Any soft synth you are waiting for?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A Roland JD990 plugin. The JD990 is my favorite synth of all time and I'm happy Roland Cloud is now a thing and making more and more soft-synths of all their classic gear. While I'm a tiny bit curious about the V-Synth since I only know so much about it, I think my synth desires would be completely satisfied if a JD plugin were finally released. I've been waiting years for one.

Ed A. wrote:
Ben H wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Alchemy 3
Ben did say that Alchemy 2 is coming for PC, and he is an honourable man of great integrity, so I trust his word.
Apple owns Alchemy now, so don’t count on a PC version ever. Ben probably made a boat load of cash dealing with Apple, so good for him. I would have done the same.
Yeah, that was supposed to be sarcastic. :dog:
Last edited by Ben H on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

e@rs wrote:
dangayle wrote:- An iZotope Iris 2 update. I mean, literally, even just some bug fixes or something you bastards
I just bought this one second-hand. iZotope is a company that treats their older products like crap. I don't like this attitude at all.
I'm still using the non-buggy version (V1).
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

starflakeprj wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:Dune 3 & Synthmaster 3 for me!

Also would love an update to Pure Synth Platinum from Gospel Musicians... its like a condensed version of Falcon for UVI Workstation. 1 of my favorites.

This new P2000 from Wusik looks like it would be the perfect utility for combining synths as well.

Not holding my breath, but AIR really should update their plugins to atleast be resizeable.
I haven't seen very much of P2000, but what does it bring to the table that New Sonic Arts Freestyle, DDMF Metaplugin and other similar software don't?
1. Ability to Wavesequence with VSTis rather than wavetables.
2. Round Robin between up to 99 VStis as well
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:Dune 3 & Synthmaster 3 for me!

Also would love an update to Pure Synth Platinum from Gospel Musicians... its like a condensed version of Falcon for UVI Workstation. 1 of my favorites.

This new P2000 from Wusik looks like it would be the perfect utility for combining synths as well.

Not holding my breath, but AIR really should update their plugins to atleast be resizeable.
I haven't seen very much of P2000, but what does it bring to the table that New Sonic Arts Freestyle, DDMF Metaplugin and other similar software don't?
1. Ability to Wavesequence with VSTis rather than wavetables.
2. Round Robin between up to 99 VStis as well
I must check how point one works. Point 2 I can at least achieve in Reason using a Combinator and the Distributor Rack Expansion. Only up to 8 instruments though. On the other hand much more than that will make a hard impact on the active processor core, unless P2000 has some internal multi-core processing.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Stylus RMX vNext (w/Integration into Omnisphere 2 as a satellite app)
Trilian v2

Ben H wrote:
e@rs wrote:
dangayle wrote:- An iZotope Iris 2 update. I mean, literally, even just some bug fixes or something you bastards
I just bought this one second-hand. iZotope is a company that treats their older products like crap. I don't like this attitude at all.
:idea: Maybe I'll ask them to downgrade me... :hihi:

Ben H wrote:
e@rs wrote:
Sorry, a bit OT from my side now, but I have heard a lot of Iris being buggy, but I have never actually noticed it myself. I'm no power user though, and use Iris quite little. What are the bugs that are most annoying?

Otherwise I totally agree with people bashing iZotope for not releasing updates, or even bugfixes. It's like they think their software is perfect and free of bugs after first release (I know they usually release one or two smaller updates with bugfixes, but that's all). And a year later they release a new version and expect us to pay up, which we are stupid enough to do :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

c_voltage wrote:Virsyn Tera vsti, repaired and with all working modules, somewhen (or someday? how more right in english) maybe.
I've given up on VirSyn. They used to be one of my favorite developers, but now I'm constantly plagued with problems with their plugins and they never seem to update them, or if they do, it's always a hassle to update them. As a business, they suck.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

starflakeprj wrote:(...) unless P2000 has some internal multi-core processing.
It has. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK
Last edited by WilliamK on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiek927 wrote:A Roland JD990 plugin. The JD990 is my favorite synth of all time and I'm happy Roland Cloud is now a thing and making more and more soft-synths of all their classic gear. While I'm a tiny bit curious about the V-Synth since I only know so much about it, I think my synth desires would be completely satisfied if a JD plugin were finally released. I've been waiting years for one.
+1111

zerocrossing wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Virsyn Tera vsti, repaired and with all working modules, somewhen (or someday? how more right in english) maybe.
I've given up on VirSyn. They used to be one of my favorite developers, but now I'm constantly plagued with problems with their plugins and they never seem to update them, or if they do, it's always a hassle to update them. As a business, they suck.
An update to Tera would blow my mind. I was late to the Virsyn party (i bought Tera and Cube in 2016) but i’m quite thrilled with both. Unfortunately i think all their energy goes to the ios apps. I bought the Tera and Cube app as well as Addictive synth. Tera ios is my favorite on the ipad, i love programming it. Once again i comment it’s a bummer they don’t update the vsts.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

zerocrossing wrote:
Yes, need admit this unprecedented shit. Although I still love their products, who knows, maybe someday conscience will wake up. lol
Edit i say exactly about their VST support, not use apps nor ipad

c_voltage wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
Yes, need admit this unprecedented shit. Although I still love their products, who knows, maybe someday conscience will wake up. lol
Edit i say exactly about their VST support, not use apps nor ipad
I should mention that on a one to one basis Virsyn were extremely nice to me and quite helpful after i had a serious user malfunction with my licenses. Still, it would be good for them to keep the vsts updated. I’ve had no problems but...windoze 7, older (but still decent) machine.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

None. I've hardly scratched the surface of all the ones I've got. Also, how much better or different can a "new" synth get?

I honestly think we've attained 99% of the sounds capable of being synthesized.

In fact a new synth is the last thing I need. Too many options just stifles productivity. Less is more guys.

Return to “Instruments”