One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The scrooo

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #113! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... ge-113-the

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

The scrooo is a polyphonic software synthesizer plug-in for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU) based on a spectral formant synthesis architecture and written in native C++ code for high performance.
It kicks ass. It really does, just download it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHKGMg5Az8

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Soundemote and Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Sonimus : Any one Plugin

Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster One (May be a waiting period on this one, sorry)

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music or here : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Fullbuckets Scroooo :D
Updated tab @top for synth location
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Wow this has never been done before? I might have to carve time for this one too. I've been curious about playing with it seriously.

functionform wrote:Wow this has never been done before? I might have to carve time for this one too. I've been curious about playing with it seriously.
Its v nice :)
Can anyone confirm no1 formant arrows not working, all the rest seem ok so far!? As I wrote this, Amp 2'AM1 both move, doesn't happen on Amp 1 :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I will check this once I am back at my lab.

Cheers, Björn

It kicks ass. It really does, just download it.
:lol: This is awesome
quick, _ake what you want in life

Well thanks to Scroo I was up till 4 am last night. My Monday morning is scrooed indeed.

Eauson wrote:
functionform wrote:Wow this has never been done before? I might have to carve time for this one too. I've been curious about playing with it seriously.
Its v nice :)
Can anyone confirm no1 formant arrows not working, all the rest seem ok so far!? As I wrote this, Amp 2'AM1 both move, doesn't happen on Amp 1 :)
I've had no problems with the arrow buttons being unresponsive. The arrows for panning and pan-mod controls on both amplifiers seem to be reversed though... clicking left pans to the right. Using version 1.2.0.
Apart from that, love this noisy box :D

Yes, the arrows of the "Range"-parameter at "Formant 1" also don't work in my DAW (Cubase elements/win64/scrooo-vers. 1.2.0). Dito with the Amp 2 arrows.

I'm really enjoying this. I took to it like a fish. Strange how some synths really connect with you but I also have a weakness for spectral or additive synths. I've had a concept in mind for a synth that I've been planning to build in Reaktor later this year that honestly isn't too dissimilar from the scroo concept, but more behind the scenes.

Not what one would call a 'fat' synth. :)
Should be a fun challenge.

Confirmed, the li'l arrows only work if the Formant mode is set to "Partial" or "Ring". And the Amp2 AM arrows are entangled, too. :oops: I'll provide a fix asap.
jasinski wrote:Not what one would call a 'fat' synth. :)
In fact that's what I always think, too. But be careful, this one can scrooo your loudspeakers... make sure the Clip button is always engaged... :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

jasinski wrote:Not what one would call a 'fat' synth. :)
Should be a fun challenge.
Yeah, but full bucket synths are sooooooo low on cpu that you can stack about 80 instances and get a very fat sound 8) .
I might try to break the instance count record... again.

Full Bucket wrote:Confirmed, the li'l arrows only work if the Formant mode is set to "Partial" or "Ring". And the Amp2 AM arrows are entangled, too. :oops: I'll provide a fix asap.
OK, should be fixed with the new version 1.2.1. :pray:

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote: In fact that's what I always think, too. But be careful, this one can scrooo your loudspeakers... make sure the Clip button is always engaged... :hihi:
Thanks for the warning! :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”