your "super-synth" ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the feeling that I have tested every "must have synth" and i finally stop on Avenger ,Softube modular and fabfilter one ...and you ?...what would be advice , Am i missing something ? what is the last one i could buy ?
Last edited by hivkorn on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Roland Cloud synths took the lead on the VA side, with incredibly good analog emulations: warm, full of details and with an unmatched, deep low end. Too bad you have to sign a mandatory subscription to use them, which is a complete deal breaker for many of us.
But as an hybrid synth, Zebra2 still rules. It's definitely my must-have synth, and probably my best synth to date, be it software or hardware.

Spire
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Actually I don't have the one and only one super synth! I usually use combination of synths, so this combination is my real "Super Synth" ;)

However, for me personally the main synth that I'm using is The Legend. I believe it is the most essential in my setup and when I make some music, I end up using it especially in Bass/lead tracks, although I can use it in pads and effects tracks! So I can say it is my "Super Synth" :)

It took me a while to come around, but they're right ... it really should rhyme with Debra ...

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Synths all suck in one way or another. There is always something wrong...

Chapelle wrote:IEspecially with those synths that claim to do it all, I usually end up doing nothing with them because they fail to inspire me.
I had trouble with Zebra 2 like that, it just does so much ... but I've been doing much better with it now that I stopped trying to learn everything, and just started focusing on ONE thing, then it's a lot more fun. Spent two days off and on doing nothing but playing with ring modulation ...

EnGee wrote:Actually I don't have the one and only one super synth! I usually use combination of synths, so this combination is my real "Super Synth" ;)
Yes, essentially the same here. I once decided to learn one synth (Spire) inside out and so I started using it for all sounds in all my tracks, but later I found that when I'm using a combination of different synths somehow I'm getting richer, fuller sound of the whole mix. For example, I may put essentially similar VA patches from Spire, Sylenth and Repro into the same track and get more "textured" sound.
Chapelle wrote: Especially with those synths that claim to do it all, I usually end up doing nothing with them because they fail to inspire me.
And this is also true for me. I have Zebra and sometimes I use a preset from it here or there, just because I have it, but for me it's easier and more fun to make the sounds I need with more specialized synths, which also sound better to me. I passed on Avenger for the very same reason.

On the other hand, I made few tracks using only one hardware synth for everything and it was fun but working with hardware takes slightly different mindset.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

EnGee wrote:Actually I don't have the one and only one super synth! I usually use combination of synths, so this combination is my real "Super Synth" ;)

However, for me personally the main synth that I'm using is The Legend. I believe it is the most essential in my setup and when I make some music, I end up using it especially in Bass/lead tracks, although I can use it in pads and effects tracks! So I can say it is my "Super Synth" :)
I do this too ... it's essentially a synth built from MIDI hardware knobs mapped to various parameters on various synths as needed. That's one reason I really love the lighter weight synths like Fabfilter One, because they work great for stuff like this while being easy on your cpu.

low_low wrote:
Chapelle wrote:IEspecially with those synths that claim to do it all, I usually end up doing nothing with them because they fail to inspire me.
I had trouble with Zebra 2 like that, it just does so much ... but I've been doing much better with it now that I stopped trying to learn everything, and just started focusing on ONE thing, then it's a lot more fun. Spent two days off and on doing nothing but playing with ring modulation ...
Yes, I saw your thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=508986

fluffy_little_something wrote:Synths all suck in one way or another. There is always something wrong...
Are you saying you really mean this, or are you simply being provocative in a convo, so some one will anwser this? Well I am answering. 8)

Because all synths do not suck. Actually, modern synths are fan- f*ck*n-tastic,

Are you lonely? :hihi:

hivkorn wrote: stop on Avenger ,Softube modular and fabfilter one ...?
I am having trouble finding something in common between Avenger, Softube Modular and FabFilter One. FabFilter One? Really? Why not Twin, then?

And what is there in common between those and a Modular (especially with a restrictes assostment of modules to begin with? And a synth that is mainly a ROMpler/wavetable?

What exactly are you loking for? If I would have to pick on of those three, I would go to Avenger, because it is the most versatile (although overpriced, IMO). None of them are close to what I would call a Super-Synth, though. The ones that I think are closer to that for the moment, IMO, are HALion and Falcon.

But there are so many around. What else do you already have? And are you looking for a replica, or a completely new approach? Analog inspired or digital inspired?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:FabFilter One? Really? Why not Twin, then?
Then why not Diversion. And then why not Serum. And then why not Zebra.

I get why s/he was saying FF One, because it's an oscillator with filtering, etc, and is really useful when building your own synth in the DAW with buses, midi controls, etc. It's light on the cpu, and flexible. To say that another way, you can add a bunch of FF One's and not max out your cpu. Simple yet high quality is the point.

low_low wrote: I get why s/he was saying FF One, because it's an oscillator with filtering, etc, and is really useful when building your own synth in the DAW with buses, midi controls, etc. It's light on the cpu, and flexible. To say that another way, you can add a bunch of FF One's and not max out your cpu. Simple yet high quality is the point.
My question was when put side by side with Softube Modular and Avenger. And the topic is titled Super-Synth. Can you relate FabFilter One with something "Super-Synth"?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”