Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:08 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 pm Quoted instead of edited :oops:
:roll:
member which side the edit button is next time!
Reported!! :tantrum: :tantrum:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:o

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:13 pm:o
:hug:

im pretty sure if i get reported again this month i win a toaster :shrug:

:lol:

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:15 pm im pretty sure if i get reported again this month i win a toaster :shrug:

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNtqcXkQB3k

v1o wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:45 pm
v1o wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:41 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:36 pm
v1o wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:28 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:55 am

I don't like the way it sounds. What can I tell you? Besides, there's no VST version, correct?
A lot of modern music especially pop/edm has unnatural voices even when its sung by real humans.
All this besides the point. I had to look back through the thread to remind myself why there is no way in hell I'd ever get this.

First of all, still no Windows version.
No VST
Cloud based system.
$200

I'd rather have root canal than buy this thing.
Maybe you should demo it before writing it off completely. They did say Windows is coming at some point.
Demo it on what? My MAC that I don't own?

And there is no way in hell I'm spending $200 on a voice synthesizer.
How much did u spend on Vocaloid?
I got it on sale for $99

Scratch that. $79

What is this thing? I installed it and its kind of mind blowing... I don't like the idea of cloud dependency so the price would have to reflect that. $200 would be way too much. I'd prefer to pay-for-use. Much like other cloud based digital products where there is a free version and a few different paid tiers. It seems weird to go cloud based but sell it as stand-alone.

I have no idea how to use it. I clicked around in the grid and I really liked what I heard! I'd definitely use this. I am going to have to read through the thread because I am confused as to the development of this tool. :phones:

Re: the figure of $200 that keeps gettng cited as the cost of Emvoice One...
it seems to be based on this post from the developer:
rodyy wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm As for pricing, we understand that lots of users are reluctant to pay $200 upfront for a cloud-based instrument, especially from a new company. So we'll offer our voices either in a pure subscription model (monthly fee), or a rent-to-own model, I'm not sure yet.
afaik there's been no mention of real prices yet?

By comparison,
if somebody totally new to Vocaloid wants to buy into the lowest tier of the latest version (V5), itd cost ~$225. Theyd get 4 bundled voices, 2 of which they might not even use bc of the language.

Synthesizer V, another Vocaloid competitor, is $80 for the editor (win/mac/linux, standalone+vst). There's 1 english voice, free for noncommercial projects. Free demo too.

V5 has been out for 9 MONTHS now with no new english voices, so i am REALLY looking forward to trying out Emvoice this weekend :hyper:

plexuss wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 pm What is this thing? I installed it and its kind of mind blowing... I don't like the idea of cloud dependency so the price would have to reflect that. $200 would be way too much. I'd prefer to pay-for-use. Much like other cloud based digital products where there is a free version and a few different paid tiers. It seems weird to go cloud based but sell it as stand-alone.

I have no idea how to use it. I clicked around in the grid and I really liked what I heard! I'd definitely use this. I am going to have to read through the thread because I am confused as to the development of this tool. :phones:
Thanks!
We chose this cloud-based solution because we want to give our users instant access to dozens of voices, each of which weighs many, many Gb. Create a song, then try it with 10 different voices. Or switch to a big, custom vocal ensemble to see how it sounds.

On our side, it prevents piracy which will help us offer our tech at a reasonable cost. There are many years of research and development going in there. :)

If you have issues, you can check the help menu > about, or send us an email (support) with your OS and DAW version number. You need 10.12 at least. Hope this helps.

Also we're not sure about pricing yet, stay tuned!
Express Yourself.

Interesting.
Cloud based?
And out I am :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

+1

Cloud based = no way.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

monkees transport was cloud based.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:25 am Interesting.
Cloud based?

Cheers,

Tom
The plugin is so small that it will take you less than a minute to download AND install. There's no harm in trying :)
Express Yourself.

rodyy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:47 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:25 am Interesting.
Cloud based?

Cheers,

Tom
The plugin is so small that it will take you less than a minute to download AND install. There's no harm in trying :)
Not if you have absolutely no interest in it.

Return to “Instruments”