Yamaha CS-80 vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great singing too

That is, because for you a playing skill is related to some kind of virtuosity. Neither he nor I claimed any virtuosity. You don‘t need to like his music to recognize musicality btw...

Skill not related to virtuosity? What does that mean?

(sorry, English is my first language)

I was talking about expression. Old fashioned keyboards can add that with aftertouch and mod wheel, though not polyphonic. To play a simple melody you don‘t need virtuosity, but the way you phrase it with at least velocity does make a huge difference. With an expressive controller your options explode...
With a cembalo your only option to add expression is eventually virtuosity...

Skill leads to virtuosity.

All the rest is interesting but unrelated.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:16 am I was talking about expression. Old fashioned keyboards can add that with aftertouch and mod wheel, though not polyphonic. To play a simple melody you don‘t need virtuosity, but the way you phrase it with at least velocity does make a huge difference. With an expressive controller your options explode...
With a cembalo your only option to add expression is eventually virtuosity...
What does playing keyboard with an expression have anything to do with producing and adding variations manualy? If you were born much later im sure you would have a totaly different expierience, mindset and viewpoint, your collegues would be not keyboard players who has no musical knowledge but making melodies for the tracks that get millions of plays and you would only think about something like keyboard playing and expression seeing old folks babling that keyboard playing skills are essential for producing good music :lol: rable rable rable

90% of my stuff is moused in. That's fine.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:30 am :lol: rable rable rable
I have ears to distinguish expressive and touching music from constructed cold beats who's only aim is to keep the people on the dance floor...
But it might be just my taste, I do love some of the dance tracks a lot, they usually do have expression in there... I don't care about young versus old. In any style you find 5% very good music, 45% just average (the rest is crap...). Average is sufficient to make money, most listeners are happy if the music fits their style taste...
But beware, the average music production will be made by AI in the future, better get enough skills to produce the 5% top notch...
I don't mind if you place it by mousing, but I doubt you will be fast that way to add expression... Playing an expressive instrument is the direct interface from brain to audience - call it real time music...

but if you're playing an instrument, how do you "wave you hands in the air, like you just dont care"? granddad.

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:54 pm but if you're playing an instrument, how do you "wave you hands in the air, like you just dont care"? granddad.

must be a kazoo

AnX wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:46 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:54 pm but if you're playing an instrument, how do you "wave you hands in the air, like you just dont care"? granddad.

must be a kazoo
or theremin.

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:50 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:46 pm

must be a kazoo
or theremin.
or.....

laser harp!

do i look like an alien?

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:37 pm do i look like an alien?
what does an alien look like?

the guy in the pic id guess.
or predator.

Return to “Instruments”