FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
zvenx
KVRAF
6585 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:59 am

Tbh I wasn't specifically addressing you. And it was more influenced by db3's take.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx
KVRAF
6585 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: FXpansion releases Cypher2

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:00 am

bbtr wrote:
zvenx wrote:
bbtr wrote:
zvenx wrote:Everyone has different sound aesthetic tastes, and none is more right than the other.
Then there are those people called 'experts'. And 'pro's'. E.g., violin makers. Or violin players. Or brass makers. Or brass players. Have you ever played real sax in your life?

No I haven't.....why?.......but if indeed there were right and wrong answers they would probably be much less manufacturers of instruments, maybe?
rsp
Yes, there are right and wrong answers, because some achieve success, and some go out of business. Please don't throw away expertise. 's all I'm sayin'

Yes but some ppl like Gibson guitars, some like Fenders, some like PRS's etc..
which one is the right electric guitar?

some people like Martin, some people prefer Taylors..
which one is the right acoustic guitar?
rsp
sound sculptist

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12044 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:03 am

zvenx wrote:The effects are on a separate tab :)..... fortunately :)
rsp
Finally found it 8)

gentleclockdivider
KVRian
1146 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 am

db3 wrote:
Ingonator wrote: Concerning the overall sound which is very important i am a bit disappointed so far.
+1. Yet to be inspired by the demo. I remember feeling the same with Strobe 2, I felt it lost its mojo.
Andrew Simper 'cytomic ' was responsible for the original synthsquad analgue modelling dsp, dunno if he was a freelance coder or not ..doesn't really matter .
Andrew left , so did the MOJO
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12044 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am

When I scanned for the synth in my DAW, it took minutes to add it.

And now, the uninstallation progress bar didn't do anything, stayed empty for minutes, until I canceled uninstallation. Checked the folder and it was already gone. I hate such unprofessional installers, I hope everything was really deleted.

It was a waste of time for me. Didn't like the GUI, nor the presets, the sound character is a bit flat, with little bass in my view.

4damind
KVRAF
4629 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 am

- Resource usage is big, CPU goes up and my RAM with Cubase goes near 4GB (so after some time this are ~3GB for Cypher2) after playing with the presets.
- Demo restriction: it seems not enough to reload the instance I must reopen the complete project, why?
- I miss the scaling handle to resize the GUI.. maybe it was discussed earlier if Cypher2 supports scaling?
- The sound is not really analog and not really digital, it's something between. Have not compared it to Cypher1 but I like it

I don't know if I really need Cypher2... Hmm... :shrug:

30 min is not enough time for trying big things or polish stuff, but it gives me some early idea. The pad is not Cypher (it's Dune) because the lack of time^^
https://soundcloud.com/52degree/cypher2/s-plWTn

chaosWyrM
KVRAF
1687 posts since 29 Apr, 2010 from NYC

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:50 am

Ingonator wrote:Concerning the overall sound which is very important i am a bit disappointed so far.
another +1 from me. yes tastes are different for everyone and im not saying i think its not a good synth...just for me its pretty meh. im not finding the sound all that interesting and its not inspiring me to dig deeper.
ImageImageImage

fisherKing
KVRAF
1721 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 am

am actually liking this one a lot (and am very picky), but, at $200 US, not sure i need it. will consider that (that's what weekends are for)...
always one plugin short of perfection...

fwsuperhero
KVRist
294 posts since 26 Jul, 2012 from Prague, czech republic

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 am

Hi,
can somebody experienced in sound synthesis tell me what this synth can do and bitwig native modulators + its synth cant? This shouldnt be a match, i just wanna to get some idea of its unique features before I will invest in a new computer :clown:

bbtr
Banned
410 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:And now, the uninstallation progress bar didn't do anything, stayed empty for minutes, until I canceled uninstallation. Checked the folder and it was already gone. I hate such unprofessional installers, I hope everything was really deleted.
Yes, the uninstaller also hung up here. I think it leaves some things, can;t verify because installed it again.

While we're at it, on project reload, pressing previous or next patch button should go to previous or next patch, not to the top of the tree. :!:

I hope someone is taking notes.

zerocrossing
KVRAF
9299 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:06 am

jsp1979 wrote:So, when is Amber 2 coming out?

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding)
I'm not! Amber was my favorite of the DCAM synths.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing
KVRAF
9299 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:12 am

I'm definitely getting this. More decent MPE compatible instruments, please!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Cinebient
KVRAF
3616 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:19 am

I´m legit for a discount since i own a Seaboard Rise and Strobe 2 and it´s a really nice sounding and expressive synth but i agree on some posts before that it lacks the analog power i expected and in general it has a more digital sound to me. Not bad at all but i also find it in general a bit on the thinner side and a bit hollow (sorry, just my first contact with it).
The reverb is really not good as some other FX too. I wished it had less but better FX on board.
The GUI isn´t what i want to work with as well for longer time on my macbook pro which also gets damn hot with this synth.
So of course i give it some time but so far i think i will pass and i´m not sure if it brings anything new to what i already have.
It´s still a great synth and i´m sure a lot people will love it. It might be just not my flavor in terms of sounds, GUI and workflow. I feel the same about Strobe 2 and never use it, so don´t take that too serious. Def. worth to demo.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2210 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:26 am

zerocrossing wrote:I'm definitely getting this. More decent MPE compatible instruments, please!
Yes, please! :pray:

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

aMUSEd
KVRAF
29655 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 am

It's FM so isn't it supposed to be more 'digital' sounding than, say, Strobe 2 and certainly more than things like Repro. Bazille seems a more legit comparison.

Return to “Instruments”