One Synth Challenge #114: Crystal by Green Oak (mehum wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Crystal

Congrats winners! :party:
bjporter wrote: Awesome songs! :party: :party: Announcing long time OSC member RichardSemper is now an OSC organizer. Reach out to him or me for anything. Welcome Richard!
This is an important moment for the OSC. Welcome Richard Semper! :party:
quick, _ake what you want in life

Frostline wrote:

Code: Select all

Soundcloud File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick.

Soundcloud entry MUST have downloads enabled

The DAW/host, all FX used, and how many instances of the synth and FX was used.
Interesting code you've got there... Nice pun :hihi:
SparkySpark wrote: Nice! Reminds me of an instrumental track of DM on Ultra (but yours is catchier). Makes me wanna reconnect with this classic synth.
Thanks, that's very flattering. That reminds me that the important thing for all of us to remember is that, although the OSC is the catalyst for us to create this music, the music itself and the inspiration that it provides are the most valuable rewards.
quick, _ake what you want in life

Wow, thanks a lot you all! :love:

And great work, all of you! There's great satisfaction in just participating and actually finishing a piece of music and this challenge has at least helped me getting out of those 8-bar loops and mustering up the motivation to get done. Knowing people enjoy at least some of what you do is cherry on top :phones:

As for price, I'll go for the Tantra!

And if Spotify is still on the table; go for it!

Congratz top five! Really well done :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Huh :oops: I did not think that I will be in top 5 with this track especially now when I found that I have uploaded wrong version :D . I made mistake while uploading and uploaded older version instead more clean final version and I do blame soundcloud that it break the sound of track. I am really dumb :dog: .

But congrats to all who joined and their hard work and sorry if you do not like how I distributed points. It was really close and no much point difference.

As for the prize I'll pass and for spotify I will repeat what mehum said: "if Spotify is still on the table; go for it!" Also congrats to mehum for 1st place.

Since I have alot of crashes with next synth I will skip and do track for The Open Source Music FM Synthesizer Challenge - https://fmchallenge.osamc.de/

Congrats to all the participants, the winners and the organization - it has been incredibly fun. :clap:
I'm not taking part on challenge #115 but I'm pretty sure I'll be back with you all in #116!
:tu:
------------------------------
Check out my music:
Bandcamp - https://timecrawler82.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/timecrawler82

Frostline wrote:

Soundcloud File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick.

Soundcloud entry MUST have downloads enabled

The DAW/host, all FX used, and how many instances of the synth and FX was used.
Damn, not following any of these rules and therefore kicked myself out of the top 5 if people realy deducting points...shrugged of, I'm not good in counting and my nicks match...
Well done winners!

Congratulations to mehum and the other winners.

One final question: I'd like to delete my track from my Soundcloud account before too long, but I guess that would seem like treating OSC badly as the playlists are normally kept available?

TrojakEW wrote: [...] and do track for The Open Source Music FM Synthesizer Challenge - https://fmchallenge.osamc.de/
Have you already chosen your synth for the FM Challenge?

By the way. If somebody is looking for another challenge. Stop by at THE SONGWRITING COMPETITION
THE SONGWRITING COMPETITION NEEDS YOUR HELP

The Songwriting Competition is now a year old and we're currently running
SWC013. But we're constantly struggling for participants. I'd love to see
10 submissions per month, ideally even 15 on average.

Please do spread the word about this fun little game. The focus is not
necessarily on always showing your A game. The main idea is to create
content in the first place and spark a conversation through giving feedback
to each other. The more participants, the more interaction, the more
interesting the game.

The theme of SWC013 is "Dark Corners of the Mind", and the genre is free to
select. More information can be found through the following link:

https://mix-challenge.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Wow! 5th place! :o Didn't see that coming. thanks everyone. Of course, congrats to the other top 4!!!! :clap:

Just want to say a big "HI" to Richard! :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

dB

] Peter:H [ wrote:Have you already chosen your synth for the FM Challenge?
Going to try Dexed. Never tried this one so I just want to check it out.

That SONGWRITING COMPETITION is interesting but there is no way to join. Don't have that much free time. :cry:

Congrats to the winners :tu:

Interesting synth this month, tried it ages ago. Quite a challenge to use without samples, so well done to all who participated. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Unfortunately i have not had time to enter lately, but rest assured will be back soon!

and big hi to doctorbob :hug: congrats on 5th place :hug:

thank you 574x :D I will do my best to help keep things running smoothly 8)

Congrats to the winners, and congrats to the others for taking part :tu: I hope you all enjoyed this round :)
onerob wrote:One final question: I'd like to delete my track from my Soundcloud account before too long, but I guess that would seem like treating OSC badly as the playlists are normally kept available?
Well, usually all the tracks get downloaded by the OSC admins and are made available on the OSC homepage. I don't know if this is going to happen :?: The last synth where I've seen this being done was Zebralette almost a year ago.
bjporter wrote: Awesome songs! :party: :party: Announcing long time OSC member RichardSemper is now an OSC organizer. Reach out to him or me for anything. Welcome Richard!
Cool to hear this! :hyper:

Nice to see Richard Semper joining as an OSC's organizer from now on. Together with bjporter is going to be a great team for sure. :tu:

Glad to be in the top five for second time, two months in a row in the 4th place. Lucky me. :party:

Thanks for the votes and the comments. :D

Has Transmaster133 seen his result yet? Needs to choose a prize! Maybe BJ/RS needs to PM him? Not everyone reads the OSC threads regularly.

dB

Return to “Instruments”