Zebra 2 Brain Overload

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
low_low
KVRist
362 posts since 20 Jul, 2018

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:29 am

wagtunes wrote:
low_low wrote:I'm glad Zeppelin was able to make music without Windows, that would have sucked, imagine if Page had been all like ... I can't make music because all I have is this electric guitar.
Irrelevant. I could go back to a hardware studio as well. I used one for over 35 years and never even thought of moving to computer. But if you're going to chuck the hardware and go all software, Linux is a piss poor choice, period. This isn't even debatable given how little software Linux supports in this area. So can we please stop with all these stupid straw man arguments. It's tiresome.
Don't blame me for your argument ... you literally said you couldn't have made music w/o the tools you have.

User avatar
Urs
u-he
22410 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:54 am

Any question about Zebra lately?

mevla
KVRAF
1596 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 am

wagtunes wrote: Irrelevant. I could go back to a hardware studio as well. I used one for over 35 years and never even thought of moving to computer. But if you're going to chuck the hardware and go all software, Linux is a piss poor choice, period. This isn't even debatable given how little software Linux supports in this area. So can we please stop with all these stupid straw man arguments. It's tiresome.
Your comments are a bit like the sound sets you make. They share the same total and irrevocable inflexibility IMHO. And that's just IMHO. I guess having a wide array of plugins do not always make things better. :D

recursive one
KVRAF
3678 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 am

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?
What Zebra?
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...

User avatar
Ranoka
KVRist
97 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from UK

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:17 am

I'm new around here. Is this thread peak KVR?

low_low
KVRist
362 posts since 20 Jul, 2018

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:19 am

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?
No, but there was much praise for the linux support.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
7623 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 am

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?
:lol:
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
13400 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 am

low_low wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
low_low wrote:I'm glad Zeppelin was able to make music without Windows, that would have sucked, imagine if Page had been all like ... I can't make music because all I have is this electric guitar.
Irrelevant. I could go back to a hardware studio as well. I used one for over 35 years and never even thought of moving to computer. But if you're going to chuck the hardware and go all software, Linux is a piss poor choice, period. This isn't even debatable given how little software Linux supports in this area. So can we please stop with all these stupid straw man arguments. It's tiresome.
Don't blame me for your argument ... you literally said you couldn't have made music w/o the tools you have.
That's right. I can't. My hardware is gone. And even if I still had my hardware studio, I couldn't do the things I can do now. The stuff I use didn't exist in the hardware world. We have tech now that we couldn't even imagine 20 years ago. I am thankful every day for the things I have that allow me to do the things I can do, hardware or software. Linux would NOT allow me to do those things.

You can argue with that all you want (typical for KVR) but it doesn't change the facts.

low_low
KVRist
362 posts since 20 Jul, 2018

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 am

low_low wrote:
Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?
No, but there was much praise for the linux support.
And we all want to know if we should pronounce it the colonial sounding ZEEBRA ...

Image

Or the more elegant posh sounding Zebra (as in Debra) ...

Image

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
6585 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:58 am

Isn't it the other way around?
The english, colonialists? say Zebra like Debra like we do in the Caribbean and the Americans say Zeebra?
rsp
sound sculptist

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
37212 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:06 am

don't tell the americans, but they're still a colony ;) shhhhh!

low_low
KVRist
362 posts since 20 Jul, 2018

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:20 am

zvenx wrote:Isn't it the other way around?
The english, colonialists? say Zebra like Debra like we do in the Caribbean and the Americans say Zeebra?
rsp
Yes, but also in America they say colonial to mean English colonies, referring to the what became the Americans themselves, not the English ...

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
977 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Detroit, MI

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:35 am

mevla wrote: And it prevents you from showing any creation you have made.
Ahhhh, I see. You're "one of those people", who - when cornered - suddenly make it a dance off competition. Again, adorable. :party:

It's not necessary to move the goal posts of the conversation. Let's stay on topic.
Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?
Any idea when Zebra 2 will be ready? :)
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name

spunkmuffin
KVRian
679 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 am

Ranoka wrote:I'm new around here. Is this thread peak KVR?
Yeah it's stuck in a swamp far below base camp. :cry: :clown:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
37212 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:22 am

EnochLight wrote:.
Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?
Any idea when Zebra 2 will be ready? :)
few years back now

Return to “Instruments”