Advice on string machines please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love that divide-down saw sound that made the early string machines so great. Fabulous.

But all the ones I've seen are pricey, like UVI or Syntronik.

Do you know any lower cost alternatives?

I know syntronik only charge for the string module, but I'm waiting for a good deal from IK Multimedia before I get Syntronik, then I'd like to get the lot.

Love to hear your suggestions

thanx = kevvvvv :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

If you find these too pricey, you're not going to find much.
I would not call these pricey.

But if you have Reaktor, there is the free "Eminent-V310 String Ensemble".
There is also a free Reaktor player.

GForce VSM. But not exactly cheap at $119.

the old DCAM Synth Squad had a string machines emulation, and it can be had for pretty cheap when on sale.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I've recently bought Puremagnetik String Machines XL bundle for $9.99 when it was on sale.

Yesterday I tried accessing the mellotron library I bought from IKMM a few years back. They asked for a $10 fee to allow downloads for me from their site for the next 180 days.

I'd think twice before buying anything from a company that does that, even on sale.

This is free / donationware:

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/deputy.html

puremagnetik samples sound great.

Price is still v reasonable, around what I wanted to pay.

Thanks Etienne :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Yikes, sorry I'm late for the party.

Stringer by sonic projects $55USD
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I think that the best sound you get for a string machine is from a real emulation, not a sample pack.

Currently, you have Solina V, from Arturia (part of the Arturia Collection), Poly-M and Xils V+ from Xils-Lab, and the Eminent-V 310 Strings Ensemble (a Reaktor Ensemble). You also have Full Bucket Nabla (an emulation of the Korg Delta). Both the Reaktor ensemble the Full Bucket emulation are free.

There were older emulations I also liked, from Wok (Cromina) and Night Flight (but these are 32-bit only).
Last edited by fmr on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Solina Redux from Sonivox. :hihi:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

fmr wrote:I think that the best sound you get for a string machine is from a real emulation, not a sample pack.

Currently, you have Solina V, from Arturia (part of the Arturia Collection), Poly-M and Xils V+ from Xils-Lab, and the Eminent-V 310 Strings Ensemble (a Reaktor Ensemble). You also have Full Bucket Nabla (an emulation of the Korg Delta). Both the Reaktor ensemble the Full Bucket emulation are free.

There were older emulations I also liked, from Wok (Cromina) and Night Flight (but these are 32-bit only).
Another worthy contender: Loomer String

http://www.loomer.co.uk/string.htm
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

Arturia Solina V

I have been playing around with these a lot lately, and have just purchased the upgrade to UVI String Machines 2. I haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces yet, but can second the recommendation for Loomer String - it really is excellent.

Return to “Instruments”