Buy Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 2

Trancer wrote:Wanted to take Sylenth 1, but, it would certainly duplicate what I already have
Thing is, almost everything will, but you aren't really in sound designers mindset, for you synth is good as presets in it or for it, so sky is a limit, after Avenger almost everything you have overlaps, you can't really use neither synth you got to full extent, so either buy presets or synths based on presets, features aren't really going to give you much, every one of them just serves as rompler for any non sound designer.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Trancer wrote:Here the dilemma, Omnisphere 2 or Kontakt 5?
Depends how strong your preference are, if one sound source from Atmosphere drenched in effects is enough for your strings needs, than by all means Kontakt with all round robins, mic positions&stuff will be overkill, but again, you already got Omnisphere like strings in Nexus, same goes for choirs and everything else, your call really.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thank you for your answer, indeed more user of presets than sound research.

Except with Avenger and Serum, there I go in more detail, of sacred vst, extremely powerful.

I once recreated a couple of sounds from Adam Szabo's Sylenth1 soundset, with Spire, and was hardly able to sense a difference... IMO, Spire covers much of Sylenth1's ground, and even supersedes it in terms of sound quality, so... i think you're already well equipped.

Which DAW are you using anyway? Chances are that it already comes with an extensive sound library, and it'd probably be a good idea to look for some strings there first. E.g., i find the base content of Cubase to be quite good. It has some nice pianos, and also some nice strings. Both Omnisphere and Kontakt cost several hundred €. Just saying. Especially when you need them for "just some strings", that's a lot of money.

Thank you again for your valuable opinion.

Regarding contact, it is more related that it is a host of vst and thus is unlimited point of view sound banks, that Omnisphere 2 is more fixed, even if a colossal bank of presets

chk071 wrote:I once recreated a couple of sounds from Adam Szabo's Sylenth1 soundset, with Spire, and was hardly able to sense a difference... IMO, Spire covers much of Sylenth1's ground, and even supersedes it in terms of sound quality, so... i think you're already well equipped.
Without exaggeration, if I could choose just one synth to do every genre of trance as far as synth sounds goes, Spire would be it. :tu:

chk071 wrote:I once recreated a couple of sounds from Adam Szabo's Sylenth1 soundset, with Spire, and was hardly able to sense a difference...
Try to recreate Arp303saw :wink:

As much as I love Spire, Sylenth does have some edge over it at certain sounds, especially those with heavily modulated filters and spitting resonances.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Chk071

Thank you so much for your wisdom answer, you are right a lot of money for a few strings and choirs.

The why I ask you your opinion sure the relevance of this purchase.

I am under Fl Studio 12

Recursive one

It is true you are right more aggressive filters and modulation possibilities very extensive.

What is often said of Sylenth 1

Trancer wrote:Thank you again for your valuable opinion.

Regarding contact, it is more related that it is a host of vst and thus is unlimited point of view sound banks, that Omnisphere 2 is more fixed, even if a colossal bank of presets
If I understand you correctly, there is now a huge amount of 3rd party banks for Omnisphere. The main problem from my point of view is that Spectrasonics made the tagging so all-over-the-place, its nigh-on impossible for the 3rd party devs to integrate into it, which when you're searching all libraries makes it even messier.

But there are some great devs doing great work out there - The Unfinished is top of the tree, though largely focused on cinematic patches.

Kontakt is a sampler, focused on sample libraries primarily, its a very different animal to Omnisphere.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

recursive one wrote:
chk071 wrote:I once recreated a couple of sounds from Adam Szabo's Sylenth1 soundset, with Spire, and was hardly able to sense a difference...
Try to recreate Arp303saw :wink:

As much as I love Spire, Sylenth does have some edge over it at certain sounds, especially those with heavily modulated filters and spitting resonances.
You're right. Sounds with a lot of resonance in Sylenth1 could probably not be accurately recreated in Spire, simply because of the lack of resonance beep. :)
Zexila wrote:
chk071 wrote:I once recreated a couple of sounds from Adam Szabo's Sylenth1 soundset, with Spire, and was hardly able to sense a difference... IMO, Spire covers much of Sylenth1's ground, and even supersedes it in terms of sound quality, so... i think you're already well equipped.
Without exaggeration, if I could choose just one synth to do every genre of trance as far as synth sounds goes, Spire would be it. :tu:
Yep. :tu:

Noiseboyuk

For Kontakt there exists and are developed a lot of vst of all kinds an infinite workstation, Omnisphere 2 is excellent, but less scalable in time.

With Kontakt, there is possibility to do everything I think, more limited with Omnisphere 2 apparently

Oh dear...

They are two completely different things.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Question is... does he need either? IMO, no. Either go for some Kontakt Player libraries, or buy Halion Symphonic Orchestra, which is already available for 50 € on sales. Or... use one of the free sfz libraries which are available, completely for free. Probably enough for such a use case.

Indeed there is the player version, but often it takes the full version to take advantage of all the possibilities of some Vst.

Thank you again for your answer

Return to “Instruments”