GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

Dullee wrote:
can’t decide for the life of me which one to get
wait a little for Blue3 version 2, may be very well worth it. coming this year.
Hard to imagine how they could improve it-- it's perfect as-is! :love:

[quote="abernathy"]GUI is not resizable./quote] I totally agree on that, it should be resizable as in BLUE3. Cheers.

Where are the inverted keys presets on BLUE3? Did Ray forgot to include them or am I missing something?

Presets are in Blue3 Version 2.0! And foot-pedals on-screen.

I just installed it... looks/sounds great!

Tom

Wow the new version of Blue 3 looks great!! Downloading the demo now to compare to AcousticSamples B5!

And that sweet Blue3 v2 includes the separate Spin effect.

tkearneyone wrote:Presets are in Blue3 Version 2.0! And foot-pedals on-screen.

I just installed it... looks/sounds great!

Tom
Totally! And a free upgrade for those who already have version 1.0!!!! :tu:

Can people take the Blue 3 stuff to the Blue 3 threads, seems a bit unfair. Comparisons are reasonable but not cluttering up the thread with announcements etc.

aMUSEd wrote:Can people take the Blue 3 stuff to the Blue 3 threads, seems a bit unfair. Comparisons are reasonable but not cluttering up the thread with announcements etc.
Ditto :!:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Jelly wrote:Played VB3-II in church on Sunday. Great sound, until the AU crashed Mainstage with notes still sounding. Gutted!!
Anyone else had problems? Standalone version maybe?
Really want this one to work.
Just to follow up on this, I’ve had no further problems at all playing VB3-II live - which I’ve been doing a lot (I bought a Mojo as I’m enjoying it so much, but still waiting for the case to arrive!)

At this stage I’m happy to chalk my one problem down to user error :)

Kees49 wrote:I tried v II and I didn't like it at all. Version I sounds more 3D and have a very nice, authentic whine in the sound, which I both don't hear back in v II. I don't understand how this is possible... :roll:
I agree. That is where I bought BLUE3 from GG Audio. Guido has been great over the years but VB3 II sounds different from Vb3 which I purchased a long time ago.

Yes it sounds different. It sounds better as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone know which leslie he used for the impulse/cabinet responses on the new v1.1? Is it a 122?

Also, glad Guido gave the output a boost. It's always difficult to objectively compare when one plugin is so much louder than the another.
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

I don't use IR convolution, it's all old fashioned cabinet modeling. I took impulses out of all my Leslies (a 122 with 147 amp, a 147 and a 145) but didn't use any of them because I like the existing model better, which, however, is based on a 147.

I might be replacing my modeling with IR in the future, but it's not a priority for me. Right now I'm focusing on some details about the keyclick and the cross-talk that are found in real Hammonds but none of the clones I have tested have ever approached. I'm taling about details, small things that will probably not make any real difference to 99% of users, things that 99% of long time Hammond owners have probably never noticed, but they are there. Small details like these tell a Hammond and a clone apart. And I plan to introduce them in the next release.

About the Leslies... I dare to tell my own opinion about that wonderful 50% of the Hammond sound: the real differences between 122 and 147 models are very subtle, almost unperceivable as long as we're talking about well mantained Leslies. If there's some difference it's between the tall models (122, 147) and their low counterparts (142, 145), but it's only because the horn is at a lower level, more distant from the ears when you sit at a B3, but if you put microphones in front of them, they all sound the same. Since a Leslie simulator reproduces the sound of a well recorded Leslie (because the final result is a stereo signal that goes to two distinct channels), it can be either a 147, a 122 or a low boy there's really little to no difference. But with the right parameter set (balance between highs and lows, mic distance and angle, etc.) you can really accomplish a vast variety of results.

Offering simulations of a 122 or of a 147 is, imho, maybe just a commercial thing, nothing more. It's a common stereotype that a 122 is more suitable for jazz and a 147 is more suitable for rock, but it's false... they can be interchanged. My 122 has a 147 amp and sounds identical to the other 147, and they all three sound actually the same... when you A/B/C them you can't really tell any difference between them. I think this was the main purpose of the original designer (Donald Leslie?), and if it was, he succeded big time.

The other models sound different, and I'm talking about the stage line (760, 770, etc.) or the Rotosonics (715, 415, and so on), mostly because they're based on solid state amps, have different cabinet structures, different speaker set or positioning inside the cabinet, the Rotosonics also have active rotating elements and static channels... You can surely hear a difference between a 147 and a 715! :D

I couldn't have asked for a better answer than to get it from the developer himself! Thank you for shedding light for me! It's a hybrid monster, j/k. I should've realized that if you used IR, the file size could have been much bigger!

I'll agree the click is something that bugs me with most clones/vst's -- that and absurdly loud/piercing percussion. Click is something people can feel (esp in funk or ballads with lower DB settings) but can't put their finger on usually.

What an amazing time to be a keyboardist!
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

Return to “Instruments”