GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

jojoB3 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:37 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:11 am
I can judge anything I want with the experience that I have. Your opinion is just that, opinion, and you can't tell me what I can or cannot do. :)
Nobody is telling you what you can and can't do. I'm telling you your views on any Hammond sim's accuracy isn't quite worth a spit to me compared to those who deal with the real thing often.
You're not really adding anything productive to the thread with your charges.

Give the average user a little benefit of the doubt...most of us can think critically enough to pose the same question as yourself.

For most, browsing and/or listening to audio examples and comparisons of real B3's are fine enough.

If a person enjoys the tone, it all becomes trivial anyway.

I love the VB3-II for most Hammond duties but I also use the B5 for a fatter sound when needed. The key for me is the Leslie. I don't like any of the Leslie sims and I've heard all of them but the MeldaProduction MVintageRotary is the best. It's got it's problems like how they engineered wind noise into the program and it can't be turned down or off but it's the best ITB out there. I've owned 3 Hammonds and a Leslie 145 in my almost 60 years on earth.

Twrogstudio wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:25 pm So happy to see this released. Sounds great, although I wish some of the presets were matched a bit closer to the original. The new version is technically great, but I’ll be tweaking a bit before I delete 1.4.
I consider them two different instruments. I still use 1.4 with it's built in Leslie for rock songs we play such as "Us and Them". For blues rock (Allman Brothers etc) and soul I use VB3 II with the IK Leslie.

long time no hear, Guido? what's next on update schedule?

I've got VB3 and VB3II. I agree that I will probably keep both in my plugin list for a while. I kind of thought it would be a 1-1 swap but it isn't. It has it's own sound. Both are good.

Hi all,
Did anyone manage to install VB3 II on a Receptor yet?
Any chance, any clues??
If not which is the last version which worked?

Many thanks!

Neil

So is this worth the money to upgrade from the original?

where is Guido?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
My 2 cents: I have a Hammond C3 and Leslie. I don't play it that often but occasionally. I have used many Hammond simulators (I bought everything):
Voce V3-It was OK, but Hammond chorus and the Leslie effect sucked.
NI B4- I liked it. I set the Leslie up to closely match my Leslie
NI B4II- It never sounded near as good as the first B4, no matter how I tried
GSI VB3 -I really liked it. But it had some sort of mid frequency boost. I A/B'd it to my Hammond, and it was definitely an anomaly to the GSI VB3 to. Other than that, they did a good job. But I couldn't get past that rogue frequency. If they have released an update, I will check it out.
Arturia B3-V-I just tried the demo version. I hated the presets, didn't particularly like it
GG Audio Blue3-Excellent. The best (now tied)
Latest Arturia B3-V (I own V collection 7). Ignore the presets. It sounds excellent if you use it manually and make your own. I think it's on par with the Blue3.

https://imgur.com/a/3z4RV7W#5klQzKQ (https://imgur.com/a/3z4RV7W#5klQzKQ)

mike_mcroberts wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 pm GSI VB3 -I really liked it. But it had some sort of mid frequency boost. I A/B'd it to my Hammond, and it was definitely an anomaly to the GSI VB3 to. Other than that, they did a good job. But I couldn't get past that rogue frequency. If they have released an update, I will check it out.
You're in VB3-II thread, so yeah there is an update. :)

Also, did you try global options in VB3, there are three different organ types and tonewheel scaling functionality, which could help in your case.

Also, did you try global options in VB3, there are three different organ types and tonewheel scaling functionality, which could help in your case.

I tried all those.

Well, there's another thing you could do with VB3 only, if you want to bother. Use one instance of VB3, disable Leslie on it, then after it put an EQ and do a surgery on the midrange of the spectrum that satisfies you. Then another VB3 instance just for Leslie effect (or a separate Leslie plugin, whatever floats your boat). :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:17 am
mike_mcroberts wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 pm GSI VB3 -I really liked it. But it had some sort of mid frequency boost. I A/B'd it to my Hammond, and it was definitely an anomaly to the GSI VB3 to. Other than that, they did a good job. But I couldn't get past that rogue frequency. If they have released an update, I will check it out.
I did some A/B comparing between the unprocessed NI samples and GSi VB3 sounded nearly identical.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

VB3's Leslie and distortion is much better tho. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:43 pm Well, there's another thing you could do with VB3 only, if you want to bother. Use one instance of VB3, disable Leslie on it, then after it put an EQ and do a surgery on the midrange of the spectrum that satisfies you. Then another VB3 instance just for Leslie effect (or a separate Leslie plugin, whatever floats your boat). :)
I actually have been EQing the frequency anamoly out just for the plugin. I haven't tried splitting it. It's completely usable with EQ added.

Return to “Instruments”