Dexed Librarian [TEASER]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:19 pm Any news on this ?
seconded :phones:

:hyper:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Turd :hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Still working on this? :love:

No.

Neutrino.sky posted over in the Synth1 Librarian thread that he was stopping further new plugin development work, due to new business ventures. He seems to have released a couple of minor bug fix patches for the Synth1 Librarian.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=496615&p=7264331#p7264331

zzz00m wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:16 pm No.

Neutrino.sky posted over in the Synth1 Librarian thread that he was stopping further new plugin development work, due to new business ventures. He seems to have released a couple of minor bug fix patches for the Synth1 Librarian.

Ha! Dosent surprise me. Synth1 librarian is one of the worst plugins ive tried. Tedious to set up. Didnt work so i gave up.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:46 am
zzz00m wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:16 pm No.

Ha! Dosent surprise me. Synth1 librarian is one of the worst plugins ive tried. Tedious to set up. Didnt work so i gave up.
Ha! Complaining about something that a developer devoted many hours to, and then generously gives away for others to use for free, is quite lame.

It works perfectly for me! I just followed the directions. :D

I don't have any problem either with it. It works perfect for the usage it's been made, following the directions written by the author ans the videos demos to learn its use:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAMS ... +Librarian
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:42 pm I don't have any problem either with it. It works perfect for the usage it's been made, following the directions written by the author ans the videos demos to learn its use:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAMS ... +Librarian
Thanks for the link! :tu:

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:25 pmAnd yes, the amount of presets which have been made for the Yamaha DX7 is so high that it needs a brand new type of memory management in the style of an internal database (with at least an index and perhaps even several indices) to reduce the huge memory hog.
Someone did some research on all the DX patches available online. It turns out the vast majority of them are duplicates, saved under different names. (The fellow who did the research posted about it on Twitter, but I don't have a link handy.)

It would be terrific, if this utility could help find and remove all the duplicates.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:59 am
It would be terrific, if this utility could help find and remove all the duplicates.
Yep, that is one of the great features of the Synth1 Librarian version.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming number of DX compatible patches available, the dev soon realized that he was facing the task of coding a full blown database system that could handle them all.

Probably a bit much for a volunteer dev working for free.

McLilith wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:59 am
Someone did some research on all the DX patches available online. It turns out the vast majority of them are duplicates, saved under different names. (The fellow who did the research posted about it on Twitter, but I don't have a link handy.)
Curious... !

Because it is precisely the work that I did in 2014 (it needed 6 months) to finally compile this file that you can download in the middle of Dexed's webpage : Download it... and read the file "Version and Readme.txt" which is at the root. It explains all the work that I did.

The first time I talked about that huge work was here (24 Aug 2014). Then I made several "beta" versions (0.x), then I released the version 1.0 here (05 Jan 2015).

And a guy now says that he did the work ? And he announces that on Twitter ? Problem: I don't have any account on Twitter nor on any social network...
:?

It took me 6 months to make that monstrous work of patience and meticulousness (in French we say "a work of benedictine"), removing one by one all the dupe files having several filenames in the different collections and even within a same collection, repairing some files which were broken (and there are others which probably remain), leaving away all those too much broken and all those badly converted to TX816, etc., all that work using several scripts I did in VBA and an hexadecimal editor.

I would be curious to compare the content of "his file" with the content of mine. I wouldn't be surprised to find practically the same file with the same organization of directories, etc...
:roll:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Fyi: Dexed is up to version 0.9.4 dated Apr 29 2018, available at the Dexed website.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:19 pm Fyi: Dexed is up to version 0.9.4 dated Apr 29 2018, available at the Dexed website.
Thanks for the notice. I just updated my copy. :)
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Return to “Instruments”