Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
11096 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:14 am

rodyy wrote:
fisherKing wrote:i need to explore the options more; vibrato, legato tricks. sounds great! am doing a serious track for it today...
Great, I wanna hear it :)

As for pricing, we understand that lots of users are reluctant to pay $200 upfront for a cloud-based instrument, especially from a new company. So we'll offer our voices either in a pure subscription model (monthly fee), or a rent-to-own model, I'm not sure yet.

And we don't have plans to let users create their own voices yet.
Wait! Coud-based, and subscription model. Will I also have to smite my first-born? :scared:

wagtunes
KVRAF
14854 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:22 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
rodyy wrote:
fisherKing wrote:i need to explore the options more; vibrato, legato tricks. sounds great! am doing a serious track for it today...
Great, I wanna hear it :)

As for pricing, we understand that lots of users are reluctant to pay $200 upfront for a cloud-based instrument, especially from a new company. So we'll offer our voices either in a pure subscription model (monthly fee), or a rent-to-own model, I'm not sure yet.

And we don't have plans to let users create their own voices yet.
Wait! Coud-based, and subscription model. Will I also have to smite my first-born? :scared:
Hey be careful man, you're sounding almost as sarcastic as me. Oh wait, I don't use sarcasm. I just come out and say when something sucks and then get crucified for it.

vurt
addled muppet weed
41723 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 am

i need to hear a 3 way rap battle between, vocaloid, emvoice and synth v!

emceed by a speak and spell!

fisherKing
KVRAF
1742 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 am

wagtunes wrote:
Hey be careful man, you're sounding almost as sarcastic as me. Oh wait, I don't use sarcasm. I just come out and say when something sucks and then get crucified for it.
because what you say is all that matters? 'I just come out and say when something sucks'''? crucified? you need to calm down, get some perspective.

if you have an opinion, voice it. ie if you don't like the idea of a cloud-based plugin. otherwise (like myself, for example), it's just your opinion, and ultimately, not that important. :(
always one plugin short of perfection...

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:23 am

fisherKing wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
because what you say is all that matters? 'I just come out and say when something sucks'''? crucified? you need to calm down, get some perspective.

if you have an opinion, voice it. ie if you don't like the idea of a cloud-based plugin. otherwise (like myself, for example), it's just your opinion, and ultimately, not that important. :(
My opinion important? Please, my existence on this planet isn't important. Not the point. Point is, everybody else here can say whatever they want about anything and nobody says boo to them. I say it and I get called out on it, constantly. The hypocrisy is almost laughable.

And I get it that I'm not liked because I have a big mouth and don't care what I say. But man, there are some people here who say things that either have me rolling my eyes or laughing my ass off. Sometimes both as el-bo's comment really was hysterical.

But it's all good as long as it's not me saying it.

That's the reality of my existence here. And I've finally accepted it, which is why I don't even care anymore when somebody tells me off or tells me to stay out of a thread if I have nothing good to say, or whatever it is they want me to do. I just ignore them now and go on and say whatever I want anyway.

It's liberating to finally get to this point. You should try it sometime.

The business model of this product is beyond laughable. For starters, $200? For a subscription model? Seriously? What exactly is it that they think they invented here? Do you REALLY think this thing sounds THAT much better than Vocaloid? If you do, you're looking at this product through very rose colored glasses. It still doesn't sound like a real human being with all a human's complexities as far as vocal timbers.

And no product is ever going to get that good. At least not in my lifetime.

So yeah, given the price, the model and all the problems with running this thing, I don't see it being a big success, which is a shame because diction wise, it is slightly better than Vocaloid. I see potential here. But there's just too much baggage.

And before you say I'm not a potential customer, you're wrong. I'm probably more into vocal synthesis than anybody here. Just check my Soundcloud page. I keep praying for a real human like vocal engine. This isn't it. This isn't even close to being it.

Honestly, anybody who thinks this actually sounds so amazing should just get Vocaloid 5, pay a lot less money in the process, and get something that is virtually just as good.

Emvoice is no major breakthrough in vocal synthesis.

All you need to figure that out is just open up your ears.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:28 am

wagtunes wrote: And I get it that I'm not liked because I have a big mouth and don't care what I say.

hey! i like you!
wouldn't take the piss so much if i didn't :P
thats just how it is here, not sure if thats something amerkins do?

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 am

vurt wrote:
wagtunes wrote: And I get it that I'm not liked because I have a big mouth and don't care what I say.

hey! i like you!
wouldn't take the piss so much if i didn't :P
thats just how it is here, not sure if thats something amerkins do?
Yeah, but you're weird too so you don't count. :P

I don't know what Amerkins do. I come from New Jersey.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 am

i believe you mean "new joisey".

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23666 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:56 am

vurt wrote:i believe you mean "new joisey".
Isn't a new joisey what amerkins get for Xmas? :ud:

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
11096 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:04 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
:o :lol:

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:05 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:11 pm

a new jersey is better than an old merkin ;)

Scotty
KVRAF
1725 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Canadians are often confused with merkins... we are generally more polite, located further north and somehow even more hairy.

vurt wrote:a new jersey is better than an old merkin ;)
Asusp9712Core,RayDats,OASYSPCI,Cubase9,KorgLeg,Avalon737s+2022,UA4710D,6176,DCS,LA610MK2s,Neve, ARC2, Soundtoys,UADOCTO,AdamA7X, SphereMics, BCF+R2000s, DrmBrut,MiniLog,Volcas,MoogSubPhat,EnsqDP4,VirusC,Scope,MinBrut,Plugiator,NIS61 Ultimate,ComposrsCld.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:17 pm

hairier than a merkin? :o

/looks at mirror

i think i might be canadian :o

NoirSuede
KVRist
47 posts since 20 Jul, 2016 from Tangerang, Indonesia

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:26 pm

I wonder if there can be a happy medium between something like Emvoice and something like Vocaloid, the plain marketing of Emvoice just does not appeal to newcomers, meanwhile Vocaloid's marketing just causes it to have its own isolated community.

Return to “Instruments”