Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
aMUSEd
KVRAF
29655 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:00 am

Yes they are - well the recent ones are

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2210 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:19 am

jancivil wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:F have finally completed their XPansion and from here on will be known as F-All :)
apparently :lol:

Are their synth type of instruments MPE now that it's Roli? I'm very interested in this. (In Cubendo an instrument doesn't have to be in order to be 5D (there are videos, my mind is not retaining that information atm) but this is a workaround.).
Strobe2 is and Cypher2 will be.
MPE with Strobe2 is really, really a class of its own!

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2210 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 am

jancivil wrote:My issue at their forum: 1 view in 36 hrs. Which mighta been me.

bleak
That’s because there are no problems with their stuff!

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Amberience
KVRAF
7018 posts since 7 Mar, 2003 from Climbing the walls inside my mind

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 am

We're still alive. Or at least... I hope so.... otherwise all this work I've been doing was a complete waste of time! :P

As has been pointed out, the KvR forum hasn't been FX's main forum in years and years, and tbh forums in general are no longer what they used to be. No-one uses them comparatively. The FX forum has some issues which we're unable to magically insto-fix so for now we're fighting spam manually. Which sucks, but it's the way it is.

Development is still underway. A Cypher2 beta landed this week actually, and I'm beavering away on BFD and audio engineering stuff daily.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Aloysius
KVRAF
22088 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:52 am

Yeah, breaker one nine
This here's the Rubber Duck
You got a copy on me Ben [KVR], c'mon

Uh, yeah, Ten-Four Ben [KVR], fer sure, fer sure
By golly it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, its a big Ten-Four there Ben [KVR]
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we've got us A Convo about FXPansion ...

Convo ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss
I didn't get where I am today ...

Grizzellda
KVRist
489 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:31 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Grizzellda wrote:Sure it can get retarded here
Says the guy/gal who bought a license from a company they're not sure is "real", but doesn't register said license through fear that the company that they're not sure is real will continue to not be real into the future.

I really have no clue what you mean.
Snarky! And well played! I like it and got a nice laugh ...:wink: :lol: but please consider this:

I got Geist on a 50% sale, and I think that FXpansion is real enough to spend $100.00. "But not $200.00", says the ever-so-thrifty KVR shopper! :hihi: I would need to see more progress from them.

Also demo'd Strobe 2 earlier and there is alot of good stuff there, but it was unstable, and built for a modern HD monitor, which I don't yet have.

As for registering, if I wanted to sell it, that would cost an additional $50.00, if you didn't already know.

But with well over 10,000 posts, you probably know... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: SNARKY! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
martinjuenke wrote:Seldom read such a BS as this OP! Go to <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">ROLI.com</span> and you see what‘s going on... One of the big players in creation... ROLI (hardware), FXpansion (software) and Blend (community) seamlessly working together with a unique selling prosposition (MPE). But you f**king surely will not f**king grasp that f**king development. That‘s so f**king! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for playing but I am not digg'n the rude. Snarky is cool, but rude is not...but I am an alright dude and I am going to attempt to tell you what I think I grasp here.

Of course I didn't really do any checking on how long their KVR forum has been "archival". Just totally overlooked that, silly really. It only goes back 3 pages now.

So I easily understand why some of you said my OP was ridiculous. I could have checked it out first. But as I said to jan, their official forum is also not so great. It does not inspire confidence, seems kinda desolate. I still think a good active forum helps.

Roli is a modern company interested in progressing the software/hardware paradigm into new, organic and holistic territories. They seem like a next generation type of company. But they also seem a good deal bigger than FXpansion, and it might be that many of FXpansion's contributions may be absorbed to go toward Roli stuff, not their original products. :shrug: :shrug:

Which was the whole point of this, I think. It was what I have been wondering about. But if they really are going to give a solid effort to make new versions of their stuff that integrates seamlessly with Roli hardware, I would likely be impressed.

