FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

bbtr wrote:
bbtr wrote:A single instance in Reaper uses 2.5 GB of RAM (mostly for the UI) and the interface gets calculated even when shut down. Is this a video game or a music application?
Is this some sort of bug? Because it starts with somewhat normal RAM consumption, but then after changing presets, RAM accumulates and not before long goes to 2+ GB, let's see if we can pass the 3 GB mark!

Is this just in Reaper? Do you have another DAW to test with. I don't recall anything like this being brought up in the beta. I know they plan on improving CPU consumption in the next update or two.
I would suggest a support ticket
Edit (I asked for machine spec, didn't realise you already provided them)
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Halonmusic wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Nice. Btw, what exactly us TransMod ?
Anyone?
Transmod is FXpansion's approach to modulation. You've got all the standard things you'd expect like LFOs, envelopes, MIDI expression like velocity etc, but also an absolute ton of unusual modulation sources - think things like unison voice number, keyzones, how many voices are playing and in what order were they triggered - all acting as modulators which can be routed anywhere. Furthermore they can all cross-modulate/multiply each other. If you want something insane like having every voice in a unison stack playing through a different filter type let alone cutoff value, you can do it.
Last edited by cron on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bob swans wrote:
bbtr wrote:
bbtr wrote:A single instance in Reaper uses 2.5 GB of RAM (mostly for the UI) and the interface gets calculated even when shut down. Is this a video game or a music application?
Is this some sort of bug? Because it starts with somewhat normal RAM consumption, but then after changing presets, RAM accumulates and not before long goes to 2+ GB, let's see if we can pass the 3 GB mark!

Is this just in Reaper? Do you have another DAW to test with. I don't recall anything like this being brought up in the beta. I know they plan on improving CPU consumption in the next update or two.
This guy has already driven Urs Hwckmann into desperation.
Urs wrote:
bbtr wrote:nm
What? Nevermind? After several peeps at u-he tested your preset in various hosts to figure out what difference we're supposed to hear? After I was just gonna post proof that BPM does not affect oscillators?

Man, sometimes I wish I could send people an invoice...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seems, he takes on FXpansion now...

cron wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Anyone?
Transmod is FXpansion's approach to modulation. You've got all the standard things you'd expect like LFOs, envelopes, MIDI expression like velocity etc, but also an absolute ton of unusual modulation sources - think things like unison voice number, keyzones, how many voices are playing and in what order were they triggered - all acting as modulators which can be routed anywhere. Furthermore they can all cross-modulate/multiply each other. If you want something insane like having every voice in a unison stack playing through a different filter type let alone cutoff value, you can do it.
Wow that sounds crazy! :o
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
cron wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Anyone?
Wow that sounds crazy! :o
It is! :D It's extraordinarily deep. Strobe 2 is a 'straight' VA but Transmod let me hack it into a rudimentary physical modelling synth. You won't find a deeper, more powerful modulation system anywhere else IMO.

bob swans wrote:
bbtr wrote:

Yes, one instance in Reaper. No, currently not. Support ticket - I'm still demoing. OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

bbtr wrote:
bob swans wrote:
bbtr wrote:

Yes, one instance in Reaper. No, currently not. Support ticket - I'm still demoing. OS is Windows 7 64 bit.
WINDOWS 7 ??? :dog:

martinjuenke wrote:Seems, he takes on FXpansion now...
That's not related in anyway and I'm not taking on anyone.

The other thread was titled Zebra 2 Brain Overload. :oops:
Last edited by bbtr on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinjuenke wrote:
bbtr wrote:
bob swans wrote:
bbtr wrote:

Yes, what's the problem? Cypher is running fine here at 96 kHZ. Don't think the excessive RAM usage is related to OS version, mmm?

(IMO) the UI design of this synth is just ... beyond horrible. I can't understand that a company as experienced as FXPansion would release it in this state.

- White on light grey for text for very bad legibility
- Virtually no color coding for easier eye navigation / Too many identical gray boxes with text
- Way, way too much information on main synth tab

Can anyone look at this and seriously go "I want to use this synth?"

:?:

Liero wrote:(IMO) the UI design of this synth is just ... beyond horrible. I can't understand that a company as experienced as FXPansion would release it in this state.

- Virtually no color coding for easier eye navigation / Too many identical gray boxes with text

Vector is extremely taxing, so UIs have to stay simple..............

bbtr wrote:
Liero wrote:(IMO) the UI design of this synth is just ... beyond horrible. I can't understand that a company as experienced as FXPansion would release it in this state.

Vector is extremely taxing, so UIs have to stay simple..............
None of the points I mentioned require bitmaps to fix in any way?

bbtr wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
bbtr wrote:
bob swans wrote:
bbtr wrote:

Yes, what's the problem? Cypher is running fine here at 96 kHZ. Don't think the excessive RAM usage is related to OS version, mmm?
For a contemporary synth you should have a contemporary OS. Otherwise :o

You talkin' to me???

@Liero - yes, precisely.

martinjuenke wrote: For a contemporary synth you should have a contemporary OS. Otherwise :o
The differences between Windows 7 and Windows 10 when running a non-metro desktop app like REAPER is almost nonexistent - Win 10 (and 8 ) were mostly about windows universal app platform and cosmetic changes. The windows NT kernel is basically the same.

Return to “Instruments”