FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

Actually no the kernel is not quite the same.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think the question is whether or not it is a contemporary OS. The question is, does fxpansion support it. Did they test on it. If the answer to that is no, then, at least, you should expect the one of the other odd behavior.

I don't think such a RAM issue is due to W7. I doubt that synth does something that no W7 application has done before.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liero wrote:
martinjuenke wrote: For a contemporary synth you should have a contemporary OS. Otherwise :o
The differences between Windows 7 and Windows 10 when running a non-metro desktop app like REAPER is almost nonexistent - Win 10 (and 8 ) were mostly about windows universal app platform and cosmetic changes. The windows NT kernel is basically the same.
Yeah but there are chipset drivers, other hardware drivers, no doubt tons of other stuff I can't be bothered to think of. The laptop he described on page 2 has a cpu that came out more than 6 months after the last Windows 7 service pack.

I can understand people wanting to stay on old, solid OS's, but if you're running w7 with hardware that's in any way modern then you're gonna have probs running the latest greatest stuff. If you just want to use Reaper and simple plugs then of course it doesnt matter

If you look on the Cypher2 webpage the minimum requirement is W10 :lol: - so it's obviously not that surprising that bbtr is having probs?

That time when the announcement thread of a long-awaited, much sought after synth was derailed by Windows 7 discussion, because KVR folks are just the most interesting people ever, as usual. :tu:

Anybody using the actual synth yet?? I have to wait until after work...

mholloway wrote: Anybody using the actual synth yet??
No. Get lost.

;)

Yup, been on it all night :D
Sounds great, getting lost in the sequencer page, probability triggering is fun :hyper:
Some cool presets playing 5d with my roli :love:

Lots of cool skins, some nice and colourful, one that matches Tremor! :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

moshimoshi wrote:If you look on the Cypher2 webpage the minimum requirement is W10 :lol: - so it's obviously not that surprising that bbtr is having probs?
What, really? I'm not using that. No way. Ever.

Well done, fxpansion :clap:

SLiC wrote:Yup, been on it all night :D
Same here, how else could I come upon the RAM issue?

Sounds great, OF COURSE.

Whenever someone complains about technical issues you can be 99% certain that it is down to some highly specific user error. I wish we could banish these "discussions" from KVR because they always derail threads. Windows 7...I mean, c'mon. It is practically EOL.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 3.55.16 PM.jpg
@bbtr.
so you know the specs says windows 10.

For what it is worth, I have been beta testing this in some form or another for the past two years I think? (time flies) and certainly whilst I didn't monitor Memory usage, I dont' recall having memory issues in say the last 3 or so months of testing....And I use a lot of samples so I would like to think I would have noticed in projects that I was using Halion and Kontakt as well as cypher 2 with.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Not even 32 bit 8)

recursive one wrote:I'm not very familiar with the original Cypher. What it essentially is? An FM/audio-rate modulation synth with analogue-modelled filters? It must be then overlapping with Bazille in some aspects, doesn't it? I think the demo in this thread sounds somehow like Bazille.

The old synth squad synhthesis algoritms s ( cypher/strobe/amber ) were coded by Andrew Simper ( Cytomic the glue , the drop etc...)

SYnthsquad was great when it came out , but the new fx pansion stuff doen't really do it for me ...
My 2 cents
I'll wait for the fortcoming Cytomic synth
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:
recursive one wrote:I'm not very familiar with the original Cypher. What it essentially is? An FM/audio-rate modulation synth with analogue-modelled filters? It must be then overlapping with Bazille in some aspects, doesn't it? I think the demo in this thread sounds somehow like Bazille.

The old synth squad synhthesis algoritms s ( cypher/strobe/amber ) were coded by Andrew Simper ( Cytomic the glue , the drop etc...)

SYnthsquad was great when it came out , but the new fx pansion stuff doen't really do it for me ...
My 2 cents
I'll wait for the fortcoming Cytomic synth
Ironically it is mostly the other way around for me....I had SS1 and hardly ever used it beyond some of the banks that Himalaya came out with for them....

I found the original factory bank and default settings way too aggressive for my taste, not to mention the GUI was small and well....
rsp
sound sculptist

Just to confirm, I tried the Cypher2 demo on my PC (Intel i5, 8GB RAM running Windows 8.1 64 bit and Reaper 4) and I get the memory leak issue too (Reaper's RAM usage steadily increased until it reached 5.1GB by the end of the 30 min demo period). Shame - Strobe2, Geist2, (and Bazille & Diva) all run fine on this PC and the CPU usage with Cypher2 was OK - it was just that RAM leak. So it looks like this Win 10 requirement is pretty strict. Ah well, that's the price of progress!

Return to “Instruments”