui fundamentals
in even a simple .ini file, that need proper management.

I'd much rather have more information, and some chat,
than just a link. And Urs keeps plenty of conversations
going at the U-he topics, while one of the other facets
of his apparently honeycomb shaped brain churns out
exciting new code in the background.
Cheers

THE INTRANCER wrote:
jdoo wrote: What your 'product' is typically called is writing a new 'skin'. "Object based".. is nearly as misleading as this entire thread. :) You are creating a 'skin' for the free version of u-he Zebra. Your stuff goes into the https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html patchlib, among the other skins and threads for skins, typically are found in the u-he section of the forum, which is why this post is causing confusion. Folks are probably mistaking your big announcement as something more than a new skin for zebralette. Skins are cool, but they are basically changing colors of what's already there. This is a lot of hype, for a paintjob. :hihi:
That's because it is something more than a new skin for Zebralette... and if you had read the previous posts I made, you will know that there is far more involved than simply firing up photoshop as many others have and simply changing colours, and doing a 'paintjob'. There is over 3000 lines of scripting code to deconstruct and to try and understand, but even when you have (unlikely as this is something you are constantly learning through this), you still have the time consuming process of manipulating the code and typing everything such as values manually...

The additional 100+ interface variations are an added bonus...and those which are designed to integrate within the restrictions I have within the bounds of what's possible, and fusing them to create interfaces which are both innovative and unique with script based code and improved overall design.
____

For others waiting... thank you for you patience... as I mentioned earlier, it's the presentation stuff I'm doing right now and this does involve the creation of both video and music, the latter of which I finished yesterday. Today it's going to be the video production side of things.... So it's kinda like a project within a project but the latter part is just as important I think as a developer and particularly with such a project that has taken many weeks to get where I wanted it to get to... it's more fun than the scripting side in any case. :D This will take a day I think...going by other video projects like this...

Right now I'm in the middle of a heatwave, so need to get out, rather than be stuck inside all day...in Scotland...this weather is never predictable... ..Right after this post I'm going down to the beach on two wheels :)
:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Apologies to anyone offended by my remarks. My intent wasn't to diminish your efforts THE ENTRANCER. I am certain you have had to put a lot of effort into understanding the underlying framework that U-He put into their skin editing. My use of snickering smiley faces was admittedly a passive-aggressive snark at your work - and was uncalled for. At the end of the day, you're creating what many will feel is a better GUI for Zebralette.. which is great. Kudos to you.

Believe it or not, the skin of a plugin or better the GUI design, is one of the most important reasons for me and many other people I think, to buy the software. If it sounds great but looks ugly, I rather won´t buy it. Why? Because there is a strong connection between appearance and usability.
As an example, I never bought Zebra 2 because the GUI looks terrible. I can´t even get used to the latest design of 2.8.
After seeing this thread I will definitely take a look at Zebralette, great skin!

https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html

There are about 20 Zebra skins at the link,
some have no resemblance at all to Zebra2/2.8

Cheers

Soooo... :)

Halonmusic wrote:Soooo... :)
Well...what has happened... and I this is something that I hadn't planned for...is that this little project has exploded into a something much bigger and more exciting from a creative development standpoint than I had really ever envisioned, outside that of the actual project itself which has been part of two distinct area's, and unlocking the drive and creative idea's and elements of mini projects I've created over the past year.

This has led to attempting and taking on new challenges to those which I've had years before but didn't reach the level I had wanted to get to, and thus as can happen, lead to other creative distractions I felt happier doing at that time such as producing music primarily.

Now all that, probably doesn't make much sense without seeing what I've been up to but without giving too much away as this is part of the presentation thing...it has involved a lot of 3D modeling, texturing / material design, lighting, animating, rendering, filming, across a multitude of applications...the incorporation of composed music behind all this and more importantly, some sort of story sequence...

Much of this requires knowledge and understanding of the applications, some of which cost hundreds and one in particular that cost several thousands of pounds.

So whilst the end result might not be big from the final video presentation..the knowledge and understanding of the processes needed to achieve the goal I've set will be far more important into the future and with the creations I can re-use.

So in a nutshell... what started out as a side project in improving an interface of a VST instrument...has turned into what I can call pretty much a small film... a sci-fi film.... and I'm doing the entirety of myself.

I'm currently about 2 thirds of the way there with it within the past week and a half... but there is still some 3D modelling to do and finish and that I aim to animate.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Soooo... :)
Well...what has happened... and I this is something that I hadn't planned for...is that this little project has exploded into a something much bigger and more exciting from a creative development standpoint than I had really ever envisioned, outside that of the actual project itself which has been part of two distinct area's, and unlocking the drive and creative idea's and elements of mini projects I've created over the past year.

This has led to attempting and taking on new challenges to those which I've had years before but didn't reach the level I had wanted to get to, and thus as can happen, lead to other creative distractions I felt happier doing at that time such as producing music primarily.

Now all that, probably doesn't make much sense without seeing what I've been up to but without giving too much away as this is part of the presentation thing...it has involved a lot of 3D modeling, texturing / material design, lighting, animating, rendering, filming, across a multitude of applications...the incorporation of composed music behind all this and more importantly, some sort of story sequence...

Much of this requires knowledge and understanding of the applications, some of which cost hundreds and one in particular that cost several thousands of pounds.

So whilst the end result might not be big from the final video presentation..the knowledge and understanding of the processes needed to achieve the goal I've set will be far more important into the future and with the creations I can re-use.

So in a nutshell... what started out as a side project in improving an interface of a VST instrument...has turned into what I can call pretty much a small film... a sci-fi film.... and I'm doing the entirety of myself.

I'm currently about 2 thirds of the way there with it within the past week and a half... but there is still some 3D modelling to do and finish and that I aim to animate.
I understand. Take your time. :)

Zebralette has hatchlings! 8)

I know that I'm really setting a high bar for myself in the ambition to create a short film, but here's what I've been working on for the past week..., it's just a small part of many. The vehicle was modeled roughly to get an idea of where I was going with it then properly remodeled entirely in quads, important when it comes to materials and textures. So much of the time has been on the bike, but the lighting and materials has proved quite a challenge also... there's other animation and post production done, and obviously still to do..

pekbro wrote:Cant wait to see this :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smvCnbGpdu0

Return to “Instruments”