Buy Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Zexila
KVRAF
3090 posts since 18 Mar, 2008

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:53 am

wagtunes wrote: There is a big difference between "you don't need it" and "it won't give you anything useful."

Of course you can use Omnisphere for trance. In fact, if you wanted to, you could throw everything else you have away and just keep Omnisphere and do trance.

But it's 500 freaking dollars. Given what he already has, it is total overkill to spend that kind of money on a synth to make trance sounds. If he owned nothing at all and asked for a synth that can cover just about anything, I'd say Omnsiphere hands down and that would be the end of it. But he has more than enough already to do a decent trance track. The additional $500 is not going to give him $500 more in trance capability. Not with what he already has.

Let me put it this way. If all I did was trance and had the synths he already had, no way in hell would I spend $500 on another synth that will give me marginally more use for the genre.

But hey, you're obviously a bigger Omnisphere fanboi than I am (I did say it was my most used synth) and it's his money, so hell, I don't personally care what he does. But I wouldn't be surprised if he had big time buyer's remorse after getting it. Because he's not going to get $500 worth of use out of it just to do trance.

And with that, I am truly done with this thread because I really don't give a crap what he does.

Life is too short to argue about this stuff.
+1

Spot on, I'm out too, if OP needs my help, shoot me PM, I would be glad to help out, have no time and desire to pointlessly argue here. :hug:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

low_low
KVRist
362 posts since 20 Jul, 2018

Re: Buy Omnisphere 2

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:03 am

Zexila wrote:Spot on, I'm out too, if OP needs my help, shoot me PM, I would be glad to help out, have no time and desire to pointlessly argue here. :hug:
I don't understand why you think arguing is pointless, especially here.

.oO(can I actually start an argument about forum arguments ...)

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 am

low_low wrote:
Zexila wrote:Spot on, I'm out too, if OP needs my help, shoot me PM, I would be glad to help out, have no time and desire to pointlessly argue here. :hug:
I don't understand why you think arguing is pointless, especially here.

.oO(can I actually start an argument about forum arguments ...)
Yeah :D because it's pointless, I want to help OP, not convince another member why my opinion should be his too, don't agree, fine, agree, awesome. :tu:

Oh I see you joined KVR recently, well, arguing here is pretty tiresome and pointless, you will eventually realize that. :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10535 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 am

Zexila wrote:arguing here is pretty tiresome and pointless
No it isn't :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlv_aZjHXc

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:40 am

:lol:

Etienne1973
KVRist
291 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 am

Trancer wrote:I compose electronic music (Trance).
What kind of Trance? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trance_genres

DJErmac
KVRian
585 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 am

No. YOU buy Omnisphere 2.

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:37 am

Trancer wrote:In your opinion,

Given the current set of vst, what do I miss it like Vst to enrich the sound.

A vst that stands out by these specific features.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=509331

zzz00m
KVRian
1293 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:36 am

Zexila wrote:folks like Aiyn Zahev always deliver quality and versatility:
I like the Aiyn Zahev sounds in the KV331 factory libraries for SynthMaster, as well as the 2 expansions.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

zenophilix
KVRian
729 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 am

Elektronisch wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Omnisphere 2 is my most used synth. Given what you have, for Trance, you don't need it.
Ok really, guys you are being offensive here, and to say something like"Given what you have, for Trance, you don't need it." is the least ignorant if not absurd answer. Its same like saying, oh for orchestra music you only need string instruments, thats it. You probably dont even imagine how wide and versitile the genre is. I dont want to be offensive but you clearly dont know this genre and probbably heard only Robert Miles Children.

To topic creator, dont listen to the guys, they dont know what they are talking about or have knowledge of it.

if you need omnisphere 2 is up to you, it has alot of usable bread and butter sounds that are more then suitable for trance music and much more interesting ones then some of the soft synths can offer. Its also good because it offers real instruments that are also quite used in trance music from choirs (that sound better then nexus) to string instruments and solo vocals. Along that alot of amazing pads, textures, fx sounds that very suitable for the genre.

Also if you are curious http://equipboard.com/items/spectrasonics-omnisphere-2
Um, what. :hihi: OP was asking for recommendations on if Omnisphere would compliment his current setup. He has a super solid collection of top quality softsynths, so buying Omnishpere most likely wouldn't add enough to his trance production to justify the $500. Absolutely nothing offensive about it. You need to relax.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

wagtunes
KVRAF
13400 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 am

zenophilix wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Omnisphere 2 is my most used synth. Given what you have, for Trance, you don't need it.
Ok really, guys you are being offensive here, and to say something like"Given what you have, for Trance, you don't need it." is the least ignorant if not absurd answer. Its same like saying, oh for orchestra music you only need string instruments, thats it. You probably dont even imagine how wide and versitile the genre is. I dont want to be offensive but you clearly dont know this genre and probbably heard only Robert Miles Children.

To topic creator, dont listen to the guys, they dont know what they are talking about or have knowledge of it.

if you need omnisphere 2 is up to you, it has alot of usable bread and butter sounds that are more then suitable for trance music and much more interesting ones then some of the soft synths can offer. Its also good because it offers real instruments that are also quite used in trance music from choirs (that sound better then nexus) to string instruments and solo vocals. Along that alot of amazing pads, textures, fx sounds that very suitable for the genre.

Also if you are curious http://equipboard.com/items/spectrasonics-omnisphere-2
Um, what. :hihi: OP was asking for recommendations on if Omnisphere would compliment his current setup. He has a super solid collection of top quality softsynths, so buying Omnishpere most likely wouldn't add enough to his trance production to justify the $500. Absolutely nothing offensive about it. You need to relax.
Relax? This is simply not possible. This is KVR.

Aren't you used to it by now?

low_low
KVRist
362 posts since 20 Jul, 2018

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Too much coffee ... must win Internet ...

chk071
KVRAF
17037 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:19 pm

zzz00m wrote:
Zexila wrote:folks like Aiyn Zahev always deliver quality and versatility:
I like the Aiyn Zahev sounds in the KV331 factory libraries for SynthMaster, as well as the 2 expansions.
He's one of the outstanding sound designers out there for me. And also the person with the best sound demos for his soundsets.

On the topic, ithink i'd rather recommend Nexus than Omnisphere, if you're into Trance music. I don't know much of Omnisphere, but, it always rather seemed like a solution for cinematic, or Ambient music to me. Nexus has production ready sounds, which are used by a lot of people in the business. Otherwise, i'd recommend Avenger, but, seeing the OP already owns it...

Um.... and now i read the OP again, and see he already owns Nexus. :lol: WTH do you need abother VSTi then. :P Back to the drawing board wit ya!

Zexila
KVRAF

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Maybe some granular synth could inspire him further, that's what's missing in his arsenal.

CrystalWizard
KVRian
613 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbiti sw usa

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:57 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Zexila wrote:arguing here is pretty tiresome and pointless
No it isn't :P

That’s not arguing it’s just contradiction.

Hahaha you beat me to it
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

Return to “Instruments”