That is what I am "grasping" out of all this, and I will keep watching it. :hihi: 8)

Grizzellda
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:08 am

Amberience wrote:We're still alive. Or at least... I hope so.... otherwise all this work I've been doing was a complete waste of time! :P
Hey man, nice to hear from someone at FXpansion. Please read my last recent post, I would appreciate it.
Amberience wrote:As has been pointed out, the KvR forum hasn't been FX's main forum in years and years, and tbh forums in general are no longer what they used to be. No-one uses them comparatively.
I disagree. Maybe even an insult to KVR? :shrug: :shrug: You guys probably have alot of customers here.
Amberience wrote:Development is still underway. A Cypher2 beta landed this week actually, and I'm beavering away on BFD and audio engineering stuff daily.
I'm delighted to hear this. Is there anything you could tell us about how your products down the line will integrate with Roli hardware? Any specific comments about Geist?
Last edited by Grizzellda on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071
KVRAF
17037 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 am

Aloysius wrote:Yeah, breaker one nine
This here's the Rubber Duck
You got a copy on me Ben [KVR], c'mon

Uh, yeah, Ten-Four Ben [KVR], fer sure, fer sure
By golly it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, its a big Ten-Four there Ben [KVR]
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we've got us A Convo about FXPansion ...

Convo ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss
Reminds me of GTA 5. Thanks for that. :tu:

chk071
KVRAF
17037 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:14 am

Grizzellda wrote:
Amberience wrote:As has been pointed out, the KvR forum hasn't been FX's main forum in years and years, and tbh forums in general are no longer what they used to be. No-one uses them comparatively.
I disagree. Maybe even an insult to KVR? :shrug: :shrug: You guys probably have alot of customers here.
He's absolutely right though. Forums are more about agitating than anything else these days. Probably the reason why more and more company choose to close them, and go full Facebook or Twitter, where people can merely post one-liners, and the page owners have more control about what is being said and what is not.

People just lack an essential skill when it comes to interaction with other humans you are not able to see, on the net. And that is the responsibility to at least try to act as if it was the real life, where you deal face to face with real people. Of course, that is generalized now, and there are a lot of people who actually do, and, bad examples will always outweigh the good examples. But, there's too much of that anyway.

Grizzellda
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:15 am

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Last edited by Grizzellda on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzellda
KVRist

Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:20 am

I understand your point chk071, well said. :hihi:
Last edited by Grizzellda on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzellda
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:21 am

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

pdxindy
KVRAF
13888 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:31 am

chk071 wrote: He's absolutely right though. Forums are more about agitating than anything else these days. Probably the reason why more and more company choose to close them, and go full Facebook or Twitter, where people can merely post one-liners, and the page owners have more control about what is being said and what is not.
You have far more control in your own dedicated forum than on Facebook... in fact, on Facebook you have no control whatsoever. If you talk about subjects they don't like, you will be censored in a variety of ways... some of which are invisible and completely unaccountable.

For a music company, at this point in time, it's likely still okay enough.

Grizzellda
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:54 am

chk071 wrote:Probably the reason why more and more company choose to close them,
Well, all I can say is that I enjoy talking to developers around here, and I use their products of course. It can even play a part that helps me decide if I should give a company some business.

I will say it again...I would think a software company would wanna be where the interested customers are, where the action is.

KVR... Hey man even IKMultiMerchants are on KVR, and they are a big company! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They prolly don't even need to be here, but they are, because they are smart... :hihi: :lol:

Yeah, I have some IKM stuff and it is great. Shout out to Peter!
Last edited by Grizzellda on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

5Lives
KVRian
502 posts since 10 Nov, 2005 from New York City

Re: Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:23 am

Didn't they just run a Geist2 upgrade sale? I decided not to get it though due to the general lack of updates and improvements to their software in the past few years. And their lack of presence on the forum - say what you will, but hearing from a developer instills confidence in them and their company.

Return to “Instruments”