FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

Tried the demo... man, it loads so slow in Ableton 10, even get message Ableton is not responding. If I Ioad another instance on another track it loads fast. If I want to close Ableton with an instance of Cypher2 it also takes forever. Standalon just runs fine. Wanted to uninstall it... uninstaller just does nothing...? Had to remove it manual.
Really wanted to play with it... :?

Edit: Specs are I5 6600k and 16Gb ram

aMUSEd wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Am I correct in assuming that most if not all of Electric Himalaya's banks which FXPansion used to sell for Cypher 1 are now included in the factory bank?
Not sure, they appear as addons for me in the Legacy tab, but I think it depends on what you bought before (plus they don't have effects and any new features)
Thanks. Maybe himalaya can confirm?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Am I correct in assuming that most if not all of Electric Himalaya's banks which FXPansion used to sell for Cypher 1 are now included in the factory bank?
Not sure, they appear as addons for me in the Legacy tab, but I think it depends on what you bought before (plus they don't have effects and any new features)
Thanks. Maybe himalaya can confirm?

I don't think any of the banks are included...All the factory patches are new patches to Cypher2.....

rsp
sound sculptist

All presets are brand spanking new.

The Cypher2 engine offers so much that new patches just pour out of it.

But I can say that I did try to recreate two specific presets from Cypher1 (for the Seaboard GRAND, not the Synth Squad sound packs) in Cypher2. These were 3D originally but now are 5D. For those who have a GRAND, these are the Dirt Ribbon and Bamboo Flute presets.

The original Cypher1 'Dirt Ribbon' patch is shown in the video below, in case anyone is interested. It's a patch that has one of the (poly*) ring-modulators assigned to GLIDE (pitch). The new version in Cypher2 has three poly ring-modulators (on slide, glide and the xy-pad) and is a real monster of a sound!

The original (single ring-mod):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWsTac1exhk

Poly* - I make this distinction since Cypher2 has 3 ring-modulators in its signal chain, and these can be played polyphonically, but it also has normal 'mono' effects with several falvours of ring-modulation (which are mono and can't be used in the way the video above demonstrates). So many choices! :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

@mispoes - have not seen anything like that here. Can you provide some additional system info please:

- are you using mechanical HDD, or SSD?
- Which OS version?
- Which graphics card, if any?

Thanks,
Angus.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Anyone else having problems with the last Cypher2 update? It’s showing in Logic but when I try to open it, I get a message that it’s not available and that I should contact the developer... went back to the previous version which works fine.

@kelvyn - see previous page's posts from @cuttime and @fisherKing. Just need Logic to refresh its plug-in cache.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote:@kelvyn - see previous page's posts from @cuttime and @fisherKing. Just need Logic to refresh its plug-in cache.
Thanks for that :tu:
I found the easiest solution was simply to rescan Cypher2 in Logics Plugin Manager. No need to go into Terminal and rescan everything again.

Now Bitwig 2.4 is out I can finally record everything properly in MPE mode! The textures in particular are a joy - not enough though, please release an entire bank just of 5D textures, the expressive capabilities with a Seaboard and LightPad M combined are just off the wall.

aMUSEd wrote:Now Bitwig 2.4 is out I can finally record everything properly in MPE mode! The textures in particular are a joy - not enough though, please release an entire bank just of 5D textures, the expressive capabilities with a Seaboard and LightPad M combined are just off the wall.
OMG!
I got Strobe second hand cheaply. Then I upgraded to Strobe2. Then a Seaboard Block, Cypher2, LightPad, Equator... And now Bitwig? Where shall that end? :o

No worries Komplete 12 won‘t have MPE... Though I‘d like it not to end...

MPE is a REAL game changer!
I started my first music production efforts at the beginning of the Nineties with a Yamaha SY-22 :party:
To see how far technology has come is breathtaking. No more „machine“ music but expressiveness abound. Wonderful times. :clap:

Its cool that FXspansion is co-founded by a woman. There seems to be mostly male developers.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

FX have posted some more tutorial videos, including a signal flow one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuwW0Mpez-8

Question: Is there a possibility to get a decent suboscillator in Cypher2?

Return to “Instruments”