Petition: FXpansion shall come up with TREMOR 2 quickly

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ekwipt wrote:i thought fxpansion went out of business?
Nope, they were bought by ROLI two years ago, developed Equator for them, then Strobe2 and now Cypher2 and in the future there will be........ :?:

Petition: I'm hungry and too lazy to "cook" something. Angus should jump on his bike and bring me food. Thanks.

My guess is it doesn't fit into the controller-side of the Roli business the way the new Cypher 2 does, but maybe there are some creative ways to use MPE in a drum machine (anyone doing that?).

I'm happy to see both Strobe and Cypher got love, and yeah - a Tremor skin hiding in Cypher bodes well!

martinjuenke wrote:
ekwipt wrote:i thought fxpansion went out of business?
Nope, they were bought by ROLI two years ago, developed Equator for them, then Strobe2 and now Cypher2 and in the future there will be........ :?:
Didn't know they developed Equator

That's actually not true. Equator was developed by ROLI. Fxpansion was not involved here.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

That's what I had thought

himalaya wrote:That's actually not true. Equator was developed by ROLI. Fxpansion was not involved here.
My speculation was obviously false, sorry!
Take it as a compliment for the FXpansion team that I thought Equator could only be done by them...

Sad to read this. Tremor is what got me back to audio software, just when I almost caved in and bought a hardware drum box. It did, however, set me on the route towards buying a Seaboard, Geist, and Cypher2.

Tremor 2 would be an insta-buy for me.

Tremor works great as it is.
There are also expansion packs for it from various sources, myself included. So it has been updated with new content.

Feature wise it's as complete as can be, with the exception of midi drag&drop.

himalaya wrote:Tremor works great as it is.
There are also expansion packs for it from various sources, myself included. So it has been updated with new content.

I would pretty much agree other than the bigger GUI would have been nice before they ended developement.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

himalaya wrote:Tremor works great as it is.

On the one hand that’s right and okay.
On the other hand especially Mac user will have problems sometime in the future when upgrading their OS, which notoriously breaks unsupported plugins... It’s a pity!

True.
I have to remain on El Capitan since Sierra breaks compatibility with some essential sample editors (which are no longer available nor supported), so you are correct, this is a valid issue in the long run.

So let‘s hope the u-he drum machine will eventually materialise to become a worthy substitute in the future...

My problem with SW drum machines is the integration of sequencer, I don't need it.

I would like that any drum machine came with modules to load in your DAW as individual hits for a drum rack.
dedication to flying

I never did like tremor personally. I'm all for the uhe drum synth though, as for tremor
I already have preferable alternatives.

Return to “Instruments”