GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

Yep if you actually talked with Guido you'd see that he really is a pretty cool guy. :D

Update is 75€ + VAT, which is fine. I can get it without VAT since I own a company. :)

EvilDragon wrote:Yep if you actually talked with Guido you'd see that he really is a pretty cool guy. :D

Update is 75€ + VAT, which is fine. I can get it without VAT since I own a company. :)
Being a good guy doesn't always equate to making good business decisions. For years I couldn't run the x64 VB3 in Studio One and the response was basically that it worked there with not much follow up to try to understand what the problem was. I didn't love that support. And GSi, at a few points, appeared to entirely abandon VST development for a several year stretches at a time. That's not a big deal when the plugins work and you have serial number protection, but it's a different story with C/R protection vs. serials IMO.

If there's a change back to serial/keyfile protection, I might even be willing to gamble, especially if it's really a fantastic upgrade to what I already have, but I personally wouldn't buy a C/R protected plugin from Guido based on the past.

I like VB3 but really upgrade for 75 eur it's a much. What's new though ? except new UI (for Win users)

I bought all of their plug-ins in 2009. But I would like to pay now another 75 EUR? No, I will not.

It’s out, it’s fantastic!

I wonder how people think this compares to Blue 3 (especially as it is a little bit less)?

Was demoing Blue3. Just uninstalled the demo :)

I wonder if someone with GSI VB3 1.4 and a MOJO might be eligible for an additional discount… :pray:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

The sound quality is totally different different from v1.4, as said by EvilDragon, it's pretty much the inside of the Mojo.

I had the chance to work with Guido on making the GUI, it's a project started in 2013 (skeuomorphic was still cool haha)... and then GSI changes its strategy and pushes the hardware side of the GSI/CRUMAR forward. Few years after, VB3II project was back on track, on a different platform (I'm not a dev, so I couldn't be specific), and now and here it is!

I couldn't give an honest review as I'm involved in the project but I also use B5 since it came out, and I must say, while some parts are more realistic in B5, The resonances are much nicer in VB3II and the ease of use and the efficiency to reach for the sound you are after is great in VB3II. I guess it's the classic sample vs modeling pros and cons...

About the update price, vb3 is just not the same B3 emulation than VB3 II, it's a completely different software, the best is still to download the demo to compare by yourself. Consider it as owning the exact sound of a CRUMAR Mojo.

I wouldn't worry too much about the authorization system: those who sent an email to Guido, during the time while GSI "looks dead", those know that it wasn't the case as they where releasing a new hardware every years as GSI/CRUMAR. I don't know if GSI is back on the software side, but they never been away from developing musical instruments anyway.

So Crumar Mojo is just running this software internally?

EDIT yes I see

http://www.crumar.it/?a=showproduct&b=4
Crumar raises its standards with the release of the MOJO, a compact, portable, lightweight, elegant, easy to use and affordable dual manual tonewheel organ simulation which offers the best simulated organ sound available on the market today at the best price with the best performance ever! MOJO is powered by GSi VB3 Version II.
So does the plugin version also do this?
At the push of a button you can have additional sounds such as two of the most famous transistor organs of the beat age, and two of the most sought after electric piano sounds of all times.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think the differences are mainly in the options and the tweaking available, but the core engine is the same

So does the plugin version also do this?

At the push of a button you can have additional sounds such as two of the most famous transistor organs of the beat age, and two of the most sought after electric piano sounds of all times.
No, it does one thing and it does it good: tonewheel organ. There is a lot of different hammond organs emulated though: 22 models from the A/B/C series, all from actual organs. See the generator option. the differences are subtle but it's a nice addition: some of them will have different keyclick, or will be more drive sensitive, ...

I see, I guess it also includes bits of their other plugins then (but doesn't say so)

pyer wrote:vb3 is just not the same B3 emulation than VB3 II, it's a completely different software, the best is still to download the demo to compare by yourself. Consider it as owning the exact sound of a CRUMAR Mojo.
@pyer:
Do you know if VB3II has bespoke provisions for being controlled and played from a Crumar MOJO, in the same way as B5 but ideally just 'plug'n'play'?

That would make it interesting for me as a MOJO owner – instead of having to pipe the MOJO analog output into my sound card, the whole process could be in the box.

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

rasmusklump wrote:90 EUR upgrade for a plugin that costed 50,00 EUR and didn't get updates for a decade and sneaking in c/r.
Has put me off from upgrading too. :neutral: But I'm currently skint on hobby money anyway :hihi:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